Two PJ characters' fates?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Oct 9 2015, 4:13am

Post #26 of 37 (421 views)
Shortcut
For such a well disciplined army [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems a bit strange that there would be no consequences for an officer who disobeyed orders, deserted the prince in the middle of a battle, leaving him to fight on his own, then capped it all by committing high treason by threatening the king.

In Return of the King, the guard captain disobeys the Denethor, for the very good reason that he has gone mad and is trying to murder his son. Despite his impeccable motives, he is still punished by being relieved from guard duty and sent out to battle as a foot soldier. Tauriel didn't have any such excuse, so I would expect her to be stripped of rank at the very least, and possibly sent to do some tedious and low status work for a good while - peeling potatoes or whitewashing stones for example.

I don't think Thranduil would have one of his own executed - especially given his son's affection for her, but he would have to do something, in order to show that there are consequences in his army.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 9 2015, 4:25am

Post #27 of 37 (418 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, probably [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't think of other people of Rhovanion helping rebuild the two cities, but yeah, it's possible.
About Tauriel, I think Thranduil already showed that there were concequences by banishing Tauriel, despite Legolas's affections. Unless they make it clear in the Extended Edition, I don't know if Thranduil would want her back.
I actually did read a few hours ago, that ebery elf, even the Dark Elves, can go to Valinor. However, the Dark and Silvan elves had less, or almost no wish to go there, as they had known no other home than Middle-earth. But it is possible that Tauriel sailed west, seeking relief for her emotional pain.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 9 2015, 5:10am

Post #28 of 37 (407 views)
Shortcut
I love smoked eel [In reply to] Can't Post

It is absolutely delicious. When I was growing up, we used to catch eels regularly in a Kiwi DIY sort of a way (let's just say it involved pantythose and pitchforks). We would use an old clothes dryer as a smoker and the resulting smoked eel was fabulous.
I have always been fascinated by NZ longfin eels (tuna). They can live up to 80 years and can travel great differences over land, and also up and over dams and waterfalls. Their life cycle is quite incredible.
Nowadays I don't want to eat eels, as sadly they are in danger, like so much of our NZ wildlife.
So now they don't need to worry now about ending up smoked, or in any pies at my house!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 9 2015, 6:06pm

Post #29 of 37 (352 views)
Shortcut
Same here *sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

Nowadays I don't want to eat eels, as sadly they are in danger, like so much of our NZ wildlife.

Crab, shellfish, fish, plants, animals, birds. I wish among other things the trend for "McMansions" and other habitat-gobbling development hadn't happened here.Frown

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Oct 9 2015, 7:01pm

Post #30 of 37 (346 views)
Shortcut
It's true he banished her so, if she is effectively sacked, [In reply to] Can't Post

then as a stateless person, she may not have any further responsibilities towards her boss. She would need to find employment elsewhere, after the events of the film. Having said that, when she deserted her boss mid-battle, she was still acting as a soldier, so that ought to count against her, if Thranduil decides to let her return. It certainly showed that she was unfit for her position, and it would be a real slap in the face to her more professional colleagues if she was reinstated. So, either continued banishment, or a few years spud peeling, back in the ranks.

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 9 2015, 7:12pm

Post #31 of 37 (337 views)
Shortcut
I don't think that [In reply to] Can't Post

She would want to return to Mirkwood knowing Thranduil's policy and character - he is an isolationist, she wants to explore the world; that's why I thought she may have gone to the Dark Elves in the far east Orocarni Smile.

TiberiusOgden
Bree

Oct 9 2015, 7:40pm

Post #32 of 37 (331 views)
Shortcut
The mightiest amongst women [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
2. Hilda Bianca, the 'alternative' to Eowyn in the Hobbit, after rallying the Laketown women, does not appear again at all. Do you think she is dead? Or did she survive the battle, but not appear later?
What are your opinions on the fates of these female PJ inventions? Smile

I hope that she dies.Laugh
Cause she will have some strike against orcs according to first Botfa trailer and also she isn't present at the end of movie - when all people are in the Dale and look into the distance.

(This post was edited by TiberiusOgden on Oct 9 2015, 7:41pm)

LSF
Gondor

Oct 9 2015, 7:51pm

Post #33 of 37 (322 views)
Shortcut
Buddies [In reply to] Can't Post

Hilda and Bofur would be awesome hat buddies Tongue

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 9 2015, 7:52pm

Post #34 of 37 (320 views)
Shortcut
If she is dead... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope Alfrid dies too - but we already know he does Sly
Really, I hope she doesn't die; but I guess we *may* see a glimpse of her in the EE, either dead or alive Unimpressed

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 9 2015, 7:57pm

Post #35 of 37 (319 views)
Shortcut
Well yes, BUT [In reply to] Can't Post

In DOS, Legolas said that his father "favored her," and that if she would come back he would forgive her. Also, Thranduil has to realize that his treatment of Tauriel (threatening to kill her) cost him Legolas. I think it's possible that, since he is King and his word is law, that he could forgive her and rescind the banishment, though perhaps not reinstating her as Captain of the Guard. The bigger question is whether SHE would want to go back. There's also Lothlorien to consider, would she not be welcome there?

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

ThorinsNemesis
Lorien

Oct 9 2015, 8:12pm

Post #36 of 37 (304 views)
Shortcut
Lothlorien and Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I don't think Tauriel would want to go back, since she cares for other lands, while Thranduil doesn't care for them ever since he lost his wife; so she probably refused to return.
As for Lothlorien, if we imagine she was alive and existing during Lotr movies, if she was in Lothlorien Legolas would have been anxious to meet her, or we would have seen her there Wink. But, that aside, I guess it's possible, since we can only guess unless something about her fate pops up in the EE.

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Oct 10 2015, 2:32pm

Post #37 of 37 (250 views)
Shortcut
Welcome as what? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There's also Lothlorien to consider, would she not be welcome there?

I think that bunch run a very tight ship - they wouldn't welcome someone who just does what she wants, regardless of the consequences. She might get a job doing something with little responsibility, I suppose.

Personally, I think she goes back home and is put on latrine duty for a hundred years or so - punishments would need to be long for an elf, in order to have any meaning. So, at the time of ROTK, she would still have been making a valuable contribution to the war effort, but not a very cinematic one.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.