Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
A day late, and a dollar short. Yesterday was the 10th Anniversary of the release of "Serenity".
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Maciliel
Valinor

Oct 3 2015, 5:47pm

Post #51 of 60 (360 views)
Shortcut
he made an appearance on "frasier" [In reply to] Can't Post

he made an appearance on "frasier" as a dot.com millionaire / billionare who was a fan of frasier's and would up slavishly copying everything about him (including his apartment) --- he was +hysterical+ and +so good+ in that part.

i think it's funny that even though he's not immediate family, there may be something in the genetics that play themselves out in the mannerisms into which you would have special insight.

cheers :)

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2015, 5:53pm

Post #52 of 60 (361 views)
Shortcut
Ain't we just. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

*high five*

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 3 2015, 7:21pm

Post #53 of 60 (352 views)
Shortcut
It's an ear! [In reply to] Can't Post

What're we gonna do, clone him?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 3 2015, 11:27pm

Post #54 of 60 (347 views)
Shortcut
He looks better in red. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, here I am.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 5 2015, 1:29am

Post #55 of 60 (333 views)
Shortcut
*raises hand* Guilty!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 5 2015, 1:47am

Post #56 of 60 (338 views)
Shortcut
Wash, tell me I'm pretty. [In reply to] Can't Post

Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion.
Because I'm pretty?
Because you're pretty.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 9 2015, 5:05pm

Post #57 of 60 (306 views)
Shortcut
Mine is when he's being interviewed by the Alliance guy.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 9 2015, 5:36pm

Post #58 of 60 (309 views)
Shortcut
"...and where her back meets her legs, that whole area. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you ever been with a warrior woman?"

I love how that exchange comes after Zoe's comment, "Don't see that it's any of your business. We're very private people."

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 9 2015, 6:18pm

Post #59 of 60 (306 views)
Shortcut
"...and above it." [In reply to] Can't Post

As I noted above, Jayne's "interview" is also one of my favorites.

smtfhw
Lorien

Oct 10 2015, 2:08am

Post #60 of 60 (300 views)
Shortcut
That's it! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's still my favourite line... and I have a tendency to quote it at odd moments at

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.