The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Who would win?

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 5 2016, 5:13pm

Post #1 of 8 (5141 views)
Shortcut
Who would win? Can't Post

Of these pairs who do you think would win in one-on-one combat?

Thranduil vs Elrond
Elrond vs Gandalf
Thorin vs Thranduil
Thorin vs Dwalin
Fili vs Kili
Azog vs Bolg
Smaug vs Sauron

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 5 2016, 5:23pm

Post #2 of 8 (5120 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil v Elrond - tough call, but Thranduil is taller so he has the advantage here!
Elrond v. Gandalf - Gandalf, if he can drop something on ElrondWink
Thorin v. Thranduil - I'd pay good money to see this! Thorin would have to play dirty & low, but I think he could do it!
Thorin v. Dwalin - Ohh, so tough! But again I'll go with Thorin, Dwalin is just too loyal to really best his King!Shocked
Fili v. Kili - I'll go with Fili because Dean has a black belt, haha!
Azog v Bolg - meh, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll kill each otherTongue
Smaug v Sauron - Well Sauron's not really solid, and he's already in flames, so I gotta go with Sauron.
But you left out the best one: Galadriel v. Tauriel!!Evil

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Apr 5 2016, 5:27pm

Post #3 of 8 (5116 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil vs Elrond = Thranduil
Elrond vs Gandalf = Gandalf
Thorin vs Thranduil = Thorin
Thorin vs Dwalin = Dwalin
Fili vs Kili = Fili
Azog vs Bolg = Azog
Smaug vs Sauron = Smaug

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 5 2016, 5:59pm

Post #4 of 8 (5105 views)
Shortcut
I almost include this pairing [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But you left out the best one: Galadriel v. Tauriel!!Evil

...but I didn't feel it would be a fair match. Galadriel defeats Sauron that's pretty intense, I don't think there are too many who could defeat Galadriel one-on-one. But Tauriel vs Kili would be interesting...though personally I feel Tauriel vs. Fili would be a tighter match.

Fereth
Rivendell

Apr 5 2016, 8:03pm

Post #5 of 8 (5071 views)
Shortcut
My answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil vs Elrond - Hmm, Thranduil's a bit of a hothead, so I guess Elrond's ability to keep a cool head might give him an advantage?
Elrond vs Gandalf - Gandalf
Thorin vs Thranduil - Thranduil, both are hotheads but Thrandy's got a coupld thousand years' experience on Thorin.
Thorin vs Dwalin - Dwalin. The guy's a brick wall.
Fili vs Kili - Fili's probably been getting his little bro in headlocks since they were kids, so Fili it is.
Azog vs Bolg - Azog
Smaug vs Sauron - Sauron

As for Tauriel vs Galadriel- I think even Tauriel who sticks an arrow in her king's face would have the good sense to forfeit that one. Laugh

StingingFly
Lorien

Apr 6 2016, 1:35am

Post #6 of 8 (5044 views)
Shortcut
as I see it [In reply to] Can't Post

Elrond quite easily as Thranduil is just too shaky. I recall his wide eyed dismay as Dain outmaneuvered him on the battle field.
Movie Gandalf, particularly Hobbit Gandalf, doesn't have the offensive capabilities. Elrond patiently waits for an opening and delivers the finishing blow.
Movie Thorin is outmatched and apparently defeated, when he goes Rob Roy on a gloating Thranduil (yes, a replay of the Rob Roy duel, which is the best sword fight ever).
Thorin outclasses a sloppy Dwalin.
Kili is a lover, not a fighter. Fili decisively, untouched
Azog, with a heavy dose of 'old Orc strength', whups Junior, who can't even see attacks coming from his left side, which where Azog's attacks are going to come from.
Smaug was unimpressed with the Ring, and thus Sauron. Smaug has no fear of Sauron, which is where his power lies in his current state.

Sarahbor
Lorien

Apr 6 2016, 1:35am

Post #7 of 8 (5047 views)
Shortcut
Winners [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil vs. Elrond - Thranduil (if he can face dragons, he can beat another elf)
Elrond vs. Gandalf - Gandalf (he's a Maia)
Thorin vs. Thranduil - Thorin (dwarves are tougher, and withstand injury better than others according to Tolkien)
Thorin vs. Dwalin - Thorin (Dwalin can punch, but unless he can punch through a solid oak shield I think Thorin's got the jump on him. He took on Azog and Smaug when no one else dared)
Fili vs. Kili - Fili (being a little older he has a bit more experience, and is less reckless and less likely to do something stupid)
Azog vs. Bolg - Azog (older and more seasoned)
Smaug vs. Sauron - Sauron (I don't think Smaug's flames would do much to a being that takes a form of flames)

Hobbit/LOTR cartoons & humor: http://www.sarahbor.com/

Padster
Bree

Apr 21 2016, 6:21am

Post #8 of 8 (4685 views)
Shortcut
And the winners are.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil vs Elrond = Elrond
Elrond vs Gandalf = Gandalf (not really very fair)
Thorin vs Thranduil = Thranduil
Thorin vs Dwalin = Throin
Fili vs Kili = Who knows, errrr, Kili!
Azog vs Bolg = Azog
Smaug vs Sauron = Sauron

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.