Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
A day late, and a dollar short. Yesterday was the 10th Anniversary of the release of "Serenity".
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 1:30pm

Post #1 of 60 (1015 views)
Shortcut
A day late, and a dollar short. Yesterday was the 10th Anniversary of the release of "Serenity". Can't Post

I'm a relatively new "Firefly" fan, but I heard about it here on the boards, back when I frequented them, when "Serenity" was released.

I celebrated by starting to watch the series again last night.

Any other Browncoats out there?

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 1 2015, 2:13pm

Post #2 of 60 (865 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Any other Browncoats out there?

My wife and I both became fans of Firefly when it originally aired. She has been known to gamemaster a home-brewed Firefly/Serenity role-playing game session at local gaming cons.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2015, 2:47pm

Post #3 of 60 (856 views)
Shortcut
10 Years! Man, I feel old... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

It feels just like yesterday that I rushed to the theater to see Serenity. I was a bit late to the Firefly party. The first trailer for the film was already out when a co-worker recommended Firefly to me and lent me his DVD set.

Needless to say, I sped through the episodes in a matter of days and became an instant Browncoat. Cool

A family member who went with me to the cinema relayed to me, moments after exiting the theater, than I was grinning ear to ear for practically the entire runtime.

Firefly and Serenity remain near and dear to my heart, and I imagine that will be the case for many years to come. Smile

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Oct 1 2015, 2:48pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 3:44pm

Post #4 of 60 (845 views)
Shortcut
Proud to say I saw the original broadcasts on FOX (out of order!) [In reply to] Can't Post

and got 'em all on my VCR back before the DVDs were released. Mighty fine shindig.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2015, 6:29pm

Post #5 of 60 (841 views)
Shortcut
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." [In reply to] Can't Post

Still cracks me up after all this time. Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:32pm

Post #6 of 60 (825 views)
Shortcut
Wow! She's a lot more of a fan than I am, I guess. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Link to Youtube video about my daughter's book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo-bF0u8xI

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:38pm

Post #7 of 60 (832 views)
Shortcut
I burned through them pretty quick, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

My oldest daughter and I watched two or three episodes a night off of Netflix.

Definitely left wanting more.

Arguably the best Sci-fi TV show ever, and I am a rabid Star Trek TOS (HATE using that qualifier because there is only ONE Star Trek) fan.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:40pm

Post #8 of 60 (833 views)
Shortcut
The equivalent of a First-Ager here. [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally missed it, but I had stopped watching broadcast (including cable) TV for about 10 years before it came out.

Thank you, Jesus for DVDs!

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:46pm

Post #9 of 60 (859 views)
Shortcut
OFFICIAL FIREFLY QUOTE THREAD STARTS HERE! [In reply to] Can't Post

"I cannot abide useless people."

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:47pm

Post #10 of 60 (829 views)
Shortcut
"I cannot abide useless people." [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted it to show up in the list.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 6:49pm

Post #11 of 60 (825 views)
Shortcut
"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed." [In reply to] Can't Post

This was actually my first introduction to Firefly. A Browncoat at work told this to me to tell me about Malcolm Reynolds.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 1 2015, 7:01pm

Post #12 of 60 (825 views)
Shortcut
"Well, look at this." [In reply to] Can't Post

MAL: Appears that we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?

ZOE: Big damn heroes, sir.

MAL: Ain't we just.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Oct 1 2015, 7:02pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 8:15pm

Post #13 of 60 (819 views)
Shortcut
Does that seem right to you? [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 8:17pm

Post #14 of 60 (816 views)
Shortcut
"I'm in." [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't help but laugh at Jayne, even when he's being an a*****e.

I wonder what *his* storyline would've been like.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 8:23pm

Post #15 of 60 (803 views)
Shortcut
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 8:25pm

Post #16 of 60 (809 views)
Shortcut
"You are very much lacking in imagination." [In reply to] Can't Post

"I imagine that's so, sir."

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 1 2015, 10:30pm

Post #17 of 60 (798 views)
Shortcut
When Wash says in Serenity: [In reply to] Can't Post

"Start with the part where Jayne gets knocked out by a 90-pound girl 'cause... I don't think that's ever getting old."

Kim
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 10:40pm

Post #18 of 60 (794 views)
Shortcut
I saw it in the theater on my birthday [In reply to] Can't Post

Tickets were sold out, so we bought tickets to A History of Violence (talk about a contrast) and snuck in, ended up sitting in about the 3rd row. I never totally warmed to Firefly - it didn't totally click with me. But Serenity pulled it all together perfectly. One of my favorite movies. Well, right up until that bit at the end (damn you Joss Whedon! I curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Mad).

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2015, 10:42pm

Post #19 of 60 (788 views)
Shortcut
"Psychic? That’s like something out of science fiction!” [In reply to] Can't Post

"We live on a spaceship, dear."
"So?"

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 1 2015, 11:46pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 10:53pm

Post #20 of 60 (785 views)
Shortcut
Jaaaaayne [In reply to] Can't Post

The man they call Jaaaaayne
He stole from the rich and he give to the poor
Stood up to the man and he showed him what for
Our love for him now ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton
The man they call Jaaaayne

Donry
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2015, 11:10pm

Post #21 of 60 (785 views)
Shortcut
A fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

series and movie. Love this series. Ten years eh? Wow. you are all old. :)

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Twitter - @DonryFetor
FB - https://www.facebook.com/donryfetortheouthouse
Instagram - donryfetor
Blog - donryfetorsouthouse.wordpress.com

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 1 2015, 11:28pm

Post #22 of 60 (779 views)
Shortcut
I call it Vera. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be in my bunk.

(This post was edited by Meneldor on Oct 1 2015, 11:29pm)

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 2 2015, 12:47am

Post #23 of 60 (779 views)
Shortcut
"--------------------------------" [In reply to] Can't Post

That's Jayne being interviewed by the Alliance guy.

(This post was edited by Advising Elf on Oct 2 2015, 12:48am)

Advising Elf
Rohan

Oct 2 2015, 12:50am

Post #24 of 60 (770 views)
Shortcut
I think that showed that Joss... [In reply to] Can't Post

knew that there would be no more after the movie.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 2 2015, 12:51am

Post #25 of 60 (776 views)
Shortcut
Thank you AE. [In reply to] Can't Post

I almost choked on my food.

Tongue

Ataahua's stories

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.