Feb 6 2016, 7:01am

Post #1 of 15 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Imdb ratings Can't Post

By now, on Imdb:

AUJ - 7, 9
DOS - 7, 9
BOTFA - 7, 5

Decent ratings, considering the backslash the trilogy received....

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
Hey guys, this is my blog: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Dain Ironfoot has come!! And his pig's here too! It's going to be a great feast tonight, we are gonna eat Dain's pig! :0

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Feb 6 2016, 10:52am

Post #2 of 15 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Possibly... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they would've been rated much lower, had they not been labeled as Middle-Earth films.

Lindele
Gondor

Feb 6 2016, 3:11pm

Post #3 of 15 (978 views)
Shortcut
On the contrary [In reply to] Can't Post

Being part of this franchise was most certainly their 'doom'

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 6 2016, 3:24pm

Post #4 of 15 (973 views)
Shortcut
Such was its doom. [In reply to] Can't Post

Milieuterrien
Rohan

Feb 6 2016, 3:47pm

Post #5 of 15 (964 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Extended editions would have received better reviews [In reply to] Can't Post

Since they were about the same length as LOTR Theater editions.

Especially instead of BOTFA TE, which was kinda frustrating in its shortage, length and ending.

People are generally glad to get 3+ hours movies instead of 2 1/2 hours movies, and the cut scenes were very entertaining and/or moving

(This post was edited by Milieuterrien on Feb 6 2016, 3:48pm)

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Feb 6 2016, 5:53pm

Post #6 of 15 (930 views)
Shortcut
I agree with... [In reply to] Can't Post

An Unexpected Journey's score but I think DOS and BOFA should be lower.
Originally the rating were:
AUJ-8/10
DOS-8/10
BOFA-7/10

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Feb 6 2016, 7:04pm

Post #7 of 15 (910 views)
Shortcut
They should all be higher [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Pleased they are this high, though. Public reception has definitely been incongruous with the way the media has spun these movies.

Bilbo: These are dark days.

Bofur: Dark days indeed.

LSF
Gondor

Feb 6 2016, 7:07pm

Post #8 of 15 (907 views)
Shortcut
vocal minority [In reply to] Can't Post

I've noticed in general that the negative minority is often way more vocal than the positive majority.

Milieuterrien
Rohan

Feb 6 2016, 7:14pm

Post #9 of 15 (902 views)
Shortcut
More vocal, [In reply to] Can't Post

and also relentless and repetitive.

Thus more and more distinguishable as the months go by.

imin
Valinor

Feb 7 2016, 1:13am

Post #10 of 15 (850 views)
Shortcut
I think they are overly generous [In reply to] Can't Post

However i wouldn't go on IMDB ratings, the website is full of trolls and people giving 1 or 10 star ratings to things, and although i didn't really like the hobbit trilogy, none of the films deserved either a 1 or 10 star rating, imo.

Personally i don't think there was a backlash as such against these films, just they weren't that great in general.

All posts are to be taken as my opinion.

Milieuterrien
Rohan

Feb 7 2016, 1:23am

Post #11 of 15 (842 views)
Shortcut
So why do you still feel the need to post on those "average movies" [In reply to] Can't Post

... months after their release ?

HeadingSouth
Bree

Feb 7 2016, 1:24am

Post #12 of 15 (839 views)
Shortcut
I think IMDB [In reply to] Can't Post

ratings are pretty useless, LOTR is also too highly rated in my view there as are many other films (any by Christopher Nolan or James Cameron). Although, the boards there are hilarious to read.

imin
Valinor

Feb 14 2016, 10:39am

Post #13 of 15 (699 views)
Shortcut
To give my opinion of them [In reply to] Can't Post

To give my opinion of them, why else?

I used to love TORn however over time i think i have drifted away from here as i realise i prefer the books to the movies, hence why i don't post much anymore.

I still love Tolkien's work as much now (perhaps more) as i did 22 years ago when i first picked up the hobbit as a small child and as such, sometimes it is nice to connect with others who love the books. It does not (as you are probably insinuating) take up hours of my day, thinking how bad the hobbit films were. I don't think about them at all, just happened on this thread and commented. I guess if brought up in conversation it makes me think how good the lotr movies were for the most part and just how amazing the books really are.

Obviously i went into the wrong comment sub forum, where the view of the films being average at best is rubbished down as best as possible in the echo chamber.

imin
Valinor

Feb 14 2016, 10:40am

Post #14 of 15 (697 views)
Shortcut
Completely agree // [In reply to] Can't Post

wizzardly
Rohan

Feb 15 2016, 9:29pm

Post #15 of 15 (666 views)
Shortcut
and why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why should only "people who have something nice to say" be allowed to have an opinion? There are many people who did not like these movies and for good reason.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.