Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

CFGriffith
The Shire

Aug 22 2015, 1:47pm

Post #576 of 666 (96341 views)
Shortcut
I posted one! : [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, dernwyn! I just did a post in the fan art section with plenty of links. I hope I didn't make it sound too exciting -- I have a lot of things planned, and not as many things finished. The "blending" thing I explain a little better there hopefully. It just seems to be how I'm approaching drawing using Richard as Thorin so far. Once I do "from the book" art, I'd be trying to work as much as possible from what I'm reading (I'm trying not to look at other artists while I'm reading The Silmarillion so I don't accidentally "see" things the way they read it). All art on my dA currently is The Hobbit only. I'm so far behind, and working so slowly these days... I'll get there though! :D

Oakensword
The Shire

Oct 3 2015, 9:33pm

Post #577 of 666 (95056 views)
Shortcut
Hi :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

How're you guys doing, my name's Richard (or Oakensword as my imagination spat out). I've been a big Tolkien fan since I saw PJ's Fellowship in 2001 (that old chestnut) but I never really thought to go on forums at the time. I figured I should before the last of BOTFA comes and goes but I'm hoping to stick around for longer. Wink
I've seen your guys' forums through search engines and the likes; all.roads I go down seem to lead here so I figured this is where I ought to be. Smile
See you guys shortly! Laugh

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 4 2015, 12:13am

Post #578 of 666 (94873 views)
Shortcut
"It’s dangerous to go alone!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to TORN. I like your avatar!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Oakensword
The Shire

Oct 4 2015, 12:31am

Post #579 of 666 (94617 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, dude! [In reply to] Can't Post

Any fan of Zelda's gotta be a friend of mine Cool

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Oct 4 2015, 9:36pm

Post #580 of 666 (95949 views)
Shortcut
*peeks out of her corner* "Hi........" [In reply to] Can't Post

I lurked quite a bit a while back, but only just now actually made an account. I guess I like sharing my thoughts.....when I have them Wink

Maciliel
Valinor

Oct 4 2015, 9:38pm

Post #581 of 666 (96485 views)
Shortcut
mae govannen, sparrowruth : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen, sparrowruth : )

i +love+ (love) your name.

please to feel (very) free to continue to share your thoughts.

many cheers, and welcome ---

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Maciliel
Valinor

Oct 4 2015, 9:43pm

Post #582 of 666 (95638 views)
Shortcut
hallo! :) my name is maciliel! [In reply to] Can't Post

hallo! my name is macilliel. i mostly just lurk, and am more than a bit shy... but it's so nice to meet you all!

(wait.... should i have posted this a few years ago?)

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

wayward_halfling

Nov 20 2015, 6:15pm

Post #583 of 666 (88609 views)
Shortcut
Hello :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone! I am a long time lurker and first time joiner haha

My name is Nicole, I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada and I am 29 years old.

I've been a fan of Tolkien since high school, the Fellowship of the Ring film being my introduction. I was smitten. I've watched the films more times then I can count, and have re-read the Lord of the Rings until they are falling apart. I also just re-read the Hobbit, am reading LotR currently, and plan on reading on through all the other Middle Earth books I haven't read yet.

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 20 2015, 6:20pm

Post #584 of 666 (88460 views)
Shortcut
Greetings, wayward! [In reply to] Can't Post

And glad you de-lurked! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 20 2015, 6:24pm

Post #585 of 666 (90610 views)
Shortcut
Greetings, Maciliel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you...uh...decided to...er...make use of this thread! Laugh

Now, just remember, if you ever need anything, you can contact one of the friendly Admins, we're always watching you - ah, that is, watching out for you, yeah, that's it...Angelic

wayward_halfling

Nov 20 2015, 6:27pm

Post #586 of 666 (90173 views)
Shortcut
oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh no, am I not supposed to post here? Do people not do that? Is that not cool any more? haha

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 20 2015, 7:26pm

Post #587 of 666 (89347 views)
Shortcut
Heh! [In reply to] Can't Post

You'd better click to view this in Threaded mode, wayward, I'm teasing Mac! Laugh

Meneldor
Valinor

Nov 20 2015, 11:47pm

Post #588 of 666 (89460 views)
Shortcut
Speaking as the self-appointed arbiter of all things cool, [In reply to] Can't Post

I hereby declare wayward to be part of the in crowd.

Just remember, you're on probation, so don't blow it. Wink
Jump right in, w_h, you'll be fine.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2015, 12:50pm

Post #589 of 666 (87642 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to official membership! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you've lurked for a while, you probably can tell that almost anything goes here... and do check out the Welcome section to learn what doesn't.
We have a lot of fun on and off topic.

What part of Nova Scotia are you from? I'm living in south Texas and would love to visit Wink

See you around!

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Vilkans

Dec 13 2015, 6:44pm

Post #590 of 666 (77532 views)
Shortcut
Greetings [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everybody,
Adam from Poland here, I hope to spend some good times here.
I fell in love with Middle-Earth in my early teens, taking a rather unusual route and starting with Silmarillion. Tolkien had a great impact on me, I took interest in languages and old literature. Although I've started with fantasy, today I'd read anything from Lovecraft to Orwell.
Have a good day :)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 13 2015, 8:36pm

Post #591 of 666 (75721 views)
Shortcut
Mae govannen! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Jerusha

Dec 25 2015, 7:18pm

Post #592 of 666 (70434 views)
Shortcut
Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Pontmercy here from Barlimans.

~Pontmercy

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 25 2015, 7:36pm

Post #593 of 666 (70837 views)
Shortcut
Hi there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome! It's great to see you here. I've not jumped into Barliman's for sometime, now.

Hope you enjoy things around here. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Lond-Daer

Dec 29 2015, 6:41pm

Post #594 of 666 (68099 views)
Shortcut
Not sure how this works but will give it a go! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam from Cheshire in the UK. I have been viewing the boards for a little while and thought I should join.

Particularly enjoyed the Reading Room discussions about the read-through as I am more a book-verse than a movie-verse fan, not to say I didn't enjoy the movies of course.

I look forward to hopefully being an active member of your community and engaging in some sensible if not lively debate concerning all things Tolkien and perhaps other things besides. Smile

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 29 2015, 6:53pm

Post #595 of 666 (66970 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you decided to jump in!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 30 2015, 10:25am

Post #596 of 666 (68469 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Make yourself at home. Smile

Stone

Jan 6 2016, 7:20pm

Post #597 of 666 (66753 views)
Shortcut
Am I doing this right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all. My name is Chris. I am 42 years old and I live in Georgetown, KY, USA. I have been married for 17+ years, and I'm a father of 3 sons - 10, 6, and 2. I am a life-long Tolkien and Star Wars fan.

Question - Is the way to post always using the "Reply tab", or is there a "Post" tab?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 6 2016, 8:49pm

Post #598 of 666 (66687 views)
Shortcut
You're doing fine... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there!

You can use Post New, but that starts a new, original thread. From an existing thread you can only "Reply To This Post" or use "Quote" which begins your reply by including the text of the post to which you're responding.

Or you can go to "Your Mesgs" at the top of the page to send a Private Message (PM).

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 6 2016, 8:52pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 6 2016, 9:07pm

Post #599 of 666 (64579 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Stone

Jan 7 2016, 2:32am

Post #600 of 666 (64996 views)
Shortcut
Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to meet you.Wink

First page Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.