Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just a couple of quick questions RE: EE (Spoilers obv).

[STARS}TyranT
The Shire

Oct 14 2015, 10:41pm

Post #1 of 5 (674 views)
Shortcut
Just a couple of quick questions RE: EE (Spoilers obv). Can't Post

So I've been following it all as the news and spoilers have unfolded.

To be honest that the edited has been cleaned up a little and the bloom reduced will go some way into making the film better.

I'm not too bothered about a lack of Thrain or even more Beorn (my ultimate wish was that Beorn killed Bolg was restored in this version but let's be honest, that was never going to happen).

But the things that bother me are, that Bard and Thranduil get absolutely no resolution to their respective stories.

I know we get nothing regarding Thranduils necklace - but do we even get a single throwaway shot of Bard as leader of Lake Town? Or recieving any of his share of the wealth of Erebor?

And finally, is the Arkenstone shown in the funeral/Dain's coronation? It always bothered me that it completely disappears from the theatrical edition.

I've just ordered the gift set and look forward to seeing it when it releases in November, but if someone who saw it last night could just answer these quiries that would be great thanks. :)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 14 2015, 10:53pm

Post #2 of 5 (650 views)
Shortcut
answers [In reply to] Can't Post

I know we get nothing regarding Thranduils necklace - but do we even get a single throwaway shot of Bard as leader of Lake Town? Or recieving any of his share of the wealth of Erebor?

Just what we have already seen. No.

And finally, is the Arkenstone shown in the funeral/Dain's coronation? It always bothered me that it completely disappears from the theatrical edition.

Yes and yes, but you didn't say how much detail you wanted.

[STARS}TyranT
The Shire

Oct 14 2015, 10:56pm

Post #3 of 5 (638 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

No that's enough thanks. Just known its seen again and some form of resolution is enough for me.

That is literally all I wanted from the EE - resolutions, and it seems even there it falls short.

I sincerely hope the commentary sheds some light why pieces were left out - or at the least included as deleted scenes on the extras like the Dwarves being brought before Thranduil was in DOS.

Thanks.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 14 2015, 10:58pm

Post #4 of 5 (633 views)
Shortcut
Bard [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Bard never becomes the leader of Lake-town. If it is rebuilt then the Lake-folk should elect their own new mayor. Bard becomes King of Dale, but even Bilbo shouldn't discover this until years later, when Gandalf and Balin visit him at Bag End. Unfortunately, we don't get this in the film.

From what I gather, the disposition of the Arkenstone is resolved at the funeral. I can't help you with the rest; I haven't seen the EE yet.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Oct 14 2015, 11:00pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 14 2015, 11:19pm

Post #5 of 5 (595 views)
Shortcut
You are welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

For me - just sayin' - I enjoyed the EEHeart - but the resolutions were not my primary interest. So perspectives will differ(: - tho I do hope, one day, PJ & co. offer some comments. Maybe we will get more interviews after the EE release. Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.