The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
LOTR Music Questionnaire

danwhiite

Sep 24 2015, 9:00am

Post #1 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Music Questionnaire Can't Post

Hi everybody!

I'm doing some research for a journal article on the music of the Lord of the Rings, and have constructed a questionnaire. I would really appreciate if as many of you as possible took the time to fill it out. It should only take around 5 minutes to complete, and would be really helpful! The form should be displayed below, but if you can't see it, please click on this link: http://goo.gl/forms/vNb86jixaA

Thanks everyone!!
Dan White

(This post was edited by danwhiite on Sep 24 2015, 9:02am)

danwhiite

Sep 25 2015, 2:34pm

Post #2 of 4 (920 views)
Shortcut
Responses [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again!

Just wanted to add, feel free to reply with any responses you might have regarding the questionnaire, or any questions of your own about what is included! It'd be great to get some conversations flowing about music in Middle-earth and why we like our favourites, be that Shore or otherwise!

Dan

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 28 2015, 5:47pm

Post #3 of 4 (834 views)
Shortcut
great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to look up my soundtracks again, haven't listened in awhile (not the greatest technology here). Howard Shore's music just adds so much to the world of middle Earth.

PS: musically impaired, artist, not musician. So, clueless, but can tell you how greatly the music affects our immersion and understanding of the story.

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Member of Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

CamdenMcAndrews
Rivendell

Sep 28 2015, 8:37pm

Post #4 of 4 (825 views)
Shortcut
Proceed With Caution [In reply to] Can't Post

All the while, do keep in mind...

DRUPIOTI
Don't Reveal Unnecessary Personal Information on the Internet

... and mind the judder bars.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.