Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Birthday Celebration Planning has Begun

MomtoLoveBugs
The Shire

Mar 11 2007, 3:51pm

Post #1 of 3 (366 views)
Shortcut
Birthday Celebration Planning has Begun Can't Post

Does anyone else here celebrate September 22 for Bilbo and Frodo? We did while we lived in CA and will do a big one next fall here in our new home state of WA.

I reserved a grand shelter at a park nearby that is one of the oldest state parks around. It has a bulit in BBQ, wooden picnic tables, a river nearby and even a sink.

We always roast turkey legs and bring a pumpkin dump cake (easy and yummy). We hide rings all over although one is just a little different so it is what else, but "the one ring". Whoever finds it gets a prize, etc.

But, there ends of being a ton of food since it is a potluck and everyone enjoys the days. I have to check to see if I can bring sparklers to light up at night.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else does anything or if you are now inspired to do so. :0)

Video Plea to New Line about a Peter Jackson directed Hobbit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JH_F_Qhuho

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 11 2007, 6:39pm

Post #2 of 3 (243 views)
Shortcut
Yes, our group in Hawaii has [In reply to] Can't Post

A party at 'Hobbit friendly' restaurant in town that has a room off to the side made for us. We all just order off the menu. The planners bring a birthday cake (last year it was pie). Most of the regulars dress in costume, the rest usually wear a LotR t-shirt. We have games with prizes (newcomers and guests tend to get the best prizes Wink

It is our big event of the year, our second big event is the Toast to the Professor January 3.

I like your idea of a potluck in the woods with a ring-hiding game.

Websites Directory, my drawings, Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Mar 11 2007, 6:42pm)

Patty
Immortal

Mar 11 2007, 6:53pm

Post #3 of 3 (260 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, our group doesn't celebrate, and in fact, I haven't seen those folks since they watched ROTK at my house. But this sounds like such fun I'm going to copy it and send it to our leader. She is very busy, but maybe she'll be enticed by this to take a little time off. If not, I may suggest it to the folks myself.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.