My post-BOT5A life
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 5 2015, 10:41pm

Post #1 of 26 (1251 views)
Shortcut
My post-BOT5A life Can't Post

Just some rambling here. For the past 2 1/2 years I've been obsessively following EVERYTHING related to "The Hobbit" movies, but now with the BOT5A EE about to be released, I feel I may need to find another way to fill my time. I'm not quite ready to move on, after all Middle-earth has been a big part of my life for some time now, but in less than 2 weeks I will get arguably the LAST Middle-earth film for, oh, probably several years (if ever). So, yes there will be six-movie marathons, and a huge amount of BOT5A appendices to watch, but there is also my Hobbit-inspired original fiction that I'm hoping to (self) publish next year - gotta get to work on the revisions. I will do that as soon as I finish up this Nutrition course I'm taking. Speaking of which, I have decided to pursue a 2nd degree in Exercise Science. Probably sounds weird, but truthfully I work at a University and as such get free tuition for courses taken here, so part of me thinks "why not?" About the only thing I'm as passionate about besides "The Hobbit" is fitness & health. In fact, I took this Nutrition course because my husband is a Type II diabetic, and had to go on an insulin pump because he WON'T do anything about his diet or exercise. I would love to work with diabetics and help them get their blood sugar under control before they also end up on insulin pumps. I don't know if this degree will lead to that, in fact it's kind of crazy at my age (55), when I talk about retiring in a few years. But there's also this "Silver Sneakers" certification - like a personal trainer for older people - and to get this certification you have to either already have an approved certification or a college degree. I'd rather have a degree than just read a book and take a test!

I've also decided to re-read "The Lord of the Rings," it's been years and I really don't remember that much. The movies may have completely messed that up as well. Finally, there's my long-planned & fretted about trip to New Zealand - I thought I was going in March 2016, until my husband completely torpedoed that planMad, but he's swearing we'll go in October 2016. (Darn well better, or I may end up in divorce court!) So hopefully between the book, the trip and the new degree, I'll have enough going on to make up for the lack of new Hobbit/Middle-earth material. But maybe I'm just more obsessed than most people - maybe the rest of you have been going on with your normal life & don't have such a huge post-BOT5A hole to fill. Or maybe you do. If so, what are your post-BOT5A plans? Fanfics? Fan edits? Six-movie marathons? Or maybe something else? Hopefully I'm not the only obsessive lurker on this board!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Nov 5 2015, 10:41pm)

LSF
Gondor

Nov 5 2015, 10:51pm

Post #2 of 26 (1178 views)
Shortcut
my plans [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in the fanfic/fanart side of the fandom, and I don't see myself leaving it anytime soon. I've got way too many ideas in my head for both things to leave it now Tongue

I hope to meet some of the dwarf cast at a convention next summer, if enough of them come to make it worth the price.

I would love to go to New Zealand and visit the places, but I am only a poor college student at the moment... Hopefully some day though. Hope you have a great time whenever you get to go Smile

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 5 2015, 10:56pm

Post #3 of 26 (1174 views)
Shortcut
I have written several non-english fan fictions [In reply to] Can't Post

and I am also planning to make a fan edit of the trilogy. Even after BOTFA EE I still being a Hobbit fan. I am just waiting for the super extended edition LaughCrazy

Hey kilidoescartwheels, what about your blog? Will you abandon it?

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
The pig, the life, the bacon

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Nov 5 2015, 11:06pm

Post #4 of 26 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Still going strong [In reply to] Can't Post

I worried (last December, when everyone told me it was "over") that The Hobbit wouldn't be a part of my life anymore. I admit I was a little teary when I saw the EE last month. However, I'm still very much engaged in the fandom (a blog, writing, crafts, etc), actually much more so than before. Going to HobbitCon again next year and whatever other conventions bring the cast closer - hopefully there will be many more to come! I just don't see myself dropping this any time soon. There will always be something to discuss, even though there's no more new material. And I was introduced to so many wonderful actors because of these movies so I can enjoy their post-Hobbit bodies of work, too.

Justice for Fili

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Nov 5 2015, 11:13pm

Post #5 of 26 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Just annual sextuplet marathons for me [In reply to] Can't Post

The first being this December! I'm hoping my kids will enjoy watching them with me (I'm going to do one a day starting the day after Christmas and ending New Year's Eve, so the spacing will help) and will look forward to it each year. Beyond that, my only real plan is to finish up a lengthy essay I have been working on discussing each version of each film and defending the extended editions and, by default, the entire series as a whole as the best thing to happen to cinema since its inception. Would like to post it here once finished, if I see any interest in such a venture.

Would love to visit New Zealand, though... maybe someday, when the funds allow. Smile

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, f*** it."

- The Grand Budapest Hotel

(This post was edited by TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense on Nov 5 2015, 11:17pm)

LSF
Gondor

Nov 5 2015, 11:27pm

Post #6 of 26 (1132 views)
Shortcut
jealous [In reply to] Can't Post

You're going to HobbitCon, again? I wish I could... so have fun Smile

Yes, I had never heard of any of the dwarf actors before Hobbit, and now I've been going through most of their filmographies and watching what I can find. I'm looking forward to their future projects eagerly.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Nov 5 2015, 11:59pm

Post #7 of 26 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Since the Hobbit/LotR isn't my only fandom... [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps I should get started on that Jurassic Park fan fic I've been thinking of, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea (since it's similar to Jurassic Park 3, except that my characters crash land on Nublar instead of Sorna, due to some sort of sabotage, and in a helicopter, not an airplane), but I may go through with it anyway. The only problem is, I have to kill off a character (something I try my hardest to avoid), and find a way to make Rebecca (my surviving character) survive the crash, instead of perish like her husband. I'm thinking of setting it about six years after the Jurassic Park fiasco. Like with my Hobbit back story, I'll post it on both FF.net and Ao3 (just changed my username back to my original one, but I'm using my old one as my title for about a month or so. You wouldn't believe how many people are using "Oakenshield" as a username, so maybe it's about time I had a different one, since I'm the only one using my current one, so it makes it a little more unique. And I kept mixing it up with my Council of Elrond one, since I had a similar username, except for the underscore).

I don't do marathons, since I find them too exhausting (I tried that once with The Neverending Story when it was on television, and boy, did I have to use the restroom when it was finally over, since they had commercials, but they weren't long enough to garner a trip to the restroom, so I just waited until they were all over), but I do watch the movies in order, even ones that I don't own the entire series of (like with Jurassic Park for example, since I only own the original and Jurassic World, I don't like the others enough to actually own them).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 6 2015, 12:16am

Post #8 of 26 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Hey, DainPig! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I'm not sure about the blog - been so busy with schoolwork! But I confess, I've started revising "The Last One Alive," starting with Dwalin finding him and going from there. Also toying with a Tauriel post-BOT5A fic, which has been discussed by several that maybe she goes searching for the Dark Elves. Haven't really started that one yet, and there's the revisions for my Origi-fic to think about. Anyway, future fanfics should show up on my blog, eventually.

Goldeneye
Lorien

Nov 6 2015, 4:40am

Post #9 of 26 (1019 views)
Shortcut
Wrapping up my fan edit [In reply to] Can't Post

In the immediate future I'll be wrapping up my fan edit, J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, which should be available around this time next month. As much as these movies have disappointed me, I must admit that I've enjoyed following film updates and developments, and of course anticipating each new release. Middle-Earth is my favorite fictional universe to delve into, and Peter Jackson's films have influenced me greatly since 2001.
So as far as my fan edit is concerned, that will probably keep me busy going into early 2016 but I'll be happy to put some time in between actually editing the film to sitting down and finally enjoying it.

Annael
Immortal

Nov 6 2015, 3:15pm

Post #10 of 26 (920 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't say "The Hobbit" movies caused much of a blip in my life. Nothing like the LOTR movies did. I haven't even bought the DVDs.

I'm at work on a new book, which is the real change in my life after 10 years of working on, publishing, and promoting the last one. I expect this one to get done a little faster . . . maybe 2 years . . .

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 6 2015, 5:17pm

Post #11 of 26 (900 views)
Shortcut
I've been a fan for over 44 years [In reply to] Can't Post

I kept pretty occupied with LotR/Hobbit stuff throughout that time, but admittedly more in the past 14 years ;)

I'll keep reading LotR/Hobbit once a year, and I'm going to refine my TIME posts... figuring in the Shire Reckoning where I can. I've also turned my home into a Mathom-house of LotR/Hobbit-related items (games, toys, books, poster, etc.)... so I'm going to catalog and organize/display all of that. Working in a Library for over 28 years, it's in my blood! ;)

I'm also going to make at least one of my spare rooms into a Hobbity Room... like Bag End. For the past 10 years I've been gathering pottery, brick-a-brack and anything that feels like a hobbit-hole item just for this project. I'm going to hook the rugs for it by hand, plus hook some Middle-earth related wall hangings.

I've also been gathering enough pebbles and rocks during my 14 years of Walk to Rivendell to probably fill my driveway. But I'm going to build a little Shire-type village with them (among other things).

So when I retire the end of March, I'll definitely have enough to keep me busy until I get old ;)

Oh... and tell Hubby that the dollar goes a LONG WAY in NZ. So it won't cost as much as he thinks. Five years ago, I went for 6 days for less than $2,000 (including all flights/room/transportation). GO SOON!!!

sample

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 6 2015, 5:19pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 6 2015, 5:35pm

Post #12 of 26 (884 views)
Shortcut
AWESOME!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advice on NZ - and if you get your "Hobbity Room" set up, please share pics, I'll bet lots of folks on TORn would love to see that!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2015, 7:42pm

Post #13 of 26 (855 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, the dollar is great for visitors [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Oh... and tell Hubby that the dollar goes a LONG WAY in NZ. So it won't cost as much as he thinks. Five years ago, I went for 6 days for less than $2,000 (including all flights/room/transportation). GO SOON!!!

...but it's a pain in the backside for Kiwis travelling overseas. I've had two trips to the States in the last year and I refuse to total up the cost. Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elarie
Grey Havens

Nov 7 2015, 12:18am

Post #14 of 26 (807 views)
Shortcut
After the movies [In reply to] Can't Post

Right now, of course, I'm still waiting anxiously for the BOTFA blu-ray so I can watch all the appendices (I've been trying to avoid spoilers) and then I think it might be time for a re-read of LOTR. But aside from that, I've developed an interest in Norse mythology because of Tolkien and the Hobbit movies, and I have lots of reading to do about that. I've been reading some books about the mythology to familiarize myself with the stories, and I think I'll be ready to tackle the Eddas soon without being hopelessly confused (maybe?) and then the Icelandic Sagas. It's also a lot of fun to recognize names and ideas in the myths that Tolkien used in his stories. Yes, there really was a mythical horse named Lightfoot! How cool is that? Smile

All of which has put another idea into my head of taking a trip to Iceland. From where I live the airfare can be done very reasonably by combining Southwest Airlines and Wow airlines so if I can ever stop doing house repairs, car repairs and vet bills perhaps I can swing it one of these days. Who knows? Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 7 2015, 5:20am

Post #15 of 26 (781 views)
Shortcut
I already experienced my "post-Tolkien film break(down)"... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

...in 2004/2005, following the release of the Extended Edition of The Return of the King.

My experience with the LotR Trilogy was so all-encompassing that, to be blunt, the Hobbit films were never going to enrapture me in quite the same way. I've recounted (with great emotion and detail) my journey through those first couple years of the new century elsewhere - but, to sum up, my discovery of Tolkien happened in tandem with the opening salvos of the marketing push for PJ's films (though the latter did not prompt the former - I owe all to my High School English teacher). What followed was several years of absolute euphoria, as I came to know the power of Tolkien and was exposed to the seminal cinematic experiences of my life.

Following the last Extended Edition release, I crashed hard. Shocked I came to learn in the years that followed that there were, indeed, other great pleasures in literature and film Smile, but it was a slow-going process. Wink

For a variety of reasons, The Hobbit films were not what LotR had been for me (though I like them anyway). So I'm happy to say that I'm more equipped to bid farewell to this Tolkien cinematic "renaissance" as it were.

As to what I shall invest in moving forward, I will be continuing my rereading of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (while I continue to await both the sixth book and the sixth season of HBO's adaptation). I am looking forward to the next Star Wars film, as well as the upcoming Hunger Games finale (a series which I never expected to get attached to, but snuck up on me nonetheless).

I am also anticipating the sequel to Ridley Scott's Alien prequel "Prometheus", which was said to not be a prequel, until it was marketed as a prequel, and now the sequel is not even being sold as a sequel to the prequel, but rather a prequel being tied directly to the original "Alien", title and all, which is now a sequel due to the making of all these prequels.

Evil

...and, of course, I will continue to revisit PJ's wondrous trilogy. Over the course of last night and today, I watched The Two Towers and felt my heart lift above the clouds, and it was as if I was 18 all over again. Smile

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Nov 7 2015, 5:23am)

Arthael
Lorien

Nov 7 2015, 6:35am

Post #16 of 26 (775 views)
Shortcut
working on a War In The North script project [In reply to] Can't Post

Like yourself, I'm an avid lurker and occasional responder on TORN and have been ever since the month before AUJ came out. I've been a lifelong Tolkien fan, and this release of BOTFA EE is the end of an era.

A few months before AUJ came out I started sketching out ideas for how the War In The North could be adapted to film, based on a loose story structure supplied by the timeline listed in the appendices. I've returned to this project from time to time, with varying amounts of intensity. A year ago, I actually made a lot of progress with sketching out the story and major characters and set pieces before setting it aside for a few months. Back in September, I started up again. I envision it as an HBO miniseries, a run of 5 hour-long episodes and 1 90- minute long kick off. It will follow the continuity of the films but try and introduce a lot of elements from the books that were left out of PJ's adaptations. I hope to begin writing out first drafts here in the next month, and hopefully have at least some of them complete by this time next year!

The 90-minute inaugural episode will be a stand-alone feature, chronicling Aragorn's hunt for Gollum, entitled The Return of the Shadow. I plan on posting the synopsis here on TORN in the next week or two when I get some free time to gauge interest and see what people think of my creative decisions.

This is something that I'm doing mostly just for personal entertainment, as a way of staying connected to the Middle Earth film universe, which is far and away my favorite fictional realm to immerse myself in :)

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 7 2015, 1:26pm

Post #17 of 26 (757 views)
Shortcut
It's not fair [In reply to] Can't Post

You really do catch the fuzzy end of the lollipop when it come to travel :( I'm so glad we were able to meet when we did :)

*hugs*

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 7 2015, 2:08pm

Post #18 of 26 (753 views)
Shortcut
It isn't quite over for me yet.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... two weeks and a couple of days to go before I can (start) watching the final EE and Appendices. And I still don't know what's coming, though a couple a nice people have taken the time to PM just to tell me it's worth waiting for.

But even when I've seen them my life won't be post-Hobbit. The films will always be in my head just as the previous trilogy is (and the books have been for alomst as long as I can remember). And I'll re-watch and re-read, and play the music, and hope the chance to talk about them and talk about other things to people who also like them will carry one, here and elsewhere. Then there's work, and friends, and all the other stuff I enjoy doing. One thing's for sure, the time's too short to do it all (and no, it isn't crazy to make plans at any age. You're alive, that's what counts! Wink ) I'm not bothered about other Tolkien films that may come in the future: for me, these will always be THE Tolkien films, and that's enough.

Like you, I dream of visiting New Zealand. Don't know if I ever will, but I would love to.

And good luck with your writing and all the other plans!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 7 2015, 3:05pm

Post #19 of 26 (740 views)
Shortcut
Sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

If I actually do get my book published, it's always fun to imagine how it might play out onscreen. I have no idea how to write a screenplay, if I understand correctly it's quite technical. Who would play Aragorn? A younger-looking Viggo, hmmm - and would he be meeting Legolas? I confess, the Hobbit & LoTR are all I've read, so I know nothing about the "War in the North." I've thought about getting his translation of "Beowulf," "The Lost Tales" and "Children of Hurin," but to be honest I don't want to be overly-influenced by Tolkien when I start writing the next book. Yeah, I'm envisioning a 4-book fantasy series, kind of crazy to be starting a new degree while I'm writing, but then again I'm only taking 1 class a semester, so I think it's doable. Good luck with that script, & keep us posted!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 7 2015, 3:07pm

Post #20 of 26 (738 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers!Cool Just FYI, my 19-year-old is doing a study abroad in Herfordshire, England starting mid-January 2016. Don't know if you're anywhere near there, but....

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Nov 7 2015, 3:08pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 7 2015, 3:42pm

Post #21 of 26 (723 views)
Shortcut
Not so near.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or, by US standards, so far away Wink (I still can't get my head around the distances Americans seem to take for granted!) I'm on the south coast.

ghost_matt
Rivendell

Nov 7 2015, 3:56pm

Post #22 of 26 (720 views)
Shortcut
I felt the same after LOTR ended [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew up on the animated movies, read the books in 6th grade, and followed the production of LOTR since I first heard rumors of it in early 1998. I'm actually still friends with some of the people I met on the messageboards way back then. After ROTK EE came out and then Revenge of the Sith the year after that, I felt like all the really big "event" movies were done and I'd probably never have another experience in the theater like LOTR again.

But then The Hobbits were announced, more Star Wars movies, Stephen King's Dark Tower finally has a greenlight, and on the small screen we've got more Twin Peaks coming. So I feel like there will always be other movies and things to get excited about.

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 10 2015, 9:43pm

Post #23 of 26 (629 views)
Shortcut
Tehanu had an answer in her "Where to from here?" essay in 2004 after ROTK. [In reply to] Can't Post

This was from the old TORn site. When I read it then, it was food for thought and the encouragement still holds.

http://archives.theonering.net/...es/notes/note22.html

So anyway to return to my point: What to look forward to now that the movies are as good as done? Well, what have you learned from them? Not the story of the Ring; you knew that already. What is the lesson in the story of the making of the movies? That's the story of you getting involved in the excitement, the guesswork, the speculation, the ideas, the process of seeing them come into the light. The story of you spending time thinking about Middle-earth, and your delight in discovering that other people cared about it as much as you do. This story is the point, and it is what the great mythographer Joseph Campbell called 'following your bliss.'

We've spent five years watching something that was fun. We enjoyed it whole-heartedly and without self-interest. We didn't question whether it had any point. It just was, and we were child-like in our acceptance of it. Because our guard was down, it enriched our lives before we knew it. Now the challenge is to ask ourselves what it is that we love to do the way the film-makers loved to do their work. It's time to notice the silly drawings we used to do, but put aside when we grew up. Time to remember the dreams we had of learning to weave a medieval tapestry, or the idea for that perfect adventure game -- and let those ideas come out and play. Play hard. We've watched PJ's people do it, working long hours into the night. We know Tolkien did it, with every spare moment and spare scrap of paper he had. And remember -- for many years his life appeared something completely boring and unproductive to the casual observer. He published little, and outside of his philological work he appeared absorbed in his family. The only hint of difference was the regularity with which he met his like-minded friends at the Eagle and Child pub. There they would drink and argue and read out their work to each other, sometimes with no real hope of a wider audience. But Tolkien in his own private mind remained committed to the elaboration of his fantasy world.

But this all sounds as if all it takes to create great art is to try hard. It sounds like all you need to do to become a writer or artist yourself is to work at it, and if you're not succeeding it's because you're not trying hard enough. I don't believe that myself however, and I'm not saying that Tolkien's example should drive you to transform yourself into a writer or something. It might, but on the other hand your talent might be something quite different, something you've used all along but not given due honour. You could have a talent for living a life of comfort and balance, like a hobbit. A talent for fellowship, for loyalty, for peacemaking among friends and family. There are lots of gifts that, practiced with skill, leave no lasting monument that one can show off, like a book or a film. They are worth no less for all that.

Meanwhile, every journey begins with the first step, as Frodo (and even more Sam) discovered when they set out from Bag End, hardly knowing anything of the road ahead. If your dream is to build a hobbit hole then you don't have to have a piece of land and a degree in engineering by tomorrow. You can at least talk to other people who are doing it for a few years first. To ride elf-fashion, without saddle or bridle -- well, you could start by getting lessons to ride normally. Practise the hospitality of a hobbit, throw memorable dinner-parties and nobody will care your house doesn't look like a palace. Follow your curiosity, find something that interests you and throw yourself into it wholeheartedly!

So, many thanks, ye founders of TORn, for your own creativity and wholehearted enthusiasm in giving us all this place to wander in for over fifteen years. Cheers!

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 11 2015, 3:41am

Post #24 of 26 (600 views)
Shortcut
Haha... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah that's right, far away! At camp, most of the counselors are British or from used-to-be-British Colonies (that still have similar accents), and it is so funny trying to compare. I remember one day they asked me if I could find their torch, and I didn't realize they meant flashlight, and I was like what? You brought a torch, isn't that illegal?!! But as an American sometimes my family and I take trips to Washington D.C. which is 4 hours away, it still is pretty far, but Americans can probably go half-a-day before saying this isn't a normal trip... This just be my area though, I think the school systems made a bunch of people who are destined to become nomads...

Since Middle-earth in film isn't really going to get much of an expansion for awhile, I've decided to take C.S. Lewis' famous quote that is my favorite, but I can't remember. Basically if you can't find something that you want or need, then make it! So I'm working on my own short films and stories! I might re-read LOTR too. Since I'm young (but still the age to be able to be on forums) film-making, selling paintings, and story-writing is hard to bring together and share it, and sometimes sell it!

"Obviously the idea of being human is a very human idea."
-Dominic Monaghan

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2015, 5:23pm

Post #25 of 26 (567 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* Wonderful... and I heartily agree! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.