Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What is your favorite tree or forest in Middle-earth (The Hobbit and LOTR)?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What is your favorite tree or forest in Middle-earth (The Hobbit and LOTR)?
Treebeard
The White Tree of Gondor
Mallorn Tree
Lothlorien
Old Man Willow
The Party Tree
Mirkwood
Fangorn
The entwives
Honorable Mention: Thorin's Oakenshield
Other
The Old Forest
Telperion and Laurelin
Huorns
View Results (77 votes)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Oct 7 2015, 1:25am

Post #26 of 33 (1207 views)
Shortcut
I like your read on OMW, Na Vedui [In reply to] Can't Post

The likeness you see between the tree and the fungi-like spread of his power is fascinating. Tolkien's chilling description now seems even more so....

FACT: having your mentality compared to a fungus is seldom a flattering thing.

Cool

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Oct 7 2015, 1:30am

Post #27 of 33 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Meneldor, you'd better [In reply to] Can't Post

else I'll ask Radagast to bop you on the head with his staff!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 8 2015, 3:27am

Post #28 of 33 (1137 views)
Shortcut
I voted for Lothlorien and also "other": Woody End [In reply to] Can't Post

I've always loved the meeting with Gildor at Woody End, and the view of Woodhall through the trees, a moment when the familiar village is suddenly seen from outside, and the familiar stars are seen from the point of view of the elves.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 9 2015, 1:42am

Post #29 of 33 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Treebeard and Lothlorien. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Treebeard! He's one of my favorite Lotr/Hobbit characters in the series! (books and movies!) and I picked Lothlorien, I love that woods. The forest is so beautiful and mysteries!

(I also liked the mention of Thorin! Wink )

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2015, 8:38am

Post #30 of 33 (997 views)
Shortcut
The Mallorn and Lothlorien [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien's descriptions of the Mallorn and of Lothlorien truly capture my imagination. And even though I'm terrified of heights, I'd love to live on a flet in a great Mallorn tree.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2015, 8:40am

Post #31 of 33 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I've always loved the meeting with Gildor at Woody End, and the view of Woodhall through the trees, a moment when the familiar village is suddenly seen from outside, and the familiar stars are seen from the point of view of the elves.

That's one of my favorite scenes from the books. Smile

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Oct 27 2015, 12:21am

Post #32 of 33 (778 views)
Shortcut
Party tree! [In reply to] Can't Post

My friends' have a huge tree in the center of their backyard and we do quite a bit of partying there. I always refer to it as the party tree but unfortunately they don't really know what I'm talking about.

malickfan
Gondor

Oct 28 2015, 7:21pm

Post #33 of 33 (753 views)
Shortcut
Lothlorien [In reply to] Can't Post

Although the actual description isn't that detailed, there's an otherworldly sense of timeless magic and forgotten mystery about those chapters in the book (and I love this section in the film), and I think that would be the one forest in Middle Earth that really gives a true sense of its wonders and power, I've seen some very impressive fan work of it online, and I think it would be pretty fun to pick Galadriel's brains on matters of Forestry...
I suppose Mirkwood and The Old Forest would have their own mysterious charms...but massive spiders and evil trees would turn me off the idea I think!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.