Favorite Musical Theme
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 3 2015, 8:06pm

Post #26 of 30 (824 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

It does, although not directly after Sheeran's song.

I meant not during the films (as in excluding the credits).

Susan
Bree

Oct 4 2015, 2:32am

Post #27 of 30 (787 views)
Shortcut
Misty Mountains Cold, Kili/Tauriel's Theme, Sons of Durin// [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 4 2015, 10:24am

Post #28 of 30 (758 views)
Shortcut
In reply [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My point was that the scores are not represented very well in the films, so simply watching the films won't give a great reflection of Shore's work.

I guess my stance is that I don't want to 'work hard' to listen to the music in order to find things I like in it, or to listen to it 'in its own right'. I wanted to like it like I do the music for LotR. Each piece of the LotR music is forever associated with certain scenes in the films for me, and it is astonishingly well matched to the scenes portrayed.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 4 2015, 12:52pm

Post #29 of 30 (738 views)
Shortcut
Re In reply [In reply to] Can't Post

That's fair enough.

It's a shame the film makers made the choices they did with the Hobbit scores, rather than the letting the score flow with a prominent role in the LOTR scores. Because Shore has written such brilliant music for these films, and yet all too often I hear people saying he's given up or isn't very good any more - based on the poor representation of his music in the films.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 4 2015, 6:55pm

Post #30 of 30 (709 views)
Shortcut
Erebor charge IMO is uplifting - a favorite scene *luv* [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the one that plays when Thorin leads the charge out of the Mountain too - is that 'Sons of Durin'?

Geez, I love how that was doneHeartHeartHeart. So muchHeartHeartHeart. Bombur blowing the horn in HIS amazing armor...IMO even the horn is amazing.....

And the charge w. the camera angle between the shields, and that bang of spears on shields as an accent? in the music - I'd follow Thorin into seven hells "To the King!" CoolCoolCool

I can't always connect the names of themes either - tho at times it's "maddening" to hear changes
in the soundtracks vs. the film. And I think for this film, with some action - like the barrel ride I am too
busy paying attention to the action, to really hear the music.

PS. Needless to say, I suppose, the Erebor charge was one of Thorin's hair's FINEST action momentsTongue, only surpassed I think later
in the film at Ravenhill.WinkLaughAngelicEvil So I am happy the music was suitably epic, for such an event.Wink

PS2. Please let there be more dwarves fighting in battle in the EE, plz let there be more dwarves fighting in battle in the EE....

HeartHeartHeart

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.