Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Battle of the Five Armies EE: Appendices Reaction Thread (Spoilers!)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

LSF
Gondor

Oct 21 2015, 6:21pm

Post #176 of 180 (763 views)
Shortcut
They did [In reply to] Can't Post

They did shoot Gandalf walking up to it, recognizing what is it, and touching it to get the vision of Smaug leading Sauron's armies. What they did not do was the visual effects sequence of the actual vision. If they were to show a full deleted scene, they would probably show the vision through the concept art.

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 21 2015, 6:29pm

Post #177 of 180 (758 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't matter I guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish they had at least shown the filmed part of the scene (Gandalf walking to it, touching it) Frown.
DOS Extended Edition is already my favorite Middle-earth movie; but I can't imagine how better it would have been if the palantir scene was in it Unsure.

TiberiusOgden
Bree

Oct 21 2015, 6:31pm

Post #178 of 180 (757 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
What they did not do was the visual effects sequence of the actual vision.

Yes, that's what I am talking about. Half of sequence isn't shooted at all. In comparison with acorn sequence for instance.

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 21 2015, 6:37pm

Post #179 of 180 (751 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

They could have shown the part of the scene that was shot, but they only showed some quick shots of it Unsure.
It would have been great if it was in DOS Extended Edition, they shouldn't have decided not to finish the scene Unsure.

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 25 2015, 2:37am

Post #180 of 180 (458 views)
Shortcut
Something I missed - the return of Billy Jackson! [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess staying up all night to watch appendices means I was bound to miss a few things, but, here was one that particularly excited me when I was watching them again with my wife today. In chapter 7 of part 11, we see Billy Jackson, PJ and PB's son, make his return to Middle-earth as an extra in Dale, fighting orcs.

I was happy to see this because we've seen absolutely nothing from him since the production of the Hobbit films began, and unlike PJ's daughter Katie, I just assumed he wanted to stay away from all of the limelight, like his mother. I also wondered if, maybe, he didn't support these films due to their major tonal departure from the novel.

Apparently not so. That made me happy.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." - Samwise

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.