Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
dissapointed with Sauron, EE will fix it?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2015, 9:43pm

Post #1 of 15 (3079 views)
Shortcut
dissapointed with Sauron, EE will fix it? Can't Post

look at this screencap

http://screencapped.net/movie/lotr/displayimage.php?album=166&pid=528419#top_display_media

is not from DOS it is from BOTFA, they litterally used the footage from DoS to the power exchange between Galadriel and Sauron, so, apparently/obbiously this footage is likely to be higly changed?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

DeadRabbits
Rohan

Sep 22 2015, 9:50pm

Post #2 of 15 (3033 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully, yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

It seemed strange that so much footage was reused during the Battle of Dol Guldur, when we know that different scenes were shot (like the one with flaming Sauron coming down the stairs).

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Thrain II
Lorien

Sep 22 2015, 9:52pm

Post #3 of 15 (3029 views)
Shortcut
I hope so, but don't hold your breath... [In reply to] Can't Post

There is that scene from the trailer, and Benedict said that he did motion capture for Sauron also. Philippa mentioned that we can expect more from the 3 elven rings in EE, but who knows at the end what ended up in it. Unsure

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Sep 22 2015, 10:39pm

Post #4 of 15 (2982 views)
Shortcut
It would need massive fixing to satisfy me [In reply to] Can't Post

But I highly doubt it will happen.

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 1:09am

Post #5 of 15 (2918 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you disappointed with Sauron because Jackson recycled approximately 5 frames of video from DOS?

Dipling
Lorien

Sep 23 2015, 4:51am

Post #6 of 15 (2841 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There is that scene from the trailer, and Benedict said that he did motion capture for Sauron also. Philippa mentioned that we can expect more from the 3 elven rings in EE, but who knows at the end what ended up in it. Unsure

...we have only 20 minutes of extra time.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Sep 23 2015, 8:26am

Post #7 of 15 (2772 views)
Shortcut
Im disappointed with Dol Guldur in general [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are you disappointed with Sauron because Jackson recycled approximately 5 frames of video from DOS?

So much wasted, the chance of bringing something mysterious and creepy on screen.

Bofur01
Lorien

Sep 23 2015, 10:11am

Post #8 of 15 (2722 views)
Shortcut
More than that... [In reply to] Can't Post

He reused the Dol Guldur shot of Gandy and Raddy on the sled towards DG, but in reverse and with the sled removed, and Gandy and Raddy's conversation via spells reused a shot and spell of Radagast from AUJ while never showing Gandy's mouth, as he's speaking the spell that heals Thorin on the Carrock. It's a bit of a mess... And I also think (haven't checked) that the shot of Gandy in his cage is just the DoS shot reversed too.

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 7:13pm

Post #9 of 15 (2538 views)
Shortcut
huh [In reply to] Can't Post

I had no idea so much footage was reused. I wonder why the Dol Guldur plotline was so difficult for them to conclude? I'm sincerely curious as to how the process went. Each film had a year to get right after it was determined early on that there would be three films. Did they not have a good plan going into it, even when it was two films, and just tried to fill in the gaps with greenscreen pickups?

LSF
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 7:24pm

Post #10 of 15 (2530 views)
Shortcut
huh [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I didn't notice that they reused that much footage. I think I noticed the Radagast one, but that's it. Maybe they couldn't get the effects to look/work right in time, or their plan wasn't perfectly set in time.

Well, it looks like all the Dul Guldor behind the scenes is in the BOFA EE discs (they barely mentioned any of it in the DOS one), so if we're gonna find out why, it'll be then.

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 7:59pm

Post #11 of 15 (2513 views)
Shortcut
I'm getting paranoid [In reply to] Can't Post

That's twice now in this thread that my subject line was duplicated exactly in the following post. Wink

LSF
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 8:06pm

Post #12 of 15 (2500 views)
Shortcut
sorry? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a fan of trying to think up subject lines with every single post I do. I'm not good at that kind of thing Tongue

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 23 2015, 8:12pm

Post #13 of 15 (2497 views)
Shortcut
No it was just an observation! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just thought it was funny. It happened twice, the one before with a different member.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2015, 12:37am

Post #14 of 15 (2182 views)
Shortcut
What exactly did you want to see? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

So much wasted, the chance of bringing something mysterious and creepy on screen.

The ringwraiths were pretty dang creepy if you ask me. The thing is if sauron did attack galadriel/saruman/elrond and we saw that they overcame him with overwhelming force than it would diminish his power in LOTR's. Audiences would question why couldn't the three of them have just trekked out to mordor and done the same. I thought it was enough to show galadriel face off against sauron and then he does a strategic retreat back to mordor with saruman being the one to keep an "eye" on him.

The flames of war are upon you..

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Sep 27 2015, 12:38am)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2015, 12:41am

Post #15 of 15 (2179 views)
Shortcut
Eh [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He reused the Dol Guldur shot of Gandy and Raddy on the sled towards DG, but in reverse and with the sled removed, and Gandy and Raddy's conversation via spells reused a shot and spell of Radagast from AUJ while never showing Gandy's mouth, as he's speaking the spell that heals Thorin on the Carrock. It's a bit of a mess... And I also think (haven't checked) that the shot of Gandy in his cage is just the DoS shot reversed too.

Didn't even realize that until you pointed it out and i've seen DOS like 15 times. Splitting hairs in my opinion and there was plenty of recycled footage throughout LOTR's.

The flames of war are upon you..

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.