Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Botfa ee spoilers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 2:06am

Post #1 of 193 (4337 views)
Shortcut
Botfa ee spoilers Can't Post

It was amazing! I'm coming out of the theaters right now. My favorite scene was the funeral and coronation!! I will respond soon with a longer response. By the way the battle is amazing, especially the opening and he bloom is almost non present.

"Obviously the idea of being human is a very human idea."
-Dominic Monaghan

(This post was edited by Hobbity Hobbit on Oct 14 2015, 2:08am)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 2:13am

Post #2 of 193 (4085 views)
Shortcut
at last! thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

what about dol guldur¿

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 14 2015, 2:17am

Post #3 of 193 (4040 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
what about dol guldur¿

Had a great extended sequence at the beginning, with Galadriel. The first in so, so many amazing improvements. The EE fixes 95% of what I disliked about the movie. I am so, so, so, happy. I will also post more, but I leave you with the image of Dain calling Thranduil a pointy-eared princess and a tiddly widdly to tide you over until more spoilers start coming in.

Also, the only new Legolas scene is what we have seen 100% of online already. I know some people will appreciate that!

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding onto, Sam?"

"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 2:18am

Post #4 of 193 (4026 views)
Shortcut
Continued [In reply to] Can't Post

In the beginning it goes by quickly, but it is still great! I wasn't very honest about this because I didn't want to feel this way-but I felt let down a littl bit the first time, but I still liked it. But this was truly magical. I don't want to disappoint you at all, but Beorn and Fili don't get that much screen time but they get more. Also Alfrid does get launched into a trolls mouth, but Radagast gives Gandalf his staff. Also the music is haunting for the funeral, and their faces are heart breaking. The arkenstone is buried with them, and Dain gets a cornonation but it's really short. The battle has become a lot meatier and very different, but the scene where the elves and dwarves attack each other is amazing. You also get lots of Rams and chariots!

-Dominic Monaghan

Jenova

Oct 14 2015, 2:18am

Post #5 of 193 (4016 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

You get an extra scene where the Orc talks about wanting the 3 rings, and they show Gandalfs fire ring. Galadriel gets some pretty badass lines where she threatens the Orc before obliterating him. No new fighting sequences there from what I could tell though.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 2:20am

Post #6 of 193 (3974 views)
Shortcut
No Sauron then? [In reply to] Can't Post

NManfredi
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:21am

Post #7 of 193 (3976 views)
Shortcut
Finally! I cannot believe it! [In reply to] Can't Post

You two have made my day! I was afraid that the EE would only be about battles and Legolas doing more stunts! Im glad that I was wrong!

"Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing! And I have seen it only for an instant in the house of Elrond! Could I not have a sight of it again?"

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 2:23am

Post #8 of 193 (3932 views)
Shortcut
Dol guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron is banished in the same way, the orcs lines are different. He sees the ring of fire and is about to cut off gandalfs hand, then galadriel comes in and speaks in a fierce and harsh voice telling him that she came for mithrandir.
She waves her hand and he bursts into pieces, then there a bunch of amazing shots of saruman and Elrond fighting the nine, and more scenic shots that are amazing. The action feels a lot more grounded, even throughout the whole movie. In the tower scene, legolas dagger goes through Bolgs hand, and he also pushes and turns the sword when he puts it in. Also Dain does not curse as much, and the dwarves say something among may durin bless you.

Also there was a trailer shown that shows the Rams attacking the elves, the sound effects are scary in that scene!!! I'm sorry my posts are messy, I'm on a phone.

-Dominic Monaghan

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 2:25am

Post #9 of 193 (3900 views)
Shortcut
lol thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

im dissapointed they didnt use Sauron more

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:27am

Post #10 of 193 (3852 views)
Shortcut
So worried. [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got back though, and it's AMAZING!!

I definitely get the R rating though, definitely very gory. But the extra battle shots are almost all of the dwarves, and awesome, totally worth it.

Never_Underestimate_A_Dwarf
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:28am

Post #11 of 193 (3821 views)
Shortcut
Some good parts but still disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

I screamed when Bombur spoke.

I'm not sure how I feel about everything else. Mostly action scenes. Not enough of the Company, still.

Justice for Fili

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 2:29am

Post #12 of 193 (3784 views)
Shortcut
Haha teah [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves get some amazing teaming up battle scenes, and balin has a sacrifice scene (but of course he doesn't die). He fends off the orcs as the other take the Rams from chariot and speed towards the mountain. There is hardly any added blood but the warg chase is extremely bloodly. Then Bifurs axe gets stuck in an orca head and they pull it out and he speaks in English and it's hilarious! Bilbo and Bofur have a wonderous scene, when Bofur spots him going to Dale. The battle is very much brought to life, and some lines and music cues that were weird are fixed. There also a bunch of new vey short variations of themes.

-Dominic Monaghan

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 14 2015, 2:30am

Post #13 of 193 (3765 views)
Shortcut
You mean Bifur? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I screamed when Bombur spoke.

I'm not sure how I feel about everything else. Mostly action scenes. Not enough of the Company, still.

You mean Bifur? When did Bombur speak?? I didn't see that...

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."

"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

NManfredi
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:30am

Post #14 of 193 (3758 views)
Shortcut
Are you kidding? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's like they saved the best for the EE! –which of course has its cons– Anyway, i'm terribly excited to see it now! That DVD can't get soon enough!

"Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing! And I have seen it only for an instant in the house of Elrond! Could I not have a sight of it again?"

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 14 2015, 2:31am

Post #15 of 193 (3750 views)
Shortcut
what about the acorn? and the troll hoard?? [In reply to] Can't Post

please tell us!!!!!!!!LaughLaughLaugh

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???
The pig, the life, the bacon

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 2:31am

Post #16 of 193 (3739 views)
Shortcut
what about the wargs in the battle? [In reply to] Can't Post

what is their role? do they charge? are they the war beasts azog refered?

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:32am

Post #17 of 193 (3703 views)
Shortcut
They BOTH do!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

same part

jackster
The Shire

Oct 14 2015, 2:33am

Post #18 of 193 (3668 views)
Shortcut
Can you describe the new beorn scenes? [In reply to] Can't Post

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:34am

Post #19 of 193 (3614 views)
Shortcut
I am not kidding! [In reply to] Can't Post

There is so much more of the dwarves (the company and Dain). I am so happy right now that my husband has been laughing at me since we left the theater!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2015, 2:34am

Post #20 of 193 (3616 views)
Shortcut
What about... [In reply to] Can't Post

Did they wrap up the story line of Thranduil's necklace? And did they show anything extra of Tauriel to show what happens to her? Was there any extra stuff when Bilbo is on his way home?

Lord I give you everything, Anything you want from me
Take my past and my future I lay it at your feet
Yeah, I'm after your heart, you've stolen mine
I give you my all 'cause you gave up your life
I'm not who I was simply because, Oh, you set me free

And you change me from what I used to be
Opened my eyes, now I can see
You're making this life so beautiful
So beautiful

~"Beautiful" by Dan Bremnes

davidjUK
Bree

Oct 14 2015, 2:35am

Post #21 of 193 (3602 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing about Galadriel speaking to Sauron in black speech? Nothing about the Witch King getting the morgul blade back? And does Galadriel just end up lying on the floor for no good reason like in the theatrical?

Little disappointed if so. But at least they've added something to the Dol Guldur sequences.

nusilver
Rohan

Post #22 of 193 (3586 views)
Shortcut
Oh, right :) [In reply to] Can't Post

There was so much to process. I'd forgotten that already!

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Post #23 of 193 (3588 views)
Shortcut
Pretty sure they took out war beasts [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves war machines or chariots come in and hoards of trolls destroy them and it's pretty gruesome. You seen some great action with thranduil and fain who were very much fleshed out and also the dwarves between the trolls. Wargs appear in some scenes running but the most appeared in the chariot scene withy the company, it was pretty violent. One warg was smashed and blood went flying, same with some troll heads. Also some lines and video takes are different, what I like is the different video takes that show their eye movement while speaking but it doesn't appear as much.

-Dominic Monaghan

NManfredi
Rivendell

Oct 14 2015, 2:36am

Post #24 of 193 (3555 views)
Shortcut
haha [In reply to] Can't Post

It must be hard to explain, then! Im glad that's the case!

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 14 2015, 2:37am

Post #25 of 193 (3536 views)
Shortcut
More action scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

He and radagast are there at the funeral. He also wipes out more orcs for another minute, no speaking. There's a scenic shot of him falling off the eagle.

-Dominic Monaghan

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.