The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
WETA Thorin Oakenshield figure is sold out on their (WETA) site

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 28 2015, 1:08am

Post #1 of 1 (740 views)
Shortcut
WETA Thorin Oakenshield figure is sold out on their (WETA) site Can't Post

Which I had been sort of watching off and on, because I wanted more than one, (and to my surprise re an earlier post, my WETA Thorin figure seems to be gradually sinking to sit on his base properly, as tho the very weight of the figure is putting him where he is supposed to be - no gap between foot and base. I didn't expect that, since this was my first polystone - well, it feels like stone. And I have roughly worked modular bricks and stuff - even chipping or splitting cheap concrete - it's not so easy. Works for me re the figureCool. So now he is perfectCool. Maybe I should have tried WD-40 or vaseline or something to try to seat the figure on the peg in the first place - baby oil?Unsure)

Anyway, of course other WETA figures have sold out - Thranduil and some of the dwarves I think. But thought I would post as it sort of felt like a hallmark, way back to Comic Con and the curiousness about the dwarves and the excitement, and Thorin was the first dwarf released - as an SDCC exclusive that year, and as an open edition piece.

At the moment, Hobbit Shop is still offering the figure, and probably other places. And I suppose open edition means they might make more, but I am going to GUESS not. Because there's too much BOFA and LOTR stuff they might do. The barrel riders aren't even all out yet.Unsure

Still, I'm gonna cherish my little Thorins including my Funko POP Thorin, also a retired piece and being sold for absurd prices now. But I don't buy my stuff to sell it, it's to have a little bit of the films.Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.