Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
No More Tolkien films because of failure of Hobbit?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

malickfan
Gondor

Feb 26 2016, 9:46pm

Post #51 of 55 (571 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

... thinking more on it, Tauriel didn't seem to have alot of worldly experience in DOS, so I'm not sure if I could picture her fighting outside Mirkwood prior to the films, and after the events of TBOTFA it's a little hard to imagine her hanging around with Thranduil and co much longer...

Both of your ideas (they could even expand on Aragorn's 'where the stars are strange' quote and show some of his journeys in Khand and Harad) would probably be good candidates for expansion into feature films-the source material though sparse does contain a lot of dramatic weight and importance for middle earth, it would combine old favorite characters with new vistas and events.

I'd be intrigued by film's exploring Balin's expedition to Moria, Sam's laster years in the post war shire, or some of the wars of Gondor and Rohan...

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 26 2016, 9:59pm

Post #52 of 55 (573 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

The first Captain America movie spun off an Agent Peggy Carter TV series, so why not a Tauriel: Warrior She-Elf series?

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Bofur01
Lorien

Feb 26 2016, 10:41pm

Post #53 of 55 (560 views)
Shortcut
Balin's trip to Moria, the War in the North, and, of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Rise of the Witch-King in Angmar, Arnor's destruction, and the eventual victory by Earnur and Elrond. I'd love that :p

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 27 2016, 1:42am

Post #54 of 55 (545 views)
Shortcut
But, would any studio greenlight those? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'd be intrigued by film's exploring Balin's expedition to Moria, Sam's laster years in the post war shire, or some of the wars of Gondor and Rohan...

Interesting thoughts, but I don't see either Balin's expedition to Moria (too Dwarf-centric?) or a post-LotR movie about Sam as anything a studio would see as commercially viable. An Aragorn movie would touch on troubles in Rohan and Gondor during the time of King Thengel and the Steward Ecthelion II.

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Feb 27 2016, 1:43am)

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2016, 2:37pm

Post #55 of 55 (492 views)
Shortcut
Tom Bombadil's Holiday Special [In reply to] Can't Post

with guest stars -
  • The Three Hobbits singing songs of Shirefolk
  • Bifur's Crew target-throwing battleaxes and burping the Dwarf alphabet
  • a cooking with honey segment featuring Beorn
  • Guest stars from Antiques Roadshow from the Barrows - the ultimate re-gifting experience
  • and a bit with a dog

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

(This post was edited by Dame Ioreth on Mar 1 2016, 2:45pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.