The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Favourite parts of each LOTR movie

Gianna
Rohan

Feb 20 2016, 4:05am

Post #1 of 12 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Favourite parts of each LOTR movie Can't Post

Now that we've covered our negative impressions of the LOTR trilogy (http://newboards.theonering.net/...orum_view_collapsed;), how about our favourite parts from each movie?

Mine...
FOTR: that scene with Aragorn and Boromir and the Shards of Narsil, and the forming of the Fellowship. And Boromir's death was fantastic.

TTT: the ride of Theoden from the gates of Helm's Deep. Oh, and the scene with Gollum at the Forbidden Pool... where he's singing... Laugh

ROTK: the incredible moment when the Ring actually melts, Aragorn's speech before the Black Gate... Also, this isn't exactly a favourite of mine, but the Battle of the Pelennor is so moving when you think about how many people are dying, and is it worth it? Obviously Sauron must be defeated, but so many people die. A lot of people seem to think ROTK is the weakest of the three, but I think it's the most powerful, despite its flaws.

~There's some good left in this world. And it's worth fighting for.~
------
My website
My LOTR-inspired fantasy novel is on Amazon

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Feb 20 2016, 7:00am

Post #2 of 12 (1349 views)
Shortcut
"A lot of people seem to think ROTK is the weakest of the three, but I think it's the most powerful, despite its flaws." [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel exactly the same, and, keeping in mind they are all flawed in their own infinitesimal ways, I have never shared many of the perceived flaws (the 'endings,' the "Go home" scene, removal of the Scouring of the Shire, the sheer size and time spent in battle - which is among the most astounding and heartbreaking in all of war-related cinema) that many knock RotK for, so its raw emotional power has always been that much more apparent to me.

For my favorite scenes of each:

FOTR: The death of Boromir leading into Frodo recalling Gandalf's advice and deciding to finish the journey alone

TTT: Elrond illustrating to Arwen the reality of Aragorn's tragic mortality... and the tragically long life she would have to live afterwards

ROTK: The entire final half hour (everything, uncut, from Aragorn's rallying speech to the Men of the West to "The End")

"And you can trust me. Because I don't care enough about you to lie."
- Parks and Recreation

Omnigeek
Lorien

Feb 20 2016, 8:12am

Post #3 of 12 (1343 views)
Shortcut
My favorite moments in each film [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR: Bilbo's birthday party

TTT: Either Merry and Pippin's encounter with Treebeard or Gollum's fishing and singing at the Forbidden Pool

ROTK: "My friends, you bow to no one." or the final farewell.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 20 2016, 10:11am

Post #4 of 12 (1340 views)
Shortcut
So many great scenes to choose from! [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR: The Prologue, The Shadow of the Past, Flight to the Ford, The Argonath, The Departure of Boromir

TTT: The Foundations of Stone, "Where Is the Horse and the Rider?", The Last March of the Ents

ROTK: "The Deep Breath Before the Plunge", The Lighting of the Beacons, The Ride of the Rohirrim

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Feb 20 2016, 7:05pm

Post #5 of 12 (1315 views)
Shortcut
My favorites [In reply to] Can't Post

Every movie of the trilogy have beautiful scenes. Heck, all of the movies are without flaws except for very minor ones.

FOTR- The ending with Frodo leaving and Sam going after him.

TTT- Sam bringing Frodo back with his speech and a rift beginning to form between the two throughout the film.

ROTK- "You bow to no one." I cry every time.

TaliaEmerald
Bree

Feb 21 2016, 10:11pm

Post #6 of 12 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree with you! it's so hard to choose! And yes...the films are pretty much perfect...HeartHeart

Elven Lady of the Greenwood Realm

http://429205116927399394.weebly.com/

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Feb 22 2016, 11:25am

Post #7 of 12 (1253 views)
Shortcut
Too many to mention!! [In reply to] Can't Post

These films have about 50 awesome moments in each! God I hope 1 day to get "Ultimate Editions"

Cool

Gianna
Rohan

Feb 23 2016, 3:20am

Post #8 of 12 (1228 views)
Shortcut
I'm banking on Ultimate Editions someday too! // [In reply to] Can't Post

------
My website

QuiteALittleFellow

Feb 23 2016, 6:32am

Post #9 of 12 (1222 views)
Shortcut
Top 10 [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'll do a Top 10 for each film.

FOTR: 1. Prolouge. 2. All the Shire scenes. 3. Aragorn's introduction. 4. The montage of Rivendell. 5. The council of Elrond. 6. All of Moria as there's so many good scenes there - Gandalf and Frodo's talk about time, The fight in Balin's Tomb, The Balrog. 7. The Gift giving. 8. Amon Hen fight. 9. Boromir's Final Stand. 10. The last few minutes from when Frodo stands on the shore through the credits.

TTT: 1. Opening scene. 2. Basically any scene with Gollum in it, starting with his intro. 3. Gandalf's Return. 4. Ent-Draught. 5. "Where is the horse and the rider?". 6. The Battle for Helm's Deep. 7. Last March of the Ents/Attack on Isengard. 8. Theoden's "Final Ride" and Gandalf's return. 9. Sam's speech. 10. Sam and Frodo's thoughts on stories.

ROTK: (Oh boy, this one is hard). 1. The Voice of Saruman. 2. Gandalf and Pippin arrive at Minas Tirith. 3. Minas Morgul. 4. Battle of Pellenor Fields (I know this is like half the film, but it's all good - special mentions: Theoden's Death, Eowyn vs Witch King, Gandalf's talk with Pippin, Gandalf vs Witch King). 5. Shelob's Lair. 6. Sam/Frod on the slopes of Mt. Doom. 7. Sam/Frodo after Mt. Doom explodes. 8. Frodo waking up in Minas Tirith. 9. Aragorn's Coronation. 10. The Grey Havens.

There are so many I left out, I may have cheated a bit with generalizing certain things, but it's so hard to pick out even 10 sometimes. Anyway, that's mine!

"You're only quite a little fellow, in a wide world after all."

Gianna
Rohan

Feb 23 2016, 12:43pm

Post #10 of 12 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Sam's speech is the best part of the entire movies pretty much. [In reply to] Can't Post

Possibly the best quote from any film I've seen, and I'm not exaggerating.

------
My website

StingingFly
Lorien

Feb 25 2016, 5:51pm

Post #11 of 12 (1165 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR: Gandalf entering Hobbiton is my all time greatest movie experience. Seeing a world that had existed only in my imagination brought to life was pure magic.
TTT: Gandalf's charge into the Deep! Truly inspiring.
ROTK: The charge of the Rohirrim, before it was made obsolete by the arrival of the 'scrubbing bubbles'. In particular Theoden's defiant pre-battle speech. Also, yes, it is the weakest of the films for me as well.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Mar 27 2016, 3:57pm

Post #12 of 12 (643 views)
Shortcut
My favorite parts [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR: Boromir's last stand and last speech.

TTT: Gandalf heals Theoden.

ROTK: Sam rescues Frodo.

I always follow my job through.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.