The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Theatrical release

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 29 2015, 5:52pm

Post #1 of 20 (3296 views)
Shortcut
Theatrical release Can't Post

Is the BO5A EE only going to be released the one day (Oct 13)? Or are they going to have multiple showings?

Main reason I ask is because my husband may have to request that day off work to go with me, or I will have to find a babysitter, and I'd like to make sure that is taken care of before I purchase my ticket.

Does anyone know what the plan is regarding the theatrical EE release?

LSF
Gondor

Sep 29 2015, 5:59pm

Post #2 of 20 (3241 views)
Shortcut
one night only [In reply to] Can't Post

One night event, as far as all the promotional material and available ticket times are showing.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 29 2015, 6:39pm

Post #3 of 20 (3189 views)
Shortcut
In OKC it's one TIME [In reply to] Can't Post

7:30pm on Oct. 13th. I'm going to miss my Nutrition class that night, and I have a TESTCrazy Oh well, some things are just too important!Sly

Like THEM!EvilHeart

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

LSF
Gondor

Sep 29 2015, 7:05pm

Post #4 of 20 (3164 views)
Shortcut
as Thorin said... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Will you follow me... one last time?" Wink

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 29 2015, 7:08pm

Post #5 of 20 (3164 views)
Shortcut
This is so sad to me... :( [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be watching this movie in theaters, because I dont live in USA!!! That's way I will have to listen to you guys, here

Oh, I never thought I would be saying such thing, but I want to be americanLaugh

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 29 2015, 9:06pm

Post #6 of 20 (3038 views)
Shortcut
Might need to avoid this site for awhile [In reply to] Can't Post

You can be sure there will be PLENTY of *Spoilers* postedEvil

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Dwarewien
Rohan

Sep 29 2015, 10:21pm

Post #7 of 20 (2973 views)
Shortcut
Neither do I... [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's kind of a blessing to me, since viewing the theater version of BoFA was bad enough, if I also viewed the Extended Edition in theaters, you would have to carry me out of there (seriously). I don't mind the extra month wait, but since spoilers don't bug me that much (I read spoilers all of the time, and not once has it spoiled the experience for me. You're going to see it anyway, so what's the difference? I don't even mind that it has an R rating, since I'm a Stephen King fan for crying out loud, I think I can handle a little more gore, as long as it doesn't involve more gruesome deaths for the Durins, I'm good, otherwise, I'm never watching the Extended Edition of BoFA ever again), I won't be avoiding the site, either. Sometimes it helps prepare you for scenes you're not looking forward to (like the funeral scene, for example), but that doesn't mean it will be any easier to watch. Time to get back to my fan fiction story (since it's set just prior to the attack on Erebor by Smaug, so nothing bad happens to Thorin).Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

CamdenMcAndrews
Rivendell

Sep 29 2015, 11:20pm

Post #8 of 20 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it's just the one showing [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just the one showing and only at selected theaters. We were lucky; it's a night that my wife would normally have off so the only major accommodation we have to make is to drive a very long distance to the nearest theater that's showing it. At least in Houston, tickets are $12.50 per person; no discounts for children or seniors. I haven't seen any publicity for the event outside of the online fan community, and all I've seen there is people duplicating the announcement on theonering.net.

We've both been serious Tolkien fans for longer than most of the folks around here have been alive, so for us this is really a major event. We've been looking forward to the release of the extended edition of Battle of the Five Armies since we first saw the original theatrical release in the theater, but it's sad to think that this is that last Tolkien production we'll see from the Wingnuts. I don't want it to be over.

balbo biggins
Rohan

Sep 30 2015, 2:21am

Post #9 of 20 (2871 views)
Shortcut
? [In reply to] Can't Post

contacting your local cinemas would be a wise option.

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 30 2015, 2:24am

Post #10 of 20 (2870 views)
Shortcut
Just bought tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

for NYC. Not sure I'm ready for what lies ahead though.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Sep 30 2015, 3:38am

Post #11 of 20 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Billy Boyd [In reply to] Can't Post

What would it take for me to get a Billy Boyd cover of that classic song?Cool

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 30 2015, 3:45am

Post #12 of 20 (2818 views)
Shortcut
Would it be any different? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Oct 1 2015, 6:46pm

Post #13 of 20 (2383 views)
Shortcut
Only one day! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, would anyone happen to know what time it is? I haven't got tickets yet, and Tuesday is a school night!

"Obviously the idea of being human is a very human idea."
-Dominic Monaghan

LSF
Gondor

Oct 1 2015, 6:52pm

Post #14 of 20 (2376 views)
Shortcut
Time [In reply to] Can't Post

The Fathom Events site says 730pm local time, wherever you are.

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 7:20pm

Post #15 of 20 (2351 views)
Shortcut
which theater? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
for NYC. Not sure I'm ready for what lies ahead though.

Please tell me you got tickets for the 34th St AMC. The AMC Empire 25 had a bed bug infestation recently 0_o

Bishop
Gondor

Oct 1 2015, 7:35pm

Post #16 of 20 (2342 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up! [In reply to] Can't Post

That stuff is no joke. I have a couple friends around the area that had a bb problem and it was life-altering bad.

I have tickets for the Regal Union Square Stadium 14, thanks goodness. The Times Square area is a huge turnoff for me.

nusilver
Rohan

Oct 1 2015, 7:37pm

Post #17 of 20 (2338 views)
Shortcut
oh man... thank YOU! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That stuff is no joke. I have a couple friends around the area that had a bb problem and it was life-altering bad.

I have tickets for the Regal Union Square Stadium 14, thanks goodness. The Times Square area is a huge turnoff for me.

Regal Union Square Stadium 14... checks tickets... you're right! Haha. I would've gone to the AMC on 34th and missed the beginning of the first movie! Yeah, I vastly prefer the 14th St theater to most others in Manhattan except Lincoln Sq. And now I actually know where to go on Monday! Haha.

Bishop
Gondor

Oct 1 2015, 7:40pm

Post #18 of 20 (2335 views)
Shortcut
haha [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent! We'll see you there I guess!? Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 2 2015, 3:38am

Post #19 of 20 (2192 views)
Shortcut
I've got them [In reply to] Can't Post

for the Regal multiplex in Branford CT - for all three movies. Each movie is being shown in more than one theater.

Now, as long as that hurricane holds off for Monday night...Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 2 2015, 2:10pm

Post #20 of 20 (2109 views)
Shortcut
I have tickets in Chicago [In reply to] Can't Post

and I hope I can make it - busy time at home. I have tickets for the AMC River East.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.