Botfa ee spoilers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 14 2015, 3:05am

Post #76 of 193 (1982 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, no [In reply to] Can't Post

I stayed until the lights came up too (hoping) but there was nothing after the credits.

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 3:06am

Post #77 of 193 (1971 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping she would be included somehow too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Flashback or prologue would have worked. Oh well.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 3:07am

Post #78 of 193 (1944 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

AshNazg
Gondor

Oct 14 2015, 3:08am

Post #79 of 193 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Are any of the TE deaths different? [In reply to] Can't Post

For example, Fili's death or Azog's death. Are they exactly the same? Is more blood inserted into these sequences?

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 3:08am

Post #80 of 193 (1918 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing past Dain's Coronation is added except for the little parts in the credits dedicated to Dave (I am very sorry, I cannot recall his last name) and Andrew Lesnie. I'm not sure if Christopher Lee got one too-I think he did I saw Gandalf mentioned, but I blinked and must of missed it.

"Obviously the idea of being human is a very human idea."
-Dominic Monaghan

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 3:09am

Post #81 of 193 (1910 views)
Shortcut
I thought... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw Nori at the part where they were throwing the ax around to each other. Ori was definitely there. I didn't see Dori though.

I think Fili did get at least one "hero moment" during the chariot scene Hobbity Hobbit.

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 3:09am

Post #82 of 193 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Deaths aren't changed at all [In reply to] Can't Post

Except for Bolg's, his is a little more violent. But they all die in the same way, there is a tiny bit more blood, but nothing noticeable.

-Dominic Monaghan

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 3:10am

Post #83 of 193 (1870 views)
Shortcut
So , it is satisfying? [In reply to] Can't Post

I felt DOS EE felt more grounded, dramatic and satisfying, a much more bette rfilm. Did yu get this feeling with this EE?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 3:11am

Post #84 of 193 (1847 views)
Shortcut
The coronation [In reply to] Can't Post

comes immediately after the funeral scene--could have been the same place and right after the company grieves...I'm a little fuzzy on that. Gandalf definitely doesn't have a speech per se.

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 3:12am

Post #85 of 193 (1800 views)
Shortcut
I would say yes, definitely, as per my earlier post: [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so happy right now that my husband has been laughing at me since we left the theater!

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 3:14am

Post #86 of 193 (1769 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Fili is the first [In reply to] Can't Post

to jump onto the ram and cut its traces free from the iron chariot. It is a pretty cool action sequence, but kind of short (of course Tongue).

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 3:14am

Post #87 of 193 (1758 views)
Shortcut
Yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

the movie is very strong and moving. Not all plots get completely wrapped up, but you are given more than enough to appreciate. This movie is WAY more dramatic then it's theatrical version! And very satisfying.

-Dominic Monaghan

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 14 2015, 3:15am

Post #88 of 193 (1735 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I saw Nori at the part where they were throwing the ax around to each other. Ori was definitely there. I didn't see Dori though.

I think Fili did get at least one "hero moment" during the chariot scene Hobbity Hobbit.

That scene was such a funny gag.

If anyone hasn't explained it yet: the dwarves (Bofur, Nori, and Ori?) use a single axe to kill a bunch of orcs; one dwarf tosses it and it lands in an orc's skull, another dwarf grabs it and tosses it in the next skull... and it finally ends back in Bofur's hands, as he catches it just before it lands squarely in the middle of his forehead. Oops! Loved it. Very comical.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding onto, Sam?"

"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 14 2015, 3:17am

Post #89 of 193 (1694 views)
Shortcut
Update - [In reply to] Can't Post

"There's an added dedication near the end of the credits" -

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=876759#876759

AshNazg
Gondor

Oct 14 2015, 3:19am

Post #90 of 193 (1638 views)
Shortcut
Bolg's is more violent? [In reply to] Can't Post

Than being stabbed in the head, falling 100 feet and being crushed by a boulder Crazy

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Oct 14 2015, 3:19am)

QueenCirce
Bree

Oct 14 2015, 3:19am

Post #91 of 193 (1649 views)
Shortcut
An excellent summary! [In reply to] Can't Post

some quick specifics;

1, did Gandalf use his power and lightning to stop the friendly armies form fighting ala the book?
2. Did we see Radagast have any actions scenes aside form the staff pass over, like in DG or at the final battle?
3. Are there new shots of Saruman and elrond fighting ( more magic)
4. Does Gandalf use any magic at all?

Thanks

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 3:21am

Post #92 of 193 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Yes, BUT [In reply to] Can't Post

my expectations weren't high--all I was expecting was the funeral, and since I got that, I feel it's OK. Still have lingering annoyance at unfinished plots, but that's a whole 'nother story...

I felt the gore was ridiculous. I don't really care much about battle scenes so adding more blood and nastier-looking trolls is not a way to satisfy me. I felt that it was similar to ROTK, in that the battle scenes got overblown to the cost of the overall, more important major plotlines. However, we did get a number of character moments in the BOTFA EE, so that helped offset the grossness to some degree.

(This post was edited by Riven Delve on Oct 14 2015, 3:24am)

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 3:23am

Post #93 of 193 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

1 No
2 No
3 Galadriel shows different magic, but yes there are, and they are absolutely amazing! More flips and turns, Elrond jumping on a rock, there's a concept art that I remember that was the exactly the same as a shot in the movie.
4. Yes, he tries to, but it doesn't work. This is the same scene where Alfrid gets launched into a trolls mouth, he's busy trying to fix his staff and moving back as the troll tries to hit him, it isn't working and a coin falls out of the sack from the place that shall not be named, and hits the handle, setting off the catapult. I'm not sure if he used any other magic, I cannot remember I'll try and think over it.

-Dominic Monaghan

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 14 2015, 3:24am

Post #94 of 193 (1540 views)
Shortcut
answers for ya! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
some quick specifics;

1, did Gandalf use his power and lightning to stop the friendly armies form fighting ala the book?
2. Did we see Radagast have any actions scenes aside form the staff pass over, like in DG or at the final battle?
3. Are there new shots of Saruman and elrond fighting ( more magic)
4. Does Gandalf use any magic at all?

Thanks

1. Gandalf did not stop the fighting; he tried to convince Dain it was a bad idea, just like in the TE. What stopped the fighting was the wereworms bringing the orcs to the field.

2. Radagast's only real new scene is the stand handover. He has the same exact screen time in the battle, and he appears briefly at the funeral. *correction* actually I think there was a new shot of Radagast's bunny sled flying over the battle. Can someone confirm?

3. There *might* have been some new shots of Saruman and Elrond fighting, but I think probably not. It's more likely I was just thrilled to see it on the big screen again after so long so it felt new.

4. Gandalf does not use any magic, BUT: he tries to. And thank you for asking, because I tried to add this into my summary post but the edit time had expired! Basically, it's tied to Alfrid's death, which I was actually pretty impressed by because of the poetic justice of it all. So, Gandalf is trying to use the staff to bring about some magic (to kill a giant troll, which is handily besting him), but because, as Radagast said previously, the staff was a little "dicky," it refused to do anything properly. Alfrid shows up, hanging in the payload of a ballista (oops?); one of the coins falls out of his blouse, landing on the lever on the ballista, sending Alfrid flying into the troll's mouth, choking the troll and killing Alfrid. So, Alfrid saves Gandalf. I repeat, Alfrid saves Gandalf.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."

"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

(This post was edited by nusilver on Oct 14 2015, 3:26am)

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 3:24am

Post #95 of 193 (1534 views)
Shortcut
some quick answers: [In reply to] Can't Post

1. nope
2. nope
3. there were some long shots of the fortress, not sure about any extra fighting though
4. nope, he tries to use Radagast's staff and it goes "dicky"

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 14 2015, 3:25am

Post #96 of 193 (1524 views)
Shortcut
yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Than being stabbed in the head, falling 100 feet and being crushed by a boulder Crazy

One of Leggy's knives goes through Bolg's hand, and stays there. Pretty gross, and unexpected.

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 3:26am

Post #97 of 193 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Was there a lot of gore for you? [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw a disturbing amount for the warg chase, but everything was else was almost entirely bloodless.

I remember the chariot flies into the air, and the spikes on the wheels cut off the trolls head and large amount of blood come out with that awful sound. Then the wargs also have lots of blood, the only other thing was rather subtle and in the theatrical version, when Azog's blood goes down the waterfall.

-Dominic Monaghan

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 3:28am

Post #98 of 193 (1443 views)
Shortcut
And Legolas has to twist the knife in his head too. [In reply to] Can't Post

and as nusilver says

One of Leggy's knives goes through Bolg's hand, and stays there.

and then Bolg tries to punch him with it (reminded me a lot of Lurtz and Aragorn at the end of FotR)

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Post #99 of 193 (1430 views)
Shortcut
Only one more minute for Beorn? Wasn't he supposed to have at least a few new scenes? [In reply to] Can't Post

One minute is...disappointing. I was expecting some additional dialogue as well (possibly from a scene where Radagast goes to recruit him).

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Post #100 of 193 (1428 views)
Shortcut
white warg appears? [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.