Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you a Middle-earth AND Legend of Zelda fan?
Poll: Are you a Middle-earth AND Legend of Zelda fan?
Oh, yeah! I was wonder who else was too!
No...what is LOZ?
Sorta...
View Results (24 votes)

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 4 2016, 4:14am

Post #1 of 23 (775 views)
Shortcut
Are you a Middle-earth AND Legend of Zelda fan? Can't Post

I know I am!!! "The Legend of Zelda" has literally been a part of my life since I was only a few months old. I stepped into the realm of Middle-earth when I was ten years old and I've loved ever since the first frame of the first film. (PJ's The Fellowship of the Ring) So, are you a LOTR and LOZ fan?

Calithilel
Rivendell

Mar 4 2016, 11:01am

Post #2 of 23 (725 views)
Shortcut
YES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well... I can`t call myself a true Zelda fan, for I have only played one game on my old Nintendo 64 and it is Ocarina of Time. But I still play it, and I love that world as I love Middle-earth :D
I am looking for a new LOZ game, but I only have Nintendo 64 and I think it is only two LOZ games for it (Correct me if Im wrong). But I just love OFT, play it over and over again all the time, and I have in fact starting to grow fond of Water temple xD Laugh

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Mar 4 2016, 11:21am

Post #3 of 23 (721 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely [In reply to] Can't Post

"Legend of Zelda" fan since '98, Lord of the Rings fan since '01 and Tolkien fan since the following year over here. Smile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 4 2016, 11:36am

Post #4 of 23 (729 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a big gamer in general, but the Zelda games have always been favorites of mine. Tolkien technically came first, because I saw the Rankin Bass animated versions as a small child, but I didn't really become a LOTR fan until I read the books as a teen, probably a year or so after the original Zelda game was released.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Mar 4 2016, 8:16pm

Post #5 of 23 (699 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

I am only a Middle-Earth fan. I have never seen Legend of Zelda so I don't know how good it is.

(This post was edited by Smaug the iron on Mar 4 2016, 8:16pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 4 2016, 8:28pm

Post #6 of 23 (699 views)
Shortcut
Naw [In reply to] Can't Post

More Shining Force and Phantasy Star.

And Aerobiz.

And Shadowrun.

(Oh, if I wasn't already halfway through a second go of Fallout 4 I'd dig out the old Sega.)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Mar 4 2016, 10:30pm

Post #7 of 23 (692 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only a lover of ME but also Legend of Zelda, my sister is a Zelda fan especially! We got the Skyward Sword for Christmas and we love it! Legend of Zelda is extremely cool!

Annael
Immortal

Mar 5 2016, 4:16pm

Post #8 of 23 (681 views)
Shortcut
that explains why I've never even heard of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

not a virtual gamer, never will be.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 5 2016, 8:56pm

Post #9 of 23 (668 views)
Shortcut
Me neither, but my kids were. And the thing I remember most [In reply to] Can't Post

was the incredible music. I didn't play the games, but I would hear that music, and I just loved it.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 6 2016, 2:25am

Post #10 of 23 (665 views)
Shortcut
It's a Nintendo game series, for those not familiar. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's epic adventure of the sword-and-sorcery variety, with huge lands to explore, peopled with several different races and various creatures and hazards, and lots of side quests, appealing to the puzzle-solver as well as the fighting gamer. You play the very elven-looking hero, Link, as he tries to rescue the Princess Zelda and save the land of Hyrule from the endless plots of the evil Ganon. It's very suited to the tastes of the Tolkien fan, really. Here's Link as he looks in the latest games (he began as a squarish, very pixelated little hero back in the 8-bit days).

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Mar 6 2016, 2:38am)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 6 2016, 4:00pm

Post #11 of 23 (641 views)
Shortcut
I'm kind of amazed at myself [In reply to] Can't Post

That I never got into Dungeons & Dragons back in the day. I was ripe for it, but no one I knew played it.

Now I'm just too busy!

My niece does rope me into "Settlers of Catan" from time to time. That's about as close as I come. I don't adore it like she does though. Maybe being a writer, I prefer to build my own imaginary worlds?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 8 2016, 8:27pm

Post #12 of 23 (618 views)
Shortcut
Sorta [In reply to] Can't Post

I played the very first, 16-bit graphic game (yeah, that's how old I am), and to this day that's the only one I'm interested in. My daughters, however, loved Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, and a few others. My youngest has the Zelda Legendarium, and the older girl has a t-shirt that says "Don't make me go Zelda on you!" That game is the only reason we upgrade the Nintendo players.Tongue I don't even know how to play the new games, honestly. I guess I'm too busy watching the Hobbit movies over and over and over again - drives them CRAZY, heheEvil

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Mar 8 2016, 8:32pm

Post #13 of 23 (615 views)
Shortcut
What's Legend of Zelda? [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 8 2016, 9:16pm

Post #14 of 23 (615 views)
Shortcut
Zelda [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
What's Legend of Zelda

You know the Nintendo character Link? The Legend of Zelda was the original game that featured him.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Mar 8 2016, 9:19pm

Post #15 of 23 (610 views)
Shortcut
So that's where he's from. [In reply to] Can't Post

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 10:50pm

Post #16 of 23 (605 views)
Shortcut
Interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Mom doesn't play the games either (she's not much of a video game person in general) but I hear her whistling the music sometimes. She's really the only one in our home who doesn't play it. Laugh

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 10:51pm

Post #17 of 23 (605 views)
Shortcut
Link!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Big brother!!! Seriously, he's like the big brother i never had but have almost always wanted. Wink

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 10:54pm

Post #18 of 23 (603 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's pretty cool. I'm actually trying to play the first ever game, but i'm more interested in the newer ones. (A few weeks ago i finished Skyward sword for the fifth time Laugh ). I've played all the Zelda games for the GameCube and Wii console. (I have played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask though too they were N64 games)
Sorry, I could go on about Link and The Legend of Zelda forever so I should just stop here. Sly

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 10:56pm

Post #19 of 23 (602 views)
Shortcut
DITTO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously...I KID YOU NOT. When I first saw Legolas my first thought was "Hey! He looks like Link!!!!" ShockedLaughSly

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 10:58pm

Post #20 of 23 (600 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hyrule is amazing...Link is amazing...nuff said. Wink

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 11:01pm

Post #21 of 23 (599 views)
Shortcut
Oooooh...the water temple... [In reply to] Can't Post

UGH. The water temple...I can't say enough about that place. But anyway! If you ever get the chance to get another console and play some of the other games, I'd say go for it. If you like Ocarina that much I can guarantee you you'll like the other games as well! Wink

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Mar 8 2016, 11:02pm

Post #22 of 23 (599 views)
Shortcut
EPIC [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep it up fellow Hyrulian and Middle-earthian!! Even more journeys await! Wink

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 9 2016, 2:10am

Post #23 of 23 (589 views)
Shortcut
I had dinner with the oldest daughter [In reply to] Can't Post

and I told her about this thread. Then I asked, "What was the one with the ship?" Windwaker - I knew she'd know the one! I guess as long as they can keep writing good stories & change the cool devices, they can keep Zelda going forever.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.