Half-naked male body are allowed?

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 23 2015, 2:46pm

Post #1 of 11 (509 views)
Shortcut
Half-naked male body are allowed? Can't Post

Check out this thread:

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=879727;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

The mod there deleted the image I posted. It was a image of a half naked Tauriel, character from The Hobbit.
But for some reason, the mod did not delete a picture in the same thread. The picture shows a half naked Thorin, also from the Hobbit.

So, male body are allowed but female not?Crazy

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
The pig, the life, the bacon

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 23 2015, 2:56pm

Post #2 of 11 (482 views)
Shortcut
Holdover from Victorian Attitudes [In reply to] Can't Post

Blame our North American gender-bias on attitudes we inherited from the Victorian Age. Naked male torsos are barbaric but acceptable. Nude female torsos make our eyes bleed and turn us into drooling perverts!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Oct 23 2015, 2:58pm)

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 23 2015, 3:01pm

Post #3 of 11 (477 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why women can like male torsos in this forum, but man can not do the same to females?

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
The pig, the life, the bacon

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 23 2015, 3:59pm

Post #4 of 11 (464 views)
Shortcut
Think of what people wear on the beach.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In western culture it's socially acceptable for men to be topless (naked from the waist up), but not usually for women. That's not unique to TORn, it's pretty general. (And other cultures would expect a LOT more covering up.)

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 23 2015, 6:31pm

Post #5 of 11 (452 views)
Shortcut
Mostly I find all those pictures offensive [In reply to] Can't Post

Not because of the exposed flesh, but because they are generally very bad art.

Ilmatar
Rohan

Oct 24 2015, 12:03am

Post #6 of 11 (435 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Because females have secondary sexual characteristics in their chest, but males do not?

(I did not see the pictures in question so am only guessing - I don't know if any "characteristics" were visible or not.)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 24 2015, 1:19am

Post #7 of 11 (418 views)
Shortcut
Kinda, sorta... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...Because females have secondary sexual characteristics in their chest, but males do not?

We do, but ours are non-functional.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

squire
Half-elven

Oct 24 2015, 2:01am

Post #8 of 11 (418 views)
Shortcut
Oh, guys got stuff up there too [In reply to] Can't Post

She asks me why, I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night, hair that's a fright
I'm hairy high and low, don't ask me why, don't know

It just comes down to social norms. "Secondary sexual characteristics"? Sure. And men can show it, but women can't show it. Go figure. But, in general, don't try to buck the norm unless you like trouble.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Ilmatar
Rohan

Oct 24 2015, 6:06am

Post #9 of 11 (392 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course everyone has something there - I was referring to the list of secondary sexual characteristics which mentions "enlargement of breasts" for females. I don't know if that was the issue with the pictures or not.

Ilmatar
Rohan

Oct 24 2015, 6:14am

Post #10 of 11 (397 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, well, double standards [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice poem - not a typical "hair poem" either, as poetry on this board goes...

For some reason, breasts on females are seen as a more significant characteristic than chest hair on men. Maybe it's because all adults have body hair somewhere, but men don't have "enlargement of breasts" anywhere.... Cool And men can show their hair, but women mostly only that they have on their head. (This is one weird discussion.)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 24 2015, 9:07pm

Post #11 of 11 (375 views)
Shortcut
Your post was also deleted [In reply to] Can't Post

because it exceeded our image size guidelines.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.