Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Monday art - *gorgeous* Fili speedpaint link

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 4 2016, 3:26pm

Post #1 of 14 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Monday art - *gorgeous* Fili speedpaint link Can't Post

so jealous of the TALENT *sob*CoolTongue

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Original at: https://thearkenstone-ck.tumblr.com/image/142229609231

DainPig
Gondor

Apr 4 2016, 3:43pm

Post #2 of 14 (1824 views)
Shortcut
He looks older. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice art, by the way.

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 4 2016, 10:01pm

Post #3 of 14 (1816 views)
Shortcut
This gives Fili a strong family resemblance to Thorin. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it the eyes - or the hair?

DainPig
Gondor

Apr 4 2016, 10:15pm

Post #4 of 14 (1810 views)
Shortcut
It is his beard. [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 4 2016, 11:02pm

Post #5 of 14 (1805 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I really like this.Smile

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 5 2016, 12:35pm

Post #6 of 14 (1796 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful expressive picture of Fili. I love it.

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 5 2016, 5:15pm

Post #7 of 14 (1797 views)
Shortcut
My heart belongs to Thorin, BUT... [In reply to] Can't Post

I must confess I've been "feeling the love" for Fili lately. Yeah, really nice art; really jealous of other people's talent, etc. I tried to do some Hobbit art about a year or so ago (mostly Thorin, natch!), but some of this stuff is just beyond me. Think I'll stick with writing fanfics, where the Durins can live on forever! And a big "Thank You" to Peter Jackson, for choosing Dean O'Gorman to fill Fili's shoes, er, boots! Excellent choice!

(Probably swiped this from Avandel, heheEvil)

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

DainPig
Gondor

Apr 5 2016, 5:44pm

Post #8 of 14 (1787 views)
Shortcut
My Eru... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love Fili's design. This picture you just posted is awesome. IMO, Fili's appareance reminds me of a dwarf better than Gimli, or in. Something in his eyes makes him look more dwarvish.

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 7 2016, 4:10pm

Post #9 of 14 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Agree! Dean excellent choice [In reply to] Can't Post

Tho don't get me started on all of the Thorin-Fili awesome interactions I thought I was gonna see *meh* - so:

Original credit:
http://dollsartcats.blogspot.com/.../04/fili-fanart.html

Interesting use of fur here - e.g., Evilthis goes nicely with the BOFA Fix-it in my head, as here we see our Crown Prince after BOFA, looking in wonder at his fiery uncle actually having a civil conversation with Thranduil, as Thorin personally returns the white gems in front of Mirkwood forest (which is actually beginning to show signs of new life - lots of butterflies around! And Fang-gir-iells, who are all hopping and squealing like maddened bunniesWink).

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 7 2016, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 14 (1754 views)
Shortcut
For me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

While they all look "dwarvish" to me - except perhaps Kili (but then again, that was kind of the point, that not all dwarves had to look the same, and Kili was younger like Ori) what was a happy accident is that to me, Fili and Thorin definitely looked as tho they had come out of the same gene pool. I know it was a *happy accident* with the actors - or maybe not??? And I love the visual contrast of these guys, physically and color-wise, espresso, gold, chestnut locks, blue eyes and dark, an archer and swords and knives.

I'm still glad tho that Dean replaced Rob K - I dunno, it just feels like it worked out perfectlyCool. I suppose part of it is Rob K. kind of getting on my nerves in early interviews - vaguely. I mean I thought he was putting himself forward a bit too much, but that's just an impression.Unsure

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 8 2016, 12:25am

Post #11 of 14 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Rob K [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny you should say that - I just saw him in Reese Witherspoon's "Hot Pursuit," - meh.Unimpressed He's alright, I guess. One can only speculate on the reason he left - I always assumed he just hated the fat suits & prosthetics, but maybe he was unhappy that Aidan ended up with a bigger part? Just speculating here. But yeah, super-happy that Dean was chosen - almost like divine intervention!Angelic

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 8 2016, 1:05am

Post #12 of 14 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Sometime I idly speculate about STUFF..... [In reply to] Can't Post

which I really think is not my businessShocked and it's just truly idle curiosity - but STILL...inquiring minds want to know LOLEvilEvilEvil. Like, I wonder sometimes who RA beat out over all those other guys who read for Thorin - not that overall I think absolutely, positively, IMO there wasn't anyone better, RA being ultimately IMO a "total package" - looks, physical ability, presence, acting ability, complete commitment, voice, coloring that looks good on camera, charisma, and CLASS.

It's just RA seemed so startled and appreciative and was so REFRESHING about it all.HeartHeartHeart

And I wonder if Stuart Townsend REALLY was let go from LOTR for being too youngEvil, as opposed possibly from simply getting on PJ's nerves in some fashion (because IMO it would have been easy to age ST up a bit with makeup and if ST had been around for a while on the set, how could PJ not know what he looked like on camera) and did Rob K really bail out for personal/family reasons? Of course we'd all feel sympathy for family stuff, just too hard to imagine leaving the Hobbit - for me. ShockedShockedShocked

LOL the entertainment industry can't winCoolUnimpressed - be too open and we KNOW what PJ shamefully went throughMad, talking about BOFA (shame on the media and bloggers for that one); be too quiet and folks speculate and/or make things up.....

Well, anyway, I guess RK has some talent and has won some awards *shrug* but in the end IMO we got the RIGHT Fili. I love Dean talking on the Appendices and just how BRAVE he was, as was said, just having to "get in there" - am glad that he and Aidan hit it off, that must have helped, as well as Dean's sense of humor!HeartHeartHeart

So badass! Original: http://orig08.deviantart.net/...vadzeart-d8vp6x8.jpg

H , a s g fur minn
H , a s g mur mna, og H, a s g brur mnir og systur mnar
H , a s g mitt flk aftur byrjun
H, gera eir kalla til mn, og bja mr a taka minn sta meal eirra slum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa a eilfu

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 8 2016, 3:39pm

Post #13 of 14 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Some Rob stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a funny interview: http://www.people.com/...craft-professionally

Rob talks about getting fat while playing World of Warcraft, and I get the idea from this that despite his looks, he's not really a "physical" guy. Also that his character in WoW movie is entirely CGI, kind of makes me think yeah, he quit because the physical demands, fat suits & prosthetics were just too much for him. I can't help but wonder if the same thing happened with Billy Connelly. The official line, that they replaced him with CGI because "he was buried underneath the prosthetics and we didn't realize that until after the filming? I mean come on, I can't believe that for a minute! I'm more inclined to believe (especially after seeing his behind-the-scenes stuff) that he really wasn't physically up for the challenge, so they decided to make him CGI and just have him voice the parts. I don't know why they just don't come out and say thatCrazy but whatever! Anyway, I'm super-glad they didn't decide to completely CGI Fili - and Dean was most certainly up for the challenge. Aidan called him the best sword fighter "by a mile!" Yeah, being fit and athletic goes a long way!

Just a little trip down memory lane - minus the tragic ending, of course!

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 9 2016, 3:28pm

Post #14 of 14 (1709 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love geeks, 'coz I am oneCool! That's awesome re RK! Maybe it was just the sheer weight of having to stay in NZ for so long, which of course the actors knew, but stuff is always different when you are in the middle of it - and of course, things could just be what they said - personal reasons - maybe RK really would have liked to stay but could not - those decisions are SO hard.Unsure

Re BC, I'm willing to believe that PJ and Weta simply circled the wagons to protect him - maybe when BC was hired it was all fine, but all the actors talk about how heavy everything was, and how hot - and BC asked them not to talk about it. Thing is, except for the most extreme battle shots, I really can't tell. Most of the time re this CGI Dain I don't know what folks are talking aboutCrazy, I'm not seeing it *baffled*. I feel like I can spot when they are using Thorin's short double more than I can spot when Dain is CGI in a given shot.

And I don't like it when Thorin's double is usedFrown, because RA is right, the doubles move differently...tho their use is unavoidable in a project like this. *Scowls* not seeing more of the Durins fight, especially Dean - LOL no wonder PJ is laying low....LaughLaughLaugh

Great picturesHeartHeartHeart -say, WHAT tragic ending? HmphEvil. It was dicey there for a while, but who knew Thranduil would take a hand in things AND the shall-not-be-named Blue Wizards. I tell yah, that scene where Thorin and Thranduil interact and there's that gentle snark between the two, but then Thranduil is kind of warning Thorin that there is a greater darkness moving, and to make Erebor strong again - but then he tells Thorin that if Erebor is threatened he will come - OMG, that scene is just GORGEOUS....TongueEvilCoolWinkWinkWink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.