The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Smaug cast in pewter

KotteTheHalfling
The Shire

Oct 8 2015, 9:44am

Post #1 of 5 (818 views)
Shortcut
Smaug cast in pewter Can't Post

I have the great luck and honour of knowing many creative friends who own their own workshops and smithys, and they love sharing their knowledge and materials. One friend in particular has invited me around to try casting at his smithy, and yesterday I visited for the second time. I had made a model of Smaug's head in Super Sculpey, and after using a sand mould I cast it in pewter. It came out looking great, though the following attempts resulted in ugly marks.
Next time will be bronze, which I think suits Smaug better ;)
http://adnaurian.deviantart.com/...-in-pewter-564934261

CamdenMcAndrews
Rivendell

Oct 8 2015, 11:14am

Post #2 of 5 (804 views)
Shortcut
Beautimous! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great idea!

Susan
Bree

Oct 8 2015, 8:12pm

Post #3 of 5 (776 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Incredible work. I'd love to see your bronze cast as well, when you're done with it.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Oct 24 2015, 1:48pm

Post #4 of 5 (662 views)
Shortcut
That's terrific [In reply to] Can't Post

It's gorgeous. Great job. Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

RangerScout
The Shire

Nov 27 2016, 6:05pm

Post #5 of 5 (324 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to be able to do that. Your coffee paintings on the same website are great too, I especially like the ones of Faramir and Bilbo. Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.