help with picture post

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 8 2016, 4:13pm

Post #1 of 11 (1029 views)
Shortcut
help with picture post Can't Post

I just posted a picture on the end of this thread here:

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=891493;#891493

But all I see is a tiny box with geometric shapes in it. Could I have a bit of help bringing the picture up please?

Thanks! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 8 2016, 5:11pm

Post #2 of 11 (1008 views)
Shortcut
When I go directly to the link [In reply to] Can't Post

(which I can see, in my editor)...I get the 404 url not found error.

What's the url of the pic you're trying to link to? (I can replace the link in your post.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 8 2016, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 11 (1002 views)
Shortcut
I copied the picture from my facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

Trying to post it on my photobucket now:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/...0pic_zpsw99bgxti.jpg

I just can't seem to get a handle on posting the picture within a post on here for some reason Unsure I have NO IDEA how people manage to do it so easily in the many Thorin filled posts Pirate

I was hoping if you could post the picture into the actual post pretty please?

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Jan 8 2016, 9:11pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2016, 12:00am

Post #4 of 11 (985 views)
Shortcut
I tried to insert your picture as a link [In reply to] Can't Post

but got a similar message - picture not found.

Is this a picture from your computer or is it one you found somewhere? If you are trying to copy a picture from somewhere on the internet, it's likely that the owner of the image doesn't allow hotlinking or copying, so you can't post it somewhere else.

I've never had trouble posting my own pictures from photobucket, but I frequently run into trouble with other people's images.

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 9 2016, 12:08am

Post #5 of 11 (984 views)
Shortcut
Sigh [In reply to] Can't Post

I give up Pirate

I saved it to my computer, then uploaded it on photobucket. Oh well....

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2016, 12:54am

Post #6 of 11 (977 views)
Shortcut
Is your [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket account set to public access? If not, it probably won't allow hotlinking even if it's you doing it.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 9 2016, 12:59am

Post #7 of 11 (980 views)
Shortcut
made sure it was public [In reply to] Can't Post

try this link:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/...0pic_zpsw99bgxti.jpg

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2016, 1:43am

Post #8 of 11 (972 views)
Shortcut
Success! [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't get it to work using Markup, but once I copied the original's HTML code and posted it using "Markup and HTML", it worked!

(I also resized it a bit, to fit within posting guidelines.)

Very pretty! I've only seen that lake once, from within the city. It's lovlier from the hillside. Smile

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 9 2016, 2:10am

Post #9 of 11 (968 views)
Shortcut
THANK YOU!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So you've been to cda then? It's very pretty Smile

I don't live in that town, but I live near enough to drive to it Smile We love the lake (and yes it's prettier from a distance, though not bad standing on the shore either- I got a GREAT sunset photo somewhere that I took on the beach a couple weeks prior to my engagement (had the ring been done at that time, as it was custom made, the proposal would have happened then, as I found out later).

I'm surprised, in all honesty- not many TORNsibs have been to my little corner of the world that I know of Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2016, 3:19am

Post #10 of 11 (962 views)
Shortcut
Many years ago [In reply to] Can't Post

when I was a teen, my older brother was helping friends build a house from scratch on their land in the northern part of the state, and we went out to visit and tour the area. We flew in to Spokane, then drove to Coeur D'Alene for the night, and the next day drove north...through woods...and woods...and more woods...Laugh

We'll never forget dinner that night. Mom ordered the local fish, and it was served with the head still on! Dad and I were in stitches, and she had to request that it be decapitated so she could look at it to eat it.

That would have been a lovely venue for a proposal!

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 9 2016, 3:36am

Post #11 of 11 (961 views)
Shortcut
Lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup- there's lots of woods around here, and I'm VERY happy about that! (I do not like living within city limits in general- I want property too someday, though cda is very much a beautiful city, and so are the surrounding ones). Tree filled woods instantly relax me better than anything else, so I'm totally fine with it! Wink

ROFL! Don't worry- as much as I like fish, I do NOT want to see it wink at me on the plate either! Tongue

It was gorgeous (we were next to the resort). And he had every intention to. But alas- I wanted a heart-shaped diamond solitaire that I would eventually combine with my channeled diamond ring (which has been done since then), so it was not finished in time for the gorgeous sunset Unsure

That didn't affect the later proposal (much) though- my husband took me to a park in Spokane near where I lived at the time that had a waterfall (it used to be a zoo, but was closed for violations and became a wooded natural park instead, only with a couple of bridges and a deck next to the waterfall pond), so it was still lovely Heart

That sunset would have been perfect for it though- we have spectacular sunsets around here!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.