The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Thranduil's Very Secret Diary Part One
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 13 2016, 8:32pm

Post #151 of 190 (10942 views)
Shortcut
*Gasp* The sheer magnificence - *bows and bows again* to Elarie and Nieriel... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesterday had been TRYINGFrown. A day moving furniture and STUFFFrown. Of course, I consoled myselfCool with images of:

(After all, no TRUE Fang-gir-iell would WHINE when the her *beloved* fiesty hairballs had slapped up a wall overnight....)

And then it was done. I settled back in my comfy lounge chair and contemplated my au naturel *dwarf* legs in satisfaction, tucked into the *creative* Hobbit feet slippers (still warm from the oven, and so convenient if I need a quick snack!Cool)

That gentle click of a disk, and:

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Well, it took quite a while to get through AUJ...TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

So today, bleery-eyed, desperately swilling triple caffeine (gotta be ready to re-view DOS of course, after all, it IS Valentine's Day weekend...TongueHeart) I had little expectation of anything save a plumbing problem and/or Thorin Oakenshield delivering the supreme pizza (with extra mushrooms) of much garnering my interest. Besides, I had to bake some more Hobbit feet slippers and check on that hair growth - wouldn't want to be confused with an elf, hur, hur (by summer I should be all set!Cool)

OMG. OMGHeartHeartHeart. I salute the both Elarie and Nieriel - I laughed. I clapped. I scared the cat. I actually woke up. OMG.

Sometimes it has been said that sequels sufferShocked, than a *finale* can be *anticlimatic* but I have no words for the sheer ARTISTRY and IMAGINATION. It's beyond "mere mithril" in words, it's platinum-plated mithril with little 18K charms set with grade E three carat flawless diamonds.

I cannot thank you both enoughSmile. I won't even feel *guilty* about the complete lack of subltety in my hints LOL. A classic THREAD, a classic WORK, an amazing COLLABORATION that just shows elves and dwarves CAN be as ONE (along with assorted livestock, creatures from the netherworld, *hair freaks*, a hobbit, wizards, and that frazzled barefoot guy who has started adding a 'wee something from a flask to his frequent cups of tea).

Thank you both for the second best Valentine's Day present I ever gotWink (the first would be Thorin Oakenshield, but there's no helping some folks...Crazy).

PS. BTW, in spite of it all, Kili DID send Tauriel a Valentine's Day present:

Epilogue:

CoolEvilAngelic

(This post was edited by Avandel on Feb 13 2016, 8:37pm)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Feb 13 2016, 9:35pm

Post #152 of 190 (10926 views)
Shortcut
You are most welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Always nice to catch up with Thorin, Thranduil and the rest of the gang. One never knows what they will be getting up to next.

And it's 14 deg F here and going down, so really, what else is there to do except wrap up in fuzzy blankets, grab a cat or two, and escape to Middle-Earth?

After all, the important thing is to keep warm...

WinkHeartHeartHeart

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 13 2016, 10:01pm

Post #153 of 190 (10923 views)
Shortcut
Awwww thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you liked it - yeah, the truth about Lego's mum, eh? Shocking. I had been wanting to add that piece of gossip for a while Wink

The love story between Kevin and Elros is a thing of beauty .. LOL!

I'd love to read about Galadriel and Dis dress shopping in Gondor! SmileHeart I am imagining Dis trying to get Galadriel to branch out 'colorwise' ..

Well Thranduil is so smitten so I think it's only right that he begins his search WinkTongueSmile

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 14 2016, 3:01am

Post #154 of 190 (10906 views)
Shortcut
It was mind-blowing [In reply to] Can't Post

The details - and just SO funny. OMG.LaughLaughLaugh

What's scary is this feels as real to me as anything else LOL - they need to film the Partei Barge and the whole crew.

Re:

And it's 14 deg F here and going down, so really, what else is there to do except wrap up in fuzzy blankets, grab a cat or two, and escape to Middle-Earth?

After all, the important thing is to keep warm...

Oh, yes. Me too. OMG. So I definitely need something WARMING. I was trying to do something for V-day, but throwing in the towel to feed kitties and watch DOS. Although I DID do a lot of *gratuitous hair worship*.TongueLaughCool

Never enough Thorin in profile....

Badass action hair...

His eyes match the sky. His teeth are *pearls*. I can't stand it....TongueLaugh

Best Valentine's Day present (well, OK, every day really.....Cool)

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 14 2016, 3:08am

Post #155 of 190 (10905 views)
Shortcut
I love gossip.... [In reply to] Can't Post

And NOW we know some of what is on that as yet unseen footage.....Laugh

OMG, all of it was GENIUSHeart. Can't thank you guys enough for sharing your talentSmileSmileSmile. Of course, now I have to fire up the BR player, and replay that T & T scene about 11 times or soCrazy. Just in case I don't get every millisecond of the nuances etched into my brain.

How does your journey end?

Well, apparently with a flaming fruit drink in hand, decorated with a tiny dwarf axe and a paper umbrella.CoolLaugh

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 14 2016, 4:57am

Post #156 of 190 (10901 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of mindblowing :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a little perfection for your day Heart

http://lindamarieanson.deviantart.com/...f-Mirkwood-519312656

(This post was edited by Nieriel on Feb 14 2016, 5:01am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Feb 14 2016, 3:38pm

Post #157 of 190 (10875 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

What's scary is this feels as real to me as anything else LOL - they need to film the Partei Barge and the whole crew.

I know what you mean, I'm starting to see it all in my head the same way I remember the movies. But I was thinking the other day that for anyone who hasn't watched the movies, all the appendices, read the books, followed the TORN posts and read the Oakentoon Thorin/Minty toons, it probably sounds like complete lunacy.

Oh well, here's to a little lunacy SmileSmileSmile

(This post was edited by Elarie on Feb 14 2016, 3:46pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 14 2016, 6:08pm

Post #158 of 190 (10869 views)
Shortcut
But it feels so RIGHT, somehow [In reply to] Can't Post

Happily re-reading last nightLaugh (I don't know why but Thorin referring to the Golden Wood as "stupid leaves and flowers cracks me up LOLLaugh - never mind the exploding pinata and the picture of Galadriel and Gandalf side by side, dabbling their toes in the water and shooting off fireworks - and then Lindir being the hero of the hour and that "little game" Thorin and Bilbo play ROFLMAO *wipes eyes*Laugh) - ANYWAY it's all so exquisitely perfect!HeartHeartHeart

And BTW, your talent is FORMIDABLEShockedShockedShocked. Like Thorin himself...Cool

and I promise (with fingers crossed behind my backEvil) that I won't whine about Thorin's possible adventures in the Golden HallTongueTongue...which seems already overwhelming with POSSIBILITIES. Will Thorin have to make a *desperate, nail-biting stand*, his back against the wall, against *greedy* Rohaners who COVET his hair for their helmets OMG (say it isn't so!Shocked). Will Thorin *bond* with Theoden because he can perfectly empathsize with possessing badassery, charisma, a big sword, insanityCool, and the ability to give a *killer* speech? Will the two stand as one, because both are real tired of folks telling them what to do (and who is the king, anyway??!!)

Will Thorin's heart be shattered, when Minty gets an *eyeful* of ShadowfaxFrown, or will Minty's heart remain with the evening? Will Eowyn gaze into the cornflower blue eyes of Fili, and forever derail canon?Shocked

Inquiring minds want to know!

Of course you and Nieriel DESERVE a great rest in Rivendell

- I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day, with much chocolate and wine and all good things!

Smile

(This post was edited by Avandel on Feb 14 2016, 6:09pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 14 2016, 6:16pm

Post #159 of 190 (10863 views)
Shortcut
THAT is gorgeous! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG - that white on white.....

And of course, there was never enough of Thranduil in the films...Frown
But there should have been.

Because he's the perfectiest elf evah...LaughCoolEvilLaugh

Elarie
Grey Havens

Feb 14 2016, 8:01pm

Post #160 of 190 (10858 views)
Shortcut
Poor Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wait till he gets to the Golden Hall and finds out that the gold roof is just 'stupid thatched straw'. It'll be the Golden Wood all over again, LOL. Tongue

Oh well, lots of fresh bedding for Minty's stall. Wink

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 14 2016, 11:26pm

Post #161 of 190 (10849 views)
Shortcut
Be aware [In reply to] Can't Post

The Elves may trail Thorin and Co to Edoras on their quest to find Princess Adidas, as Thranduil is wondering if she came with the Horse Lord he saw at the barbecue - if she's not there he may continue then to Gondor to find her or maybe Lego and a spot of shopping .. ShockedCrazyAngelic Either way; Road Trip!

sorry about that Tongue

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 14 2016, 11:28pm

Post #162 of 190 (10846 views)
Shortcut
Yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And of course, there was never enough of Thranduil in the films...Frown
But there should have been.

Because he's the perfectiest elf evah...LaughCoolEvilLaugh

Most definitely!

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 15 2016, 1:28am

Post #163 of 190 (10842 views)
Shortcut
Possibly not tho.... [In reply to] Can't Post

With that Partei-Girl fondness for *flaming fruit drinks*...

Oh, well, I'm sure Theoden won't mind redecorating. From the ground up...Evil

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 15 2016, 1:34am

Post #164 of 190 (10839 views)
Shortcut

Thranduil's elk. Minty. The *finest steeds* in the realm of Middle Earth. And on top of all that, the Quest for the Princess Adidas and a dwarven King not known for his patience (well, at least when he hasn't had too many fruit drinks...).

It's the calm before the storm.ShockedShockedShocked

Cool

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 15 2016, 7:52am

Post #165 of 190 (10826 views)
Shortcut
Galion's Jottings - Home at last [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh Adidas, sweet Adidas
Did you run to Edoras?
Your magic brush so soft and fat
It made my heart go pitter pat
If I could feel it just once more
I'd sweep the halls of Erebor**

Are you mortal? Are you Elf?
I need to find out for myself
Queenship yours, for you to keep
I dream about you in my sleep
Oh Adidas with ladder fair
Where to find you? Where, oh where!

And this is the work of HRF in love. Bloomin' work of art, innit? Brings a lump to yer throat. As HRF said himself, not a lot rhymes wiv Adidas, not wot you can recite out loud in public at any rate.

Anyway, the upshot is, HRF is all for hunting Adidas down and bringing her home to be his Queen. I don't fink it matters if she wants that or not, he's got his heart set on it, and as he says "Why wouldn't she want to be my Queen?" He's got a point really, ain't he? So blow me down if we ain't all off to Edoras because HRF has got it into his head that she might be from there cos he vaguely remembers some Horse Lord at the barbecue, because he knows for a fact she ain't from Lothlórien or Rivendell (cos he's already asked Lord Elrond and the Lady Galadriel all about her) and she ain't no dwarf neither cos she ain't got a beard.

Between you and me, right, I'm not entirely sure that HRF isn't still sufferin' the after effects of dem Balrog Bits because prior to Adidas, right, he wouldn't look twice at a mortal woman and there's been some bootiful mortal women wot have crawled out of the woodwork over the years (well, got lost after trying to send HRF a 'love letter' and found by the Guards covered in blackberry juice on the front doorstep cryin' about 'ow many acrylic nails they've broke is a more accurate, 'praps.) Real stunners some of 'em, but no it was Elf or nuffink for HRF, and lets face it, lately it's been nuffink, apart from that little fling wot he had wiv the Lady G, after Filauria flounced off to bloomin' Gondor, and that was a good while ago. So yeah, I'm a bit flummoxed to tell yer da troof about wot this Adidas has got that's got HRF in such a tizz. He's proper bewitched. As I said to Elros, who turned up 'ere unexpected last night beggin' HRF reconsider his betrothal to Kevin citing 'cruel and unusual treatment' as the cause - sumfink to do wiv Kevin not liking all the salads wot Elros made him or sumfink. Anyhow, HRF said he'd fink about it. It ain't natural. Lord Elrond tried to talk sense into HRF sayin' that marriage to a mortal ain't all it's cracked up to be, but no, HRF weren't havin' a word of it. So yeah, we're off to bloomin' Horse Boy Country. Fan-bloomin'-tastic.

I ain't looking forward to going at all cos I'm 'lergic to 'orses, and HRF knows this and of course he ain't bovvered, is he? All he cares about is writin' more poems about Adidas and her bloomin' brush. He's even 'ad a bit of a poke round in his jewellery collection and has picked out a nice ring for 'er which is more than he ever did for Filauria, which, if you asks me, wos one of the reasons she cleared off wiv Nigel. The bloomin' rows HRF and Filauria would have. You could hear the screams all over the Realm and that wos just 'im! Rows over the Big Mirror in the mornin', rows over the Hair Straightenin' Imp, rows over who got to wear the nicest jewellery, rows over who got to sit on the throne longest. He'd be yellin' "I am the KING, you will obey MY wishes, you insolent creature!" And she'd be yellin' "I don't give a fiddler's flip for your wishes, I'm the QUEEN! So you can shut yer cake 'ole!" She was a bit common wos Filauria, very bootiful but she could curse like a sailor. She is from Bree, so wot can you expect? Trouble is, in many ways, they was too much alike, troof be told. Don't ask me how they ever managed stopped fightin' long enough to 'ave Legolas. Then one morning we discovered she'd upped and gone takin' wiv her a white gold ring wiv a diamond in it the size of a pigeon's egg. HRF, as you can imagine was devastated. Heartbroken he wos. He loved that ring.

So since we've got back home from Mirrormere, I've been 'up to pussy's pink bow' (as Mr Gandalf sez) wiv packing everyfink HRF wants to take. Twenty seven outfits he's decided on so far, all wiv matchin' boots. I keeps tellin 'im that he don't need 'em all, and what a pain it's going to be for ME to keep 'em all nice for 'im when he's messin' about wiv all dem Horse Lords, more Foreign Food and goodness knows wot else, and he just sez "Beauty IS pain, Galion" and starts on anuvver poem. Sometimes my job, it'd break yer heart and no mistake.

**Not meant literally you understand my love, but I could not find another word to rhyme, and if you'd ever been to Erebor you would understand and if you cared for me you wouldn't want me to get my hands dirty, would you? I mean I am simply not designed for manual labour of any kind; not one bead of sweat has broken on my brow in over 6000 years.

(This post was edited by Nieriel on Feb 15 2016, 8:00am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 15 2016, 7:23pm

Post #166 of 190 (10805 views)
Shortcut
OMG!!! *Happiness* as I recover from a *chocolate haze* [In reply to] Can't Post

And maybe it's time for a spot of *silky vanilla*...

I assume that our Forest Lord will be bringing along at least ONE outfit such as this, perhaps in diamond-dew'd cream beige - although it WOULD behoove (no pun intended) Galion to warn his King that perhaps, visiting a culture with many, many horses is a culture where the ground can have many *squishy* pitfalls for the unwary, and that in this instance Thranduil might wish to lower his standards and ask Bard to borrow some Laketown gearEvil.

Still, one must suffer to be beautiful...Angelic

OMG. ROFLMAO. Galion, and all of this is GENIUS *snigger*.LaughLaughLaugh

As I said to Elros, who turned up 'ere unexpected last night beggin' HRF reconsider his betrothal to Kevin citing 'cruel and unusual treatment' as the cause - sumfink to do wiv Kevin not liking all the salads wot Elros made him or sumfink. Anyhow, HRF said he'd fink about it. It ain't natural. Lord Elrond tried to talk sense into HRF sayin' that marriage to a mortal ain't all it's cracked up to be, but no, HRF weren't havin' a word of it. So yeah, we're off to bloomin' Horse Boy Country. Fan-bloomin'-tastic.

OMG. *Does the Fang-gir-iell double hand wave + SQUEEEE!!!* OMG. You know, I can't stand the suspense *mindlessly gobbles another Valentine M&M*.Laugh

OMG. As I mentioned to Elarie, all of this is getting realer than real. I WORRY about Elros and whether Thorin will have too many cocktails and the Partei-Barge will end up in Harad by accidentShocked. How did Legolas get tied to the rail? And now, a QUEST for PINKNESS and why can't I have my own personal GalionCool?

Oh Adidas, sweet Adidas
Did you run to Edoras?
Your magic brush so soft and fat
It made my heart go pitter pat
If I could feel it just once more
I'd sweep the halls of Erebor**

Are you mortal? Are you Elf?
I need to find out for myself
Queenship yours, for you to keep
I dream about you in my sleep
Oh Adidas with ladder fair
Where to find you? Where, oh where!

Ah, my heart SOARS at the poignant LONGING of these verses. You can talk to me about Shakespeare, but this heartfelt sweetness should be emblazon'd on the skies.

*Gobbles another M&M*TongueTongueTongue SQUEEE!!!!!!CoolLaugh
Antici...............PATION....TongueCoolAngelic

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 16 2016, 3:50am

Post #167 of 190 (10782 views)
Shortcut
Avvie, the trouble with Thranduil is [In reply to] Can't Post

it WOULD behoove (no pun intended) Galion to warn his King that perhaps, visiting a culture with many, many horses is a culture where the ground can have many *squishy* pitfalls for the unwary, and that in this instance Thranduil might wish to lower his standards

you can't talk any sense into him Heart you know that, I know that, Galion knows that Wink

Thranduil's reason why he won't lower his standards.

Thranduil's face when you tell him he *might* need to make adjustments to his wardrobe to visit Horse Lords.

Thranduil's face when Galion tells him that some of the Horse Lords might be blonder than he is.

Them Elves, nothing but trouble! HeartTongueAngelicWinkHeart

Elarie
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2016, 7:15pm

Post #168 of 190 (10735 views)
Shortcut
Galion just made my day [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Thanks Nieriel! A very blah day just got 100% better thanks to Galion's hilarious observation's on Life With The Boss. And what a boss, LOL! Perhaps with a little sugar-loaded, high calorie encouragement Kevin can help track down the Princess Adidas; after all, stalking prey is what monsters DO, right? I'll bet Elros could talk him into it, if Elros was properly motivated by HRF. Evil

Such great stuff, love it!
LaughLaughLaugh

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 17 2016, 4:07am

Post #169 of 190 (10705 views)
Shortcut
What a boss indeed .. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes I envy Galion, sometimes I wouldn't do his job for all the gold in Erebor Wink I'm glad Galion made your day brighter!
The idea of Kevin on a sugar fueled rampage across Rohan .. Interesting, scary, but interesting! HeartEvilWink

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 17 2016, 5:46pm

Post #170 of 190 (10681 views)
Shortcut
LOL - these are FABULOUS [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolBut of course they would be....LaughLaughLaugh

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 17 2016, 8:02pm

Post #171 of 190 (10673 views)
Shortcut
omg! LMAO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes!! That's it! Of course! Legolas must aid in the Quest for Adidas!

You're a genius, Avandel! SmileHeartHeart It's perfect! Heart

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 17 2016, 9:38pm

Post #172 of 190 (10664 views)
Shortcut
Voice in the head [In reply to] Can't Post

Find her. Make Ada proud.

I can 'hear' him saying it! HeartTongueAngelic

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 18 2016, 1:55am

Post #173 of 190 (10645 views)
Shortcut

What's fascinating with you and Elarie is that I CAN hear the characters' voices and even see their expressions - it's hysterical, like having a movie running in my head. I can't thank you guys enough *snigger*.Laugh

And who would have thought that the only SANE person in Middle Earth is Legolas? And will he continue to be the *dutiful son* or will he finally give in, and embrace his inner dwarf? Inquiring minds want to know!

CoolCoolCool

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 18 2016, 2:55am

Post #174 of 190 (10643 views)
Shortcut
Legolas Breaks Free [In reply to] Can't Post

Woke up tied to the ship's rail with Elven rope. I was also gagged. This can only be the work of my father. It appears someone has also removed the Bra of Wonder. I managed to spit out my gag and have tried chewing my way through the rope with my beautiful pearly teeth, but it is obviously bewitched by some magic of my father's making for not warning him about the Durins and all that Mithril. I assume I am banished. Dark days. Dark days indeed.

Was finally untied by Lindir, perhaps he had pity in him, and put to work in the stall of 'Minty' the pony. Is there no end to my degradation? I managed to get one bite of an apple before the savage beast snatched it away from me. I fear the pony is far more corrupted than I had at first imagined.

Quite alone, I flung myself on deck in a fit of tears. The others were conducting one of their hideous parties after the daily revealing of the mutant Kili's tattoo. Must have cried myself to sleep as I was awoken in the dead of night by the call of a pallid moon. I could feel the song of the land close by, it's lush greenness whispered to me. Alas, and with all hope of reconciliation with my kin now lost I flung myself over the side into the cool, deep waters caring for naught - not even my hair.

Using all of my remaining strength I swam towards land and crawled onto the rocky foreshore, weak and spent. I again must have collapsed into a sleep beyond sleeping for I was again awoken by the sound of snuffling and if my ears do not deceive me, weeping. My Elvish eyes perceived the creature Kevin lurking in the undergrowth. He is absolutely enormous, has many tentacles and appears to be wearing the Bra of Wonder on a jaunty angle as an eye patch; this comes as some relief for I feared my father had taken it as some terrible trinket. Doubtless the creature has been following the boat waiting to pick us all off in our sleep one by one! Perhaps if I remain very still Kevin may not approach. @*@**! He approaches!

Kevin it seems is not the creature of dread and nameless fear I had first imagined, and once I had stopped screaming he appeared to be very cultivated but deeply upset. He had decided to follow the boat as it was a source of mild joy to him to hear the laughter from the Par-tei Boat as all else to him was lost. I promised to hear his tale of woe if he did not eat me, a proposal he accepted with good grace. Kevin it appears was betrothed, at my father's behest, to a member of our Royal household called Elros - I now realise he was the interloper who took my place in the Kissing Booth, utinu en lokirim! Kevin it appears was happy with this betrothal arrangement because he has spent many long years on his own (he admits that the 'alone' thing was probably his fault) and his experiences with On Crow Dating had been, by and large, a disaster, despite what I'd call a very well written dating profile which Kevin was very keen to show me.

Name: Kevin
Species/Race: Dark and Nameless Thing
Body shape: Lots to love
Heads: One
Eyes: One Good One
Arms/Tentacles: 12
Legs: Depends
Personality: I'm a bubbly intellectual romantic
Hobbies: Counting my tentacles and sitting in puddles. I also have a very impressive collection of heart shaped pebbles.
Favorite Food: Not fussy
Ideal Date: Sitting in a puddle and with my Love holding my tentacle and counting my pebbles.

After I complimenting Kevin warmly on his profile, he continued his tale. Sadly it appears that Elros is as faithless as my father with those he purports to love and has returned home to Mirkers alone for reasons Kevin is understandably at a loss to comprehend (I believe he said it was something to do with salad that caused the rift) and until now Kevin was in 'the depths of the deepest melancholia and excessive despair', as Elros has not written to him or bought him anything 'nice' as he'd promised to. Now, however Kevin feels that all hope is now not lost as he has found me and calls our meeting 'serendipitous in the extreme'. He says I remind him greatly of Elros, and that an Elf was the last thing he expected to fall off a dwarf boat, and wasn't luck a wonderful thing! He has even offered, much to my delight, to braid my hair in Elvish fashion so that my disguise as a dwarf can upset me no more. He asked me if I knew anything about the 'Sindarin Smackaroo' but I had to admit that my study of marsupials was sorely incomplete, to which Kevin responded with promises to assist my study, as well as offering to show me his pebbles once we were, as he put it, 'back at my place.'

Kevin is such a sporting type and feigned to indulge in some wrestling with me after we sat for a while in a damp cave looking at his travelling pebble collection, quite distinct, Kevin said from his stationary pebble collection. I explained to Kevin that my mind was quite adrift after being tied to a rail for days beyond counting (well possibly a couple) and very probably half drowned, and that if he could forgive me I would be happy to learn about the 'Sindarin Smackaroo' after I had rested further. This Kevin took in good part as he packed away his pebbles and urged me to rest. I am forming a plan which involves my returning to Mirkers to speak with my father about Elros and his shabby treatment of Kevin. I shall propose my plan to Kevin in the morning. For all I know Kevin may wish to come with me (if he is able) as we are now such firm friends that he even gave me one of his heart shaped pebbles as a gift after he braided my hair. I can see my father's delight in my diplomacy skills already.

(This post was edited by Nieriel on Feb 18 2016, 3:01am)

Nieriel
Rivendell

Feb 18 2016, 3:00am

Post #175 of 190 (10636 views)
Shortcut
Love the picture! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo looks so 'where am I? What have I done to deserve this?!'

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.