Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
what is the SINGLE most important element of a movie, for you?
Poll: what is the SINGLE most important element of a movie, for you?
the story
the acting
the visuals
the direction
other
View Results (42 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Nov 30 2015, 3:45pm

Post #1 of 6 (843 views)
Shortcut
what is the SINGLE most important element of a movie, for you? Can't Post

The poll below about loving/hating "The Hobbit" trilogy inspired this one. I got the impression that those who loved it, loved it because of the actors, while those who were not so enamoured objected to the license taken with the story. (And many said "it was a good movie but not a good adaptation.") So while ALL the elements I've listed are of course necessary to a good movie, which one is the deal-breaker for you? Can great acting overcome a bad script? Are you in it for the story, first and foremost? (I am.) Tell us what you think!

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 30 2015, 4:14pm

Post #2 of 6 (807 views)
Shortcut
The direction [In reply to] Can't Post

Even a poor, or plain good, or typical story can be transformed into a masterpiece in the hands of a skilled director.

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 30 2015, 7:02pm

Post #3 of 6 (787 views)
Shortcut
The acting [In reply to] Can't Post

Good actors make a good movie - Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor saved the star wars prequels to me.

Misto
Lorien

Nov 30 2015, 7:58pm

Post #4 of 6 (777 views)
Shortcut
All of them, really [In reply to] Can't Post

If one of them isn't up to scratch it really can ruin the movie. However, my biggest pet peeve is acting. I can deal with a less than perfect story, I may ignore visuals or directing flaws but bad acting is something I find very hard to ignore.

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 1 2015, 12:30am

Post #5 of 6 (753 views)
Shortcut
If I don't care about the characters, nothing else matters. // [In reply to] Can't Post

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Dec 1 2015, 12:44am

Post #6 of 6 (748 views)
Shortcut
Story... which means both plot and Characters// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.