Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TheOneRing.net Comes to HobbitCon!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jan 16 2016, 3:35pm

Post #1 of 3 (3067 views)
Shortcut
TheOneRing.net Comes to HobbitCon! Can't Post

TheOneRing.net is coming to HobbitCon 4, April 1-3 in Bonn, Germany! TOR.n staffers deej and greendragon will be hosting panels and chatting with attendees at our fan table. We're so excited to be joining guests from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings films, as well as lecturers, workshops, and so much more!

For information on guests, tickets, and TOR.n's panel schedule (coming soon) please visit the HobbitCon website. Hope to see you there!

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Jan 17 2016, 12:00am)

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 18 2016, 10:40pm

Post #2 of 3 (3029 views)
Shortcut
Yay! That's wonderful news. We should have a TORn moot there one night! [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll be great to meet greendragon and deej in person Smile

For anyone still considering going to HobbitCon, it looks like there are no more hotel rooms on offer. So anyone booking their tickets now, be prepared to stay somewhere else, Or get just a day ticket (but that will only give you a taste of the thing..). I've attended this wonderful event every year since its inception three years ago, and it's become a highlight of my year. So nice to meet TORn members one has come to know through the website, and actually talk and party with them. Not to mention the so-called star guests, all of whom have always been most kind and amazingly friendly to me. If anyone needs more information about this event, let me know and I'll share whatever knowledge I've gained through the experiencing of the first three HobbitCons.
Less than two and a half months to go now....

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 12 2016, 11:31pm

Post #3 of 3 (2373 views)
Shortcut
TORn at HobbitCon update - March 3, 2016 [In reply to] Can't Post

With less than a month to go until HobbitCon in Bonn, Germany, staffers deej and greendragon are busily getting ready to join their fellow fans there! For the first time, TheOneRing.net will have an official presence at the con, where we'll be delighted to chat with folks, give some panels, and maybe share some merchandise and giveaways!

At the moment, TORn is scheduled to give two talks at HobbitCon:

Saturday 2nd April 2pm in Saal Maritim

A Party of Special Magnificence - Behind the Scenes of The One Last Party

February 2015 in Hollywood - TheOneRing.net and fellow fans gathered with some of the cast and crew from Peter Jackson's Middle-earth movies, to celebrate this fandom we all love - one last time - TORn staffers greendragon and deej share tales of fundraising on an epic scale, preparing for this special event, and trying to keep elves, dwarves, hobbits and men - and the occasional dragon - happy! Plus we'll show some footage from the night itself - and maybe some extra video clips of cast who sent along their support.

Sunday 3rd April 12pm in Saal Maritim

There and Back Again - Looking Back on an Extraordinary Journey

Seventeen years ago, a film maker in New Zealand began his work bringing Middle-earth to the screen; and TheOneRing.net began a mission - quest - thing. In the years which followed, we've travelled far and wide, in cyberspace and in the real world; meeting cast and crew; getting magical glimpses behind the scenes; and most importantly, sharing an epic journey with our fellow fans across the globe. Join staffers from TheOneRing.net to share reminiscences about the highs and lows of this Unexpected Journey with a Fellowship of Fans.

You can read the full program for HobbitCon here.

The schedule is subject to change, so we'll update you if need be! Meanwhile we hope to meet lots of fans there. Rumour has it this may be the LAST HobbitCon - so let's make it a good one! See you in Germany. Bis bald!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.