Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit films at theaters

bumbaroo_1

Feb 9 2016, 6:05pm

Post #1 of 7 (676 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit films at theaters Can't Post

Do you think the Hobbit films will ever be at theaters again? I missed them, so I am just curious.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Feb 10 2016, 4:54pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 9 2016, 6:23pm

Post #2 of 7 (640 views)
Shortcut
Well, they do occasionally re-show the LoTR movies [In reply to] Can't Post

and it seems lots of "classics" are finding their way back, so it's possible.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Feb 9 2016, 6:31pm

Post #3 of 7 (635 views)
Shortcut
Thing is, [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think they're perceived as "classics" by anyone other than, for example, fans on these boards. The LOTR films were hits - with audiences and critics alike - and made their way into pop culture and such, perceived as masterpieces ever since. The Hobbit films may have been perceived as decent by people (or less than that), but I've never heard anyone say they could ever become "classics" other than hardcore fans who were determined fans before the films had even been released.

I don't think they'll ever come to theaters again, unless paired with the original trilogy and in a very limited selection of theaters.

(This post was edited by Gandalf the Green on Feb 9 2016, 6:32pm)

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Feb 9 2016, 10:07pm

Post #4 of 7 (601 views)
Shortcut
I believe they stand a great chance of being considered classics in time [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm not a big fan of the novel and prior to AUJ's release thought they would turn out awful.

So now you've heard of one, for what it's worth.

Bilbo: These are dark days.

Bofur: Dark days indeed.

(This post was edited by TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense on Feb 9 2016, 10:08pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 10 2016, 2:35pm

Post #5 of 7 (517 views)
Shortcut
I do think they will be [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect a few trilogy showings or how they do LOTR now with one a week.

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 10 2016, 10:29pm

Post #6 of 7 (460 views)
Shortcut
Agree tho I think they need to do better PR [In reply to] Can't Post

Whether it was the Hobbit or LOTR. But I think they will be shown again, at least in the urban areas that
tend to have film festivals, classics, and marathons, and so on.

I AM still shocked at the "quietness" of the U.S. BOFA EE showingsFrown. I realize it was a Fathom event, but not
one sign in the theater I went to!

Still, I had a great timeCool. I just kicked myself later for not going to AUJ and DOS as well.Frown
Love my BR but there's something about a premium theater screen with a seat-rumbling sound system.Heart

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 11 2016, 3:07pm

Post #7 of 7 (414 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

They need to do a better job of letting folks know. I knew because of TORn and as an AMC stubs member. It was fun seeing them all in the theater again.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.