Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Do you have to buy the tickets in advance to see the showing of the EE

Bree

Oct 3 2015, 6:48pm

Post #1 of 18 (3001 views)
Shortcut
Do you have to buy the tickets in advance to see the showing of the EE Can't Post

Or if I just go just right before the showing can I buy the ticket?

balbo biggins
Rohan

Oct 3 2015, 10:08pm

Post #2 of 18 (2863 views)
Shortcut
? [In reply to] Can't Post

have you been to a cinema before lol cinemas have a booking system,andif it doesnt sell out you can purchase them on the door, but you might find they are sold out when you arrive!

ask your local cinema!!!!!

AshNazg
Gondor

Oct 3 2015, 10:24pm

Post #3 of 18 (2851 views)
Shortcut
*thread hijack* I have a proposal... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I propose that everyone on these boards watches AUJ on or around the 5th Oct, whether in the cinema or at home or however. I suggest a thread is made to once more discuss and review AUJ specifically, as we revisit it.

I also recommend viewers try to blank their minds of everything LotR/TH - books or films - and try to view AUJ freshly, as a stand-alone movie, as if seeing it for the first time. The thread should last us at least until the 7th when we can collectively do the same for DoS. Smile

This is our last big anticipation of a Middle-earth movie release, and I think this would make a great build-up for the final instalment. #OneLastTime

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Oct 3 2015, 10:27pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 4 2015, 1:58am

Post #4 of 18 (2775 views)
Shortcut
Ignore the snark. [In reply to] Can't Post

Some people forget what it's like to be new.

I bought my tickets a week ago, but like any movie theater, you can probably buy tickets the night of the event. However, I would recommend you purchase tickets for the Battle of Five Armies show because it's the first time the Extended Edition will be shown, and it won't be available for a couple months.

I would check with the cinema near you that is showing the Extended Editions to see if they are requiring tickets in advance.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 4 2015, 2:23am

Post #5 of 18 (2758 views)
Shortcut
Not lso long now... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
However, I would recommend you purchase tickets for the Battle of Five Armies show because it's the first time the Extended Edition will be shown, and it won't be available for a couple months.

Only a month-and-a-half and counting! But advance tickets for the theatrical showing is still a good idea!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 4 2015, 4:46am

Post #6 of 18 (2721 views)
Shortcut
I'll do it. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you make the thread, I'll participate.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 4 2015, 11:28am

Post #7 of 18 (2615 views)
Shortcut
great! [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Eruonen
Half-elven

Oct 4 2015, 5:31pm

Post #8 of 18 (2499 views)
Shortcut
My local theater has only sold 6 seats.....nobody knows about it! [In reply to] Can't Post

No marketing, no trailers, not even Fathom Event info before the movie which is odd because they do it with Metropolitan Opera and other performances.

P.S. Crystal Lake, IL Regal

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Oct 4 2015, 5:32pm)

LSF
Gondor

Oct 4 2015, 6:20pm

Post #9 of 18 (2457 views)
Shortcut
Nobody knows [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, the really nice theater I'm going to near Denver has only sold 12 seats for BOFA. Though there's another week left to buy tickets for that one. Still kind of weird, since I was hearing that some other places sold out quickly for it.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Oct 4 2015, 6:24pm

Post #10 of 18 (2455 views)
Shortcut
What I don't understand is the lack of Fathom Event marketing. [In reply to] Can't Post

They typically run event previews but I have not seen any for the EEs.
Has anyone seen such previews?

AUJ EE - 6 sold
DOS EE - 2 sold
BOFA EE - 2 sold

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Oct 4 2015, 6:27pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 4 2015, 6:28pm

Post #11 of 18 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Good gawds..... [In reply to] Can't Post

No marketing, no trailers, not even Fathom Event info before the movie which is odd because they do it with Metropolitan Opera and other performances.

Hmm, I am hoping to get to "Everest" or "Martian" next weekend, or maybe late this week...last film I went to at a Cinemark had the Fathom event trailer - but that was a while ago. I know our East coast theaters advertise the Met performances, and classic movie showings, concerts, and just about everything.

Only thing I can think of, is cost cutting as I guess you pay to advertise - or depending on the fan community, which I think WB if not Fathom has done on the past - which, for "one last time" IMO is kind of sorry. But maybe things will ramp up this week? I still think it was a mistake not to do these as a marathon, and around the world, at that.Unimpressed

LSF
Gondor

Oct 4 2015, 6:29pm

Post #12 of 18 (2445 views)
Shortcut
Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

I rarely go see movies, so I haven't seen it in theater Tongue

But other people on here have mentioned seeing the fathom event trailer before other movies.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 4 2015, 6:46pm

Post #13 of 18 (2430 views)
Shortcut
I did. [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw one when I saw Black Mass a few weeks ago.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Oct 4 2015, 6:49pm

Post #14 of 18 (2429 views)
Shortcut
It seems odd because why even bother with the showings? [In reply to] Can't Post

At least make people aware of them. 99.999% of people do not read Tolkien websites.

LSF
Gondor

Oct 4 2015, 7:07pm

Post #15 of 18 (2416 views)
Shortcut
theater marathon [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know how to feel about same-day theater marathons... don't think I could do it Tongue Especially for movies as long as LOTR/Hobbit. In my own home where I can sit on a nice couch, pause it to use the bathroom and get snacks/meals without missing anything? Yeah, can do.

Speaking of, the total runtime for all 6 EEs is 21+ hours... who among you would do a theater marathon like that? Wink

This christmas, my family and I are planning to do the Middle Earth EE marathon. Hobbit one day, LOTR the next.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Oct 5 2015, 12:27am

Post #16 of 18 (2336 views)
Shortcut
It must be like the TE trailers, only seen with certain movie previews. [In reply to] Can't Post

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 5 2015, 2:27am

Post #17 of 18 (2299 views)
Shortcut
7 days! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Some people forget what it's like to be new.

I bought my tickets a week ago, but like any movie theater, you can probably buy tickets the night of the event. However, I would recommend you purchase tickets for the Battle of Five Armies show because it's the first time the Extended Edition will be shown, and it won't be available for a couple months.

I would check with the cinema near you that is showing the Extended Editions to see if they are requiring tickets in advance.

The digital edition is available on Oct 20th worldwide. That's seven days, not a couple of months. If the OP wants to watch the film soon and misses the theater showing, it won't be too long until another opportunity comes up :)

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 6 2015, 9:02pm

Post #18 of 18 (2122 views)
Shortcut
Always! [In reply to] Can't Post

'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
And never be met with again!'

"Mister Frodo, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good frying pan at your side. I’ve been from one side of this garden to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Providence controlling everything. There's no Music of the Ainur that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.