Ori's portrait of Bilbo scene?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 29 2015, 4:08pm

Post #26 of 28 (1000 views)
Shortcut
But maybe Gandalf helped that night? [In reply to] Can't Post

Firelight is lovely and dim and atmospheric, but it flickers a lot and the smoke gets in your eyes.

But maybe - that in my imagined scene, Gandalf notices Ori's struggles and passes his hands over Ori's sketchbook, and a gentle light glows enough for him to finish his Bilbo portrait? LOL my scene just gets better and betterWink, with all these little details. Maybe Nori filches a coin from Gloin even tho Gloin is trying to pay attention to his counting...

Credit: http://kinko-white.deviantart.com/

Re:

PS. Some of us won't know until November, and even then, I don't think we'll know what might have been....

Oooooh - you are not going to QUARANTINE yourselfShocked? I can understand the folks that do, since I did so for the DOS and BOFA TEs - but I didn't embargo myself for the DOS EE - I was too desperate to know if certain *key* scenes had made it in or not (that I knew were filmed). That was a happy day/night (thank you again, NecromancerRising where-ever you are, for FEEDING us/me online like baby birds cheeping in the nest!!!!SmileSmileSmile *SQUEEE*!!!!Laugh)

Anyway I think there will be so much chatter - and inquiring minds want to know!

There's a lot we all wanna know about BOFA I am sure, for one thing I am hoping the trailer scenes "Everything I did" and Balin saying "we can not win this fight" made it in. Richard Armitage and Ken Stott - IMO the more the better HeartHeartHeartTongueTongueTongue

(yes, this is a painting - Ayuri-327's astoundingly detailed work OMG....Heart)

http://ayuri-327.deviantart.com/...-the-stone-555422336

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 29 2015, 5:40pm

Post #27 of 28 (984 views)
Shortcut
Well, yes, that's a possibility.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had visions of Gandalf attaching a light bulb to the end of his staff for a minute there... Tongue

As for the quarantine - yes, I will try. With previous EEs I've watched one clip, then tried to avoid finding anything else out until I had the disks and could watch for myself. It's magic, I think, that first viewing of a film already well-known which suddely has new scenes in it. I don't want to spoil the magic. Most of all, I don't want to hear anyone saying beforehand that they didn't like *** or *** because if that happens, not only will I know what's coming, I'll watch it with someone else's objections in my head. And if I has objections they're jolly well going to be my own objections! *Stamps and pouts

Curiosity may get the better of me, but I will try. It's only a month and a week, that's not so long.... is it.....?

BTW - some of those paintings are beautifully done.

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 29 2015, 6:54pm

Post #28 of 28 (974 views)
Shortcut
How dare you laugh (; [In reply to] Can't Post

I had visions of Gandalf attaching a light bulb to the end of his staff for a minute there... Tongue

What? You don't have one of these?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/154c/

And the video here 1)Made me REALLY APPRECIATE Ian McKellan; and 2) Made me think "I wonder if I have any spare change lying around", as "winter is coming" and you never know when the power might go out, and I could use an extra flashlight of sorts.Cool

Seriously, re:

It's magic, I think, that first viewing of a film already well-known which suddely has new scenes in it. I don't want to spoil the magic. Most of all, I don't want to hear anyone saying beforehand that they didn't like *** or *** because if that happens, not only will I know what's coming, I'll watch it with someone else's objections in my head. And if I has objections they're jolly well going to be my own objections!

Love that - yes it IS magic. I remember seeing the Bree scene in the DOS EE for the first timeHeart - not only was I delighted the Bree scene was included anyway, but seeing the marvelous Sir Antony Sher and Richard Armitage interact and a bit of that father-son relationship, and hearing Richard Armitage saying he searched to the last body....and then of course later the delightful introductions to BeornHeartHeartHeart

Plus - possibly - BOFA may have enough re-working it may be like seeing it for the first time. Sort ofUnsure. I know I was happy I went into the TEs for DOS and BOFA pretty much completely ignorant - but, oh, quarantining is so hard! So it sounds as tho, we will be missing some folks on the main Hobbit board for a bit, soon. Frown

I MIGHT change my mind and embargo myself - right now I don't think so, but there's a couple weeks to think it over. One last time.CoolTongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.