Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Your favorite incarnation of David Bowie?
Poll: Your favorite incarnation of David Bowie?
Whimsical singer/songwriter pre-Ziggy
Ziggy Stardust/Aladdin Sane
Thin White Duke
Man Who Fell to Earth
The Goblin King
Regular Dude with a band
Outsider
Elder Statesman
Meta-Bowie
who?/I'm too young/no opinion/never liked him/other
View Results (25 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Jan 12 2016, 4:49pm

Post #1 of 6 (394 views)
Shortcut
Your favorite incarnation of David Bowie? Can't Post

Many sites like this one http://flavorwire.com/...es-of-david-bowie/12 are offering comparisons of the many incarnations of David Bowie. Which one was your favorite?

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Jan 12 2016, 9:07pm

Post #2 of 6 (344 views)
Shortcut
Ziggy [In reply to] Can't Post

That's my favorite era of his musically. The outfits were awesome too.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 12 2016, 9:29pm

Post #3 of 6 (348 views)
Shortcut
Strafer Jack [In reply to] Can't Post

Nieriel
Rivendell

Jan 13 2016, 2:29am

Post #4 of 6 (321 views)
Shortcut
David was amazing in Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence// [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 14 2016, 5:24am

Post #5 of 6 (292 views)
Shortcut
I voted for the Goblin King [In reply to] Can't Post

Because it's one of my favorite fantasy films, and he helps 'make' the film with his portrayal of the mischievous Goblin King who plays so easily with others lives. However, if there was an 'other' category, I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with Darkstone and Nieriel about his performance in Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence. Not always an easy movie to watch (not unlike Unbroken), but it changed the way I looked at David B. as an actor forever - in a very good way.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 14 2016, 9:45am

Post #6 of 6 (282 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm...none and all of the above :P [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't truly appreciate Bowie until relatively recently, and after the rise of CD's. I never went to a concert and only have Serious Moonlight on LP. I missed out on seeing those personas on stage or studying the images on album covers. CD's don't offer all of the wonderful artwork that albums had, just chinzy inserts. Point being, I don't necessarily associate the different personas with the songs that I love. That sounds like a travesty of fandom, I know. So much originality and artistry went into his work. I appreciate it, but for the most part, it's wasted on me. I came to love Bowie for the music. It's his voice and lyrics, the complex and thoughtful musical arrangements that attracted me.

And worse yet, I often listen to the songs randomly. I don't remember the last time I listened to an album the way it was intended. Seventies rock album fans would be horrified. Frown

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jan 14 2016, 9:50am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.