"Just remember, the Fellowship carries on..."

nusilver
Rohan

Sep 18 2015, 8:50pm

Post #1 of 15 (1694 views)
Shortcut
"Just remember, the Fellowship carries on..." Can't Post

"And remember: do get out of the house occasionally."

Have been watching through ALL the movie appendices for the first time since who knows when, and just had a nice crack up at the intro to part 6 on ROTK.
Just wanted to share. :-)

Anyone else have laugh-out-loud moments while revisiting these docs? Favorite moments you'd forgotten that came back instantly when you re-watched them?

CamdenMcAndrews
Rivendell

Sep 19 2015, 4:16am

Post #2 of 15 (1646 views)
Shortcut
It's a dangerous business, going out your door [In reply to] Can't Post

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door, Frodo!"

I do enjoy the appendices as much as the films, but I can't say that I've experienced any side-splitting humor in them. On the other hand, if I were watching them in a theater, maybe so; humor seems to be more humorous when shared with other members of an audience.

Nuradar
Rohan

Sep 21 2015, 2:34pm

Post #3 of 15 (1512 views)
Shortcut
The dwarvish aerobics session [In reply to] Can't Post

in AUJ special features. During the part where they show the physical training they are doing with Terry Notary, and then suddenly, they're all dressed in exercise clothes and headbands doing aerobics. Hilarious.

I also now remember JRD pranking PJ that he lost the tip of his finger.

Also, I think it was FOTR, where the 4 hobbits trash-talk each other behind their backs as one-by-one, they each get up to leave for a minute.

GollumLovesFish
The Shire

Sep 23 2015, 1:15pm

Post #4 of 15 (1452 views)
Shortcut
Viggo kissing Billy Boyd [In reply to] Can't Post

I still crack up when Viggo kisses Billy during the filming of Sam and Rosie's wedding. He totally didn't see that coming. Who would? Shocked

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2015, 7:22pm

Post #5 of 15 (1420 views)
Shortcut
"White light! White light!" [In reply to] Can't Post

:D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

nusilver
Rohan

Sep 23 2015, 7:36pm

Post #6 of 15 (1415 views)
Shortcut
yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
in AUJ special features. During the part where they show the physical training they are doing with Terry Notary, and then suddenly, they're all dressed in exercise clothes and headbands doing aerobics. Hilarious.

I also now remember JRD pranking PJ that he lost the tip of his finger.

Also, I think it was FOTR, where the 4 hobbits trash-talk each other behind their backs as one-by-one, they each get up to leave for a minute.

Yep, Dom, Billy and Elijah. I love that bit. :)

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 24 2015, 6:43am

Post #7 of 15 (1385 views)
Shortcut
I love that too [In reply to] Can't Post

And welcome, by the way. Smile

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 24 2015, 12:29pm

Post #8 of 15 (1366 views)
Shortcut
This! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"White light! White light!":D

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 24 2015, 12:32pm

Post #9 of 15 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn, GollumLovesFish! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I love that Viggo is a serial kisser...like smooching Bernard Hill during that tense Helm's Deep windup. Cool I also love the outtake of Bernard asking, who the *&%^ let you lot in here? when the Elves show up. Laugh What a great bunch.

GollumLovesFish
The Shire

Oct 6 2015, 1:24am

Post #10 of 15 (1181 views)
Shortcut
Thank you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking for a new members thread to introduce myself but I didn't see one so I just started posting. Tongue

I've never seen Viggo kiss Bernard Hill. Was that on the EE or can I find it on YouTube?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 6 2015, 1:34am

Post #11 of 15 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Take off your shoes and stay a while!

"Mister Frodo, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good frying pan at your side. I’ve been from one side of this garden to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Providence controlling everything. There's no Music of the Ainur that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2015, 5:30am

Post #12 of 15 (1160 views)
Shortcut
I don't recall which doc it was included in... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I was browsing through related videos on YouTube a couple weeks ago and came across the one of Elijah, Dom, and Billy on the set of the Long-expected Party taking turns talking trash about each other and lost it. [EDIT: derp, I see that was already mentioned.] I find a lot of the Hobbit actors bits to be among the funniest. The fake interview Dom did with Elijah (which I think was an easter egg for ROTK) is legendary.

I'm pretty sure there are still documentaries, especially on the second discs of each film's EE, that I still haven't seen despite owning the DVDs for over eight years now. And rewatching some that I know I've seen for the first time in at least four years, there's a lot that I didn't remember (though much that I did). It's reassuring in a way to know that there's this seemingly bottomless well of additional Middle-earth material I can turn to whenever I want. Not to mention the commentaries; I've only ever listened to the directors/writers one. That's three additional tracks over three entire films still left for me...

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Oct 6 2015, 5:32am)

GollumLovesFish
The Shire

Oct 7 2015, 12:45am

Post #13 of 15 (1132 views)
Shortcut
I've seen the YouTube video of... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elijah, Dom and Billy talking trash on each other but I can't find any video of Viggo kissing Bernard. And I'm really not in the mood to scour the EE's for it. If it's even on the EE's lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(This post was edited by GollumLovesFish on Oct 7 2015, 12:46am)

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Oct 7 2015, 4:41am

Post #14 of 15 (1116 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen this ViggoXBernard video either [In reply to] Can't Post

The closest thing to it that I've seen is this one of Viggo kissing Billy Boyd with references to other kisses made in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8XZ6KxE30I

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Oct 7 2015, 4:41am)

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 7 2015, 5:09am

Post #15 of 15 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Viggo was always kissing everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

including Uraeus...Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.