Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
New York ComicCon - party with TheOneRing.net and WETA!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 28 2015, 7:33am

Post #1 of 6 (5465 views)
Shortcut
New York ComicCon - party with TheOneRing.net and WETA! Can't Post

It's almost October already - and that means New York ComicCon is almost upon us! As ever, TORn will be there.

You can find us at the convention at Booth 3040 - same spot as last year! We'll have t-shirts, buttons, lanyards and more for sale, as well as the usual cool giveaways and fun stuff. We're not giving a panel this year - instead, we're hosting a 'forum/discussion group', on Friday 9th Oct 4-5pm. We'll be chatting and reminiscing about the seventeen years which have flown by, since Peter Jackson got going on pre-production for his Lord of the Rings trilogy and TORn was founded. Come and share your memories of this unexpected journey! Venue TBA - we'll let you know asap, and hope you can join us! (We very well may also include some gossip on just what might be in the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies...)

Most importantly, we are of course throwing a PARTY! Ringers Take Manhattan again! Once again this year our co-hosts and sponsors for the party are Weta, who will be attending the convention as well. We look forward to partying with them - and YOU - on Thursday 8th October.

You don't have to be coming to New York ComicCon itself to come along to our party - all you have to do is buy a ticket here! In return for which, you get a private party (with TORn staff, folks from Weta, fellow fans and maybe even some special guests...), with food, music, goody bags and some great giveaways. Your ticket price includes your first drink, the buffet, goody bag and two raffle tickets - and you get all this for only $35/ticket. However - numbers are limited to this exclusive event, so don't delay - buy your tickets now! Click here to purchase.

More details of all you can look forward to at New York ComicCon to come... Meanwhile, buy those party tickets and we look forward to seeing you in the Big Apple!

[Click here to buy Ringers Take Manhattan 2015 tickets]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 28 2015, 1:43pm)

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Sep 29 2015, 12:48am

Post #2 of 6 (5427 views)
Shortcut
shout out [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear TORN partiers, and Green Dragon,

I wish I could make it this year but I have no paid days off left at my job (work evenings).

The location this year is a bit far uptown? I guess that it was too late to book one of the pub halls closer to the Javits Center. Shocked
Regards,
Ann Kalagon

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2015, 12:34am

Post #3 of 6 (5034 views)
Shortcut
BTW, [In reply to] Can't Post

that is a quality nickname. SmileSmile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

elentari3018
Rohan

Oct 8 2015, 1:29am

Post #4 of 6 (4896 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Who is going on the boards? Please PM me if you are-- i might show if i "see" a familiar name. ;) :)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

MaxGoof

Sep 20 2016, 4:07am

Post #5 of 6 (3610 views)
Shortcut
NYCC 2016? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will information about TOR's presence at NYCC 2016 be posted soon? :)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 20 2016, 2:50pm

Post #6 of 6 (3597 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know the team just wrapped up Dragon Con, and the next item is NYCC. I don't know exactly when, but watch the Home Page for announcements.Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.