Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Are there any fanmade depictions (animations, etc.) of events or moments not seen in the films?

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Feb 20 2016, 10:57am

Post #1 of 6 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Are there any fanmade depictions (animations, etc.) of events or moments not seen in the films? Can't Post

For example, Balin's attempt to retake Moria and the battle it led to, Glorfindel versus the Balrog or anything else Silmarillion, the Battle of Azanulbizar the way it was written by Tolkien, or anything of that ilk.
Any adaptations of moments from The Hobbit (aside from the PJ films and the animated cartoon from the 70s) would be welcome, too. I've been trying to find artwork or animated little movies or videos of several of these things, but I have never been able to find them, so any aid would be much appreciated.

(This post was edited by Gandalf the Green on Feb 20 2016, 11:05am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 20 2016, 12:43pm

Post #2 of 6 (1491 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit 1966 animated short [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you seen the 1966 animated short "The Hobbit" directed by Gene Deitch?

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnVL1Y2src

Then there are the pair of fan-films: The Hunt for Gollum and Born of Hope.

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Feb 20 2016, 3:38pm

Post #3 of 6 (1484 views)
Shortcut
I am familiar with these [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen a little bit of that before. Now that's deviating from the source material...

I've also seen Born of Hope, I think, and maybe a chunk of The Hunt for Gollum. I recall liking those, so I'll probably check them out again later. Are there any other fanmade animated films (or anything else) of the other events I mentioned? I'd like to see someone's depiction of the Battle of Azanulbizar (with Dain, Nain and Azog's death), some Silmarillion things, and Balin attempting to take back Moria.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 20 2016, 8:49pm

Post #4 of 6 (1466 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit web-series [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember a post a while back about a web-series adapting The Hobbit. Beyond that, I can only come up with the full-cast audio dramas, the graphic novel and the heavily-illustrated condensed, 1960s serialization from the UK magazine Princess (which as far as I can tell has never been collected).

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 23 2016, 12:51am

Post #5 of 6 (1413 views)
Shortcut
plenty of artwork [In reply to] Can't Post

Although quality/taste is gonna vary.....Deviantart.com. Just search for topic of interest. I know there's a lot from the Sil...also Pinterest.....

http://www.deviantart.com/...ient-Enemy-351297998

http://www.deviantart.com/...argothrond-105942969

dreamflower
Lorien

Feb 23 2016, 6:04pm

Post #6 of 6 (1396 views)
Shortcut
Not precisely a missing book or movie moment [In reply to] Can't Post

But this animated short about Elladan and Elrohir is quite lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G6ixwyTUdk

Some people call it fanfiction. I call it story-internal literary criticism.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.