Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOTFA SEE bonus list from German rating board FSK!

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 7 2015, 11:54am

Post #1 of 14 (1472 views)
Shortcut
BOTFA SEE bonus list from German rating board FSK! Can't Post

The German ratings board, FSK, has listed the bonus materials for BOTFA SEE with the corresponding runtimes and (German) age ratings, together with the official titles. Unfortunately, some of them have been abridged.

https://www.spio-fsk.de/...arte.asp?vvid=120802

Interestingly, it lists the "Andrew Lesnie Remembered" featurette even longer than the last BBFC listing: 05:53 seconds! (BBFC listed it with 5:30 End of September, and 4:27 in August).

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 7 2015, 12:11pm

Post #2 of 14 (1418 views)
Shortcut
160:02 minutes... [In reply to] Can't Post

... for the commentary.

Question would be whether this is the length of the commentary itself (which usually ends shortly after the credits start) or the run-time of the entire movie... which would mean 16 minutes total of extended runtime.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 7 2015, 12:19pm)

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Oct 7 2015, 12:37pm

Post #3 of 14 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Wait [In reply to] Can't Post

Am I wrong or where is all the Dol Guldur stuff ?
Cant see it anywhere.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 7 2015, 12:46pm

Post #4 of 14 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Cut off [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, several of the titles are cut off (all the "Realms of the Third Age" and "Beneath the Thunder" featurettes).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Oct 7 2015, 12:48pm

Post #5 of 14 (1352 views)
Shortcut
True, thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Shagrat
Gondor

Oct 7 2015, 1:30pm

Post #6 of 14 (1272 views)
Shortcut
It must be that they end it a few minutes before the credits finish [In reply to] Can't Post

As the FSK have previously rated the film itself at several minutes longer.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 7 2015, 1:31pm

Post #7 of 14 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Ah, good to know, thanks for the info. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 7 2015, 1:56pm

Post #8 of 14 (1221 views)
Shortcut
Panic not.... [In reply to] Can't Post

On the BBFC site there are ratings for 'In the dungeons of the Necromancer - Dol Guldur' 28 mins 44 secs and 'Dol Guldur - the Hill of Sorcery' 28 mins 45 secs. Possibly two versions of the same thing or two different. They've been rating items for the EE documentaries since August, see here (the last 12 items on the list)

And here - I see the last one is dated today

And they still haven't rated the extended cut of the film.

DjU
Lorien

Oct 7 2015, 6:09pm

Post #9 of 14 (981 views)
Shortcut
Different things [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
On the BBFC site there are ratings for 'In the dungeons of the Necromancer - Dol Guldur' 28 mins 44 secs and 'Dol Guldur - the Hill of Sorcery' 28 mins 45 secs. Possibly two versions of the same thing or two different. They've been rating items for the EE documentaries since August, see here (the last 12 items on the list)

And here - I see the last one is dated today

And they still haven't rated the extended cut of the film.

'In the dungeons of the Necromancer - Dol Guldur' 28 mins 44 secs is the bit from the Chronicles

'Dol Guldur - the Hill of Sorcery' 28 mins 45 secs is the segment from the Realms of the Third Age.

DjU
Lorien

Oct 7 2015, 6:49pm

Post #10 of 14 (930 views)
Shortcut
BBFC Equivalent [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is the equivalent listings from the BBFC. (Apart from the Film/Commentary the only thing that doesn't seem to have been logged by the BBFC yet is the Fire & Water segment from the Chronicles)

The Appendices Part 11: The Gathering Storm - The Chronicles of The Hobbit – Part 3

OPENING 3m 33s

IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE NECROMANCER - DOL GULDUR - MAY 2011 28m 44s
Fire And Water - Attack On The Lake-Town 028:42
UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE MOUNTAIN - ROCK & PILLAR - NOVEMBER 2011 17m 8s
IN THE WAKE OF THE DRAGON - LAKE PUKAKI DECEMBER 2011 26m 11s
THE GATHERING OF THE CLOUDS - EREBOR - MAY-JUNE 2012 28m 46s
MANY PARTINGS - END OF PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY - JUNE 2012 28m 38s
THE CLOUDS BURST - DALE - JUNE 2013 28m 26s
A LAST DESPERATE STAND - RAVENHILL - JUNE 2013 28m 47s
OUT FROM THE GATE - EREBOR PICK-UPS - JULY 2013 28m 44s
THE LAST STAGE - JULY 26TH, 2013 - 32 mins 34 secs

CREDITS 14m 38s

The Appendices Part 12: Here at Journey's End

Beneath The Thunder: Forging The Battle
A MASTER PLAN, LONG IN THE MAKING 28m 43s
ON THE FRONT LINES OF THE VIRTUAL BATTLEFIELD 28m 39s
TURNING THE TIDE 28m 20s

The Peoples and Denizens of Middle-Earth:
TAURIEL - DAUGHTER OF THE FOREST 26m 21s
THRANDUIL - THE KING OF WOOD AND STONE 28m 48s
DAIN IRONFOOT - LORD OF THE IRON HILLS 28m 46s

Realms of the Third Age - From the City of Dale to the Halls of Erebror:
DALE OF OLD - CITY OF MEN 28m 44s
DOL GULDUR - THE HILL OF SORCERY 28m 45s
EREBOR - THE LONELY MOUNTAIN 28m 46s

FAREWELL FRIENDS 31m 32s

ANDREW LESNIE REMEMBERED 5m 30s

The Hobbit Archives
BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 2011 GREETING 11m 12s
THE REAL ADAM BROWN 5m 9s
"RIVERS OF GOLD" MUSIC VIDEO 4m 15s

CREDITS 7m 41s

Dcole4
Rohan

Oct 7 2015, 7:08pm

Post #11 of 14 (906 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like an exciting bunch of features. Very excited for the Dol Guldur stuff, hopefully they'll showcase some of the abandoned Beorn in Dol Guldur footage that doesn't seem to have made the official EE. I'd also love for them to go into Thrain a bit more.

Only disappointment is that we aren't getting a feature on the script. I guess with all the flipping around and re-working might make them less than keen to show fans that side of the process.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 7 2015, 7:51pm

Post #12 of 14 (836 views)
Shortcut
And a feature on the costuming, for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I've loved the costume aesthetics through all the films, and would have loved to see a loving treatise on the costuming and weapons - I suppose some of this will get touched on, and also be in the Chronicles books, but I think that aspect would merit a feature - for all the cosplayers and crafty folks.

And there's some stuff - well, I won't watch it. But that's OK. IMO we are fortunate to get all this extra material at all. I wish/hope all the trailers and TV spots are on the disks.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 7 2015, 7:53pm

Post #13 of 14 (833 views)
Shortcut
At this [In reply to] Can't Post

At this point you would get just as good or better quality if you just downloaded the TV spots from Youtube/Facebook/HD Trailers

LSF
Gondor

Oct 7 2015, 7:58pm

Post #14 of 14 (826 views)
Shortcut
costumes [In reply to] Can't Post

They did a pretty good part on the costumes/weapons in the AUJ Appendices. But yeah, one for the BOFA costumes/weapons would be very nice.

Then again, I could watch for hours stuff covering design things, so... Tongue

(This post was edited by LSF on Oct 7 2015, 7:59pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.