My Poster for The BotFA Extended Edition

quimtuk

Nov 28 2015, 12:08pm

Post #1 of 12 (1100 views)
Shortcut
My Poster for The BotFA Extended Edition Can't Post

*image removed - too large*

Here's the guidelines for posting pictures on TORn:

The specific guidelines for posting pictures within the message body of your post are as follows: the maximum size of any picture posted should be 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 45k. The cumulative file size of all pictures in one post should not exceed 225k (5 pictures of the maximum filesize of 45k, 10 pictures of a filesize of 22.5k, etc.). These guidelnes apply to pictures hosted on other sites as well as to pictures posted as attachments to your post. For more detailed help on posting within a message body, check out Magpie's step-by-step TORn Image Posting Guide.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Dec 6 2015, 5:20pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 28 2015, 7:01pm

Post #2 of 12 (1073 views)
Shortcut
*snort* [In reply to] Can't Post

Love it. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 28 2015, 10:18pm

Post #3 of 12 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Agree with the Bofur part [In reply to] Can't Post

He is like 75% of the battle scenes.

Lord, why BOFUR??? What is so great about this character?

Ugh, please show more of the others like you do with Bofur.

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Nov 28 2015, 10:26pm

Post #4 of 12 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Lord, why BOFUR??? What is so great about this character?

Why Thorin? Why Kili? Why Fili? Why Beorn? Why Bilbo? Why Gandalf? Why Balin? What are so great about this characters?

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 28 2015, 10:50pm

Post #5 of 12 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Smaug the Iron [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why Thorin?

Because he is the leader of the company.

In Reply To
Why Kili?

He is Thorin's nephew and Tauriel's lover.

In Reply To
Why Fili?

He is Thorin's nephew and heir of the throne

In Reply To
Why Beorn?

Well.. he helps the company in DoS and destroy the Gundabad army in Botfa

In Reply To
Why Bilbo?

He is the main character and the burgler.

In Reply To
Why Gandalf?

He is the wizard who helps the dwarves in their journey. Gandalf also went to investigate Dol Guldor.

In Reply To
Why Balin?

He is Thorin's closest friend and a wise dwarf.

But... why Bofur? Yes, James Nesbitt is great, Bofur is funny. But Mark Hadlow also is, and Je Brophy and John Callen. Why does Bofur receive more screentime than the others, what is really so special about him? Bofur is just a random dwarf they picked...

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Nov 28 2015, 10:59pm

Post #6 of 12 (1051 views)
Shortcut
Because [In reply to] Can't Post

He is the dwarf that get closest to Bilbo ( apart from Thorin and Balin) he is funny, he is one of the main dwarves( with Thorin, Dwalin, Balin, Fili and Kili), Peter, Fran and Philippa love James Nesbitt.
I am think they love the other dwarves as well but everyone has a favorite.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Nov 28 2015, 11:36pm

Post #7 of 12 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Hehehe... [In reply to] Can't Post

I could say the same of some other characters.

quimtuk

Nov 29 2015, 12:00am

Post #8 of 12 (1037 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad that he got those scenes in the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides the "protagonist dwarves" (Thorin, Fili, Kili, Balin and Dwalin), Bofur was the charismatic representative of "the other dwarves" in the movie, plus the one who first befriended bilbo, but suddenly he dissapeared in the theatrical edition of the third movie, so Im very happy they recovered his scenes. Plus, he is my favourite dwarf XD

quimtuk

Nov 29 2015, 12:04am

Post #9 of 12 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

In general the dwarves got a lot more protagonism in the EE, thats why I liked it. But Bofur went from near zero to lots of scenes, and being my favourite dwarf, I enjoyed the EE a lot.

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 29 2015, 2:52am

Post #10 of 12 (1026 views)
Shortcut
what? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bofur was the charismatic representative of "the other dwarves" in the movie

Why the dwarves need of a representative? Would not be better to just see their personality in the screen?

quimtuk

Nov 29 2015, 10:24am

Post #11 of 12 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Because [In reply to] Can't Post

...in order to give the same level of protagonism to 13 dwarves we would need another trilogy! XD

Nah, seriously, I think in a movie like this each protagonist is in charge to present a different point of view or a different storyline. We need Bilbo's point of view, we need the POV of different dwarves, we need some protagonists to know what he elves are doing (although I think Legolas had too much protagonism), the POV of the laketowners, what is happening in Dol Guldur,etc. For the dwarves, we already have 3 or 4 different POVs: Thorin and his motivation to reclaim Erebor, the brothers Fili and Kili which are the heirs of the lineage, Balin and Dwalin which are long-term loyal friends of the royal family... Then Bofur was arbitrarily chosen to give us another POV, that of the other dwarves who also joined the quest, and how they befriend Bilbo.
Then, for those "others", there would be no point of having 6 more MAIN protagonist dwarves in the movie representing the same POV and doing all the same things in the same places. Of course they could deep more on inventing and developing different storylines for each one, but IMO that would feel very excesive for a movie (it would be different in a coral tv series), and I think they already did a good work giving them distinct personalities (at least in the EEs). Plus, if they could have added more scenes in the EE, I would prefer a little more of Beorn and Radagast, who kinda disappeared in BotFA.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Nov 30 2015, 2:16am

Post #12 of 12 (983 views)
Shortcut
Yea, Bofur.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.