Guert
Rivendell

Oct 2 2015, 4:24pm

Post #1 of 14 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Trilogy Trailer - More Dol Guldur confirmed for EE Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/TheHobbitMovie?fref=nf

Can't wait !

(This post was edited by Guert on Oct 2 2015, 4:25pm)

Dcole4
Rohan

Oct 2 2015, 4:35pm

Post #2 of 14 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Ummm... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the exact same trailer that has been circulating for a while, and none of the DG footage is new, it's all from the TE.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2015, 4:36pm

Post #3 of 14 (2281 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering when we'd get another false alarm thread.Wink

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 2 2015, 4:38pm

Post #4 of 14 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Looks like more of the battle too [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like more Beorn, the chariot, more glimpses of the battle down on the battlefield, more Legolas in the battle (darn it! Crazy), more Dol Guldur, more little snippets of dialogue....

I can't wait! I also noticed that they said "over 20 minutes" of never before seen footage so that also gives me a little hope Evil

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 2 2015, 4:39pm

Post #5 of 14 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Are you sure it's the same one? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not certain- the beginning of the trailer said "In one week". Now I have to go compare it to the first one Wink

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2015, 4:48pm

Post #6 of 14 (2255 views)
Shortcut
That's the only difference. [In reply to] Can't Post

It has the same content. The only EE stuff in it is Bard on the rooftops, catapult troll at the gate, wide shot of Dale with elf army, dwarf rams charging, dwarf ballistas, the chariot chase, Gundabad army lowering spears, and Legolas doing Legolas stuff upside down. And that was all in the trailer a month ago.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Oct 2 2015, 4:48pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 2 2015, 5:03pm

Post #7 of 14 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Can you TASTE the SALT? [In reply to] Can't Post

E.g., if you don't happen to live in the U.S. Or even if you do, and perhaps have a 6-hour round trip in possibly bad weather to even attempt to go to this....

Not that I am a great humanitarian battling for equality for Middle Earth fans everywhereCool - it's just...well, I remember the fan event for DOS. IMO that was just the coolest thing, that if you couldn't be at the theaters 'round the world, you could be on a computer with people around the globe - it just felt like such a special thing, being part of an excited, happy, global community and then that sneak peek! HeartHeartHeart

So even tho I live in the U.S. - phhhhhtttt. Heck, Tolkien wasn't even from 'round these partsCool and as far as I know, didn't use any of our mythologies and legends as inspirations. IMO this could have been handled better - like maybe just showing a "real" EE trailer w. some new scenes, and PJ making a statement (which I guess he is for this viewing) and some cast interviews. A little online, global, preview of sorts. It was a bit sad seeing comments on the FB page knowing folks are being shut out of the viewing.Unimpressed

Now I am teetering again about going - yes, no, I don't know....if I go, I won't have that delicious experience of reverently (or irritably) tearing off the cellophane wrap, lights down, the gentle click as the disk slots into position...on the other hand dying of curiosity....then again, that's it, if I have already seen the EE......Aggggghhhhhh!!!!CrazyCool

*Gloomily* maybe to PJ and WB this is a business of sorts, but I wish they had remembered for the fans, it's not just purchasing the latest phone or something, for us. These are more than films, but part of our own lives and our own stories. That the EE is an EVENT, for many of us. One last time. And it was the audience that was making these years good for WB and PJ & co.$$$

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 2 2015, 8:03pm

Post #8 of 14 (2020 views)
Shortcut
I think some of the DOS footage is the same... [In reply to] Can't Post

But look closer! Look at the lighting it's amazing and different (except for the Dain one, but I'm fine with that one but I can see how it can be called OT)! I'm pretty sure the other trailers did not look like this, for example the beginning of the Battle footage is a lot darker, it looks like there is a shadow over them (the bats filling the sky mentioned in an article?). Also the dwarven shields seem to have some more obvious snow on them, and there's a blue light when the orcs are coming down. Some of the parts are a lot lighter, and a lot of the battle scenes seem to have a blue glow on it!

"Obviously the idea of being human is a very human idea."
-Dominic Monaghan

Bishop
Gondor

Oct 2 2015, 8:26pm

Post #9 of 14 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Is it possible [In reply to] Can't Post

the newly arranged stuff is considered part of the 20 extra minutes? For example if Dane's entrance is heavily altered could that be included in the time?

Does anyone know if that's how it worked on DOS EE?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 2 2015, 8:31pm

Post #10 of 14 (1970 views)
Shortcut
Only in part... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is it possible the newly arranged stuff is considered part of the 20 extra minutes?

It's still 20 minutes beyond the original running time, so re-arranged footage could account for some of that, but not all. And alternate takes for the existing footage are likely to include material that is part of the existing runtime.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

LSF
Gondor

Oct 2 2015, 8:33pm

Post #11 of 14 (1967 views)
Shortcut
time [In reply to] Can't Post

The way I understood it, the 20 minutes is how much added length to the running time. So the alteration of scenes, if it replaces the original scene, wouldn't be added to that. Like if the original Dain entrance was two minutes, and the new one is two minutes, it won't be included in that "20 minutes" thing. Now if the old one was 2 minutes, and the new one is 3, then that extra minute could be in the "20 minutes."

Bishop
Gondor

Oct 2 2015, 8:59pm

Post #12 of 14 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Makes sense. [In reply to] Can't Post

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 3 2015, 4:23am

Post #13 of 14 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Two Errors in the Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a trivia question for those with sharp eyes: what two mistakes are still present in the trailer? (Hint: they both involve the same character).

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 3 2015, 7:46am

Post #14 of 14 (1620 views)
Shortcut
Those Beorn shots are actually in the theatrical [In reply to] Can't Post

... just saying Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.