Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
correct quote "If this is to end in fire"

bumbaroo_1

Mar 17 2016, 10:09pm

Post #1 of 16 (1581 views)
Shortcut
correct quote "If this is to end in fire" Can't Post

Heart Can someone tell me the correct quote to "If this is to end in fire"? Thanks

DainPig
Gondor

Mar 18 2016, 12:00am

Post #2 of 16 (1448 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

We will all burn together? Dont know Crazy wot?

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
Hey guys, this is my blog: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Dain Ironfoot has come!! And his pig's here too! It's going to be a great feast tonight, we are gonna eat Dain's pig! :0

bumbaroo_1

Mar 18 2016, 12:10am

Post #3 of 16 (1450 views)
Shortcut
correct quote "If this is to end in fire" [In reply to] Can't Post

It's something like, "If this is to end in fire, then we shall burn together" Perhaps I should just watch the movie again!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 18 2016, 1:24am

Post #4 of 16 (1434 views)
Shortcut
You missed one word... [In reply to] Can't Post

since the correct quote is: "If this is to end in fire, then we shall all burn together!" It's not only RA's favorite line, it's mine as well, and do you know that when he accepted the Ice Bucket Challenge, someone on Facebook (not me) commented with the following quote: "If this is to end in ice, then we shall all freeze together!" I thought that was brilliant!Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 18 2016, 4:37pm

Post #5 of 16 (1362 views)
Shortcut
well, I will.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps I should just watch the movie again!

This weekend, for sure.

Love being able to watch the films back to back....Tongue

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 18 2016, 4:44pm

Post #6 of 16 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Me too! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 18 2016, 10:20pm

Post #7 of 16 (1319 views)
Shortcut
I won't... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I don't watch them as much as you (or else I'd probably have to replace it within a month), and I don't do this with just the Middle-earth based movies, but any movie. I don't watch them more just because I happen to own it. After all, it's not like I'm going to forget, but I have been reading a few naughty stories on Ao3 (short for Archive of Our Own), which is the only fan fiction site I don't have a Hobbit related username (though I do on FF.net), it's more Jurassic Park related. And speaking of FF.net, I found another interesting one called The Reluctant Bridegroom (it's on page 7). Another AU (short for alternate universe where the three heirs of Durin survive, which are the only stories I'll read and/or favor and follow) story set after the events of BoFA (that's all I'm going to say about it, since I know some of you avoid spoilers like the plague).Smile

Thranderz
Rohan

Mar 19 2016, 11:46am

Post #8 of 16 (1250 views)
Shortcut
I haven't yet [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't watched all 3 films back to back yet (haven't had the time). Is watching all of them in a row as amazing as I think it is? Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 19 2016, 4:34pm

Post #9 of 16 (1230 views)
Shortcut
I think so! [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO watching all three films back-to-back - if a person can make the time for it - is greatHeart. For, me at least, while I didn't actually groan in despair or get mad the way some of the audience did at the end of DOS in theatersLaugh (because, being a fan, I knew about the *cliffhanger* re Smaug), one thing that's nice is go straight from the end of DOS to the attack of Laketown. Heart

There's whole older threads about the DOS ending pros and consEvil, but for me watching DOS and BOFA together is pretty common. Besides, Smaug torching Laketown is a favorite scene of mine (among others) so why should I wait?CoolTongue

AUJ I think at the end takes a nice "breath" at the carrock, but even then I love the Bree scene and then Beorn, so yeah, it's great to immerse yourself for hours in ME. Especially with the Hobbit EEs.Heart

Where I am it turned grey and mucky and Bree-like (does it ever get NICE in Bree or is it just like living in the U.S. Pacific Northwest where there is a lot of rain?Cool) so I am settling in for a "Hobbit ME immersion"Heart.

Kim
Valinor

Mar 19 2016, 6:06pm

Post #10 of 16 (1221 views)
Shortcut
I heard that [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I am it turned grey and mucky and Bree-like (does it ever get NICE in Bree or is it just like living in the U.S. Pacific Northwest where there is a lot of rain?Cool) so I am settling in for a "Hobbit ME immersion"Heart.

I did once compare Bree to Seattle when someone asked why it was always raining in Bree. However, I feel compelled to mention that the sun does occasionally come out in the Pacific Northwest. Or at least it gets so bright behind the clouds we have to wear our sunglasses. Cool

Enjoy your immersion!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 19 2016, 10:06pm

Post #11 of 16 (1202 views)
Shortcut
I don't do marathons... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I tried that once with The Neverending Story trilogy when they were on television once, and it was exhausting. That was the first time I waited about nine hours to take a bathroom break (they had commercials, but they were awfully short, so I thought that I would wait it out). Though I do watch them in order (including all of the bonus discs, but not on the same day, since that's also exhausting. I tried that once with the Extended Edition of FotR and only made it through three discs, and was pretty dead on my feet the next day. Now I watch the movie one day, and spread the remaining two or three discs over the next couple of days, or weeks, in some cases). I even watch them on television even though I own them, but since none of the Hobbit movies come on channels that I actually get (not yet, anyway), I'll probably have to watch the movies again one of these days (not sure when, but it won't be this weekend).

And I hear you about Pacific Northwest weather, but since I walk in any weather (what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right), the occasional unexpected downpour doesn't cause me to stay home (I go stir crazy if I stay home, so I would much rather be outside doing something).Smile

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 19 2016, 11:39pm

Post #12 of 16 (1171 views)
Shortcut
I watch in pretty much the same way.... [In reply to] Can't Post

All the films and in order, but spread over how ever many evenings it takes. I've never tried to do it in one sitting.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 21 2016, 4:07pm

Post #13 of 16 (945 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

I did once compare Bree to Seattle when someone asked why it was always raining in Bree. However, I feel compelled to mention that the sun does occasionally come out in the Pacific Northwest. Or at least it gets so bright behind the clouds we have to wear our sunglasses.

But I have BITTER memoriesCool...memories of twice making the trek from Portland to the coast, because I was bound and determined to get a shot of "sparkling ocean water, frothing over the rocks...." and twice, mockingly, the weather shifted - standing forlornly on a stony beach as this wall of grey rolled in...the "marine layer" I was told. Evil

Still, I've often thought our Pacific NW would make a fine place to film ME - we've got mountains and forests and deserts and all that. And in parts of New England. But maintaining security might be a problem, with all the folks wanting to peep at the filmingTongue (guilty). I suspect things are easier to control in NZ, perhaps.Unsure

Kim
Valinor

Mar 22 2016, 2:21am

Post #14 of 16 (891 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes, the marine layer [In reply to] Can't Post

That'll get ya, especially on the coast. I do actually have some sparkly ocean pics, but you've got to time it just right. Maybe third time will be the charm! Wink

As for M-e filming, I did find that a lot of NZ was a lot like WA (if the state was 3 times as big). We do have a lot of gorgeous mountain views (you know, when the marine layer isn't hanging about). Cool

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 23 2016, 5:37pm

Post #15 of 16 (778 views)
Shortcut
The reluctant bridegroom [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, you got me reading that - and it's totally interfering with my writing my current fanfic on Tauriel. This is also the second fanfic I've read where "poor Thorin" is "forced" to choose a bride and father an heir (wishful thinking, anyone?); kind of "Outlander"-ish, if you ask me. All I want to say is RESEARCH! So many things that even I, a relatively uneducated fan, caught - like there's no way a 14-year-old dwarf could be confused for a dwarrowdam of marrying ageCrazy. And what's with this "White Queen" gamesmanship? There's no reason to think that dwarvish women (or the men, for that matter) would take on such "human" behavior. I've so far avoided writing a Thori-centric fanfic such as this because 1. I'd obviously write myself in vicariously as some kind of Mary-Sue; and 2. It wouldn't be appropriate for TORnEvil, but after this I might have to!Sly

Um, yeah, OKAY!!!EvilHeart

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 25 2016, 1:48am

Post #16 of 16 (658 views)
Shortcut
My OCs are hardly Mary Sue's... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I try my best to avoid that. They're not any more perfect than I am. Also, if I'm not sure if a female dwarf will react in the same way that I might (after all, we're different species), I simply leave it out of the story (it's more believable that way). My tumblr may be tagged as adult-orientated (for obvious reasons), but I will not reblog naughty pictures of Thorin (or favor them on deviantART, for that matter, since I'd be too embarrassed), but if I came home to that (I'm of course referring to the first image), I would either feel a little faint (since I don't faint much) or have to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't another dream.Smile

(This post was edited by Queen of Erebor on Mar 25 2016, 1:52am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.