what was the last filmed scene?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 8 2015, 4:52pm

Post #26 of 34 (682 views)
Shortcut
Too true! and... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, you can talk to me about how PJ should have included this, or did this or that - BUT!!!!

The sheer fact of the matter is that, ultimately, this is a director well worthy, because of his extraordinary insight and sensitivity to cinematic nuance, of the title "Sir Jackson" - oh, yes, indeed. A GENIUS by any definition of the wordHeart. Of course, through media history there have been some attempts to portray pilosity effectively with a major character - Braveheart and Chewbacca come to mind, and even LOTR and POTC, but only, *unexpectedly*, magically, in the last few years did Sir Jackson & crew outreach themselves.

To wit, presenting the world with an UNMATCHABLE, extraordinary, vision that will forever sear the mind and heart, and yet, will never be attainable again, in this lifetime, or the the next. I say, we have seen a *precious* glimpse of what Tolkien envisioned Valinor to be - and it's with this delectable coffee-cream swirl that DEFINES the Hobbit films....

Just look at this spill of sugar-laced chocolate espresso....even Gandalf is BEMUSED by the sight and being comforted by the wonderful Richard....

Extraordinary! The shimmering waves of SABLE SILK, framing that face of fierce haunting beauty....

Chocolate FIRE!!!!!!!

What can we say about hair so SCINTILLATING it's simply KISSED by the damp fog, like a rippling stream over rocks of polished onyx (accented by eyes of SAPPHIRE....)

Wisely, Sir Peter knew, in BOFA to take the hair glory to the STRATOSPHERE - of course there have been other scenes that completely depended on Thorin's hair,
but none more critical than the EPIC END BATTLE. Because, you know, by melting the brain cells of the many in the audience that were susceptibleTongue, PJ could slip
in a *tragic ending* but a lot of the audience would be passed out anyway, too overwhelmed to get through the rest of the film.

Tho, to be fair - some of us WERE warned. We KNEW, or suspected. There were trailers, of course. And then, this jaw-dropping chiaroscuroHeart would slip out,
and fly around the 'net within hours - so, we knew. We knew we were going to need those smelling salts and ice water......

But, for all the times I have had to wake up from the floor at watching the Hobbit movies, being nosed inquiringly by a concerned pet - I can't say
that I'm not looking forward to the BOFA EE. I may be a weak Hair Addict, but - I can't stop. Just one more look at that nightshadow mane,
swirled by the wind machine. That's all I ask.Cool

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 8 2015, 6:13pm

Post #27 of 34 (670 views)
Shortcut
That glimpse of Valinor [In reply to] Can't Post

What a feast of verbal excellence AND visual delicacies..!

Tho, to be fair - some of us WERE warned. We KNEW, or suspected. There were trailers, of course. And then, this jaw-dropping chiaroscuroHeart would slip out,
and fly around the 'net within hours - so, we knew. We knew we were going to need those smelling salts and ice water......

...While some of us managed to sail through that point in time without seeing trailers - innocently, in order to keep the element of surprise - and therefore were NOT warned at all.
We were completely unprepared for the spiritually unparalleled experience of being taken over by an ancient but ageless, subconsciously enthralling warrior deity - staggering
out of theaters in dazed bewilderment, desperately trying to hold onto some sense of reality. In our highly delicate state we wold lose sleep and appetite, sense of time and sense itself,
permanently altered by once-in-a-lifetime encounter... Life simply has not been the same since. TongueCoolEvil

(art by Aegileif)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 8 2015, 7:31pm

Post #28 of 34 (650 views)
Shortcut
Caught in the act! [In reply to] Can't Post

My boss came in TWICE while I was scrolling these pics - I'm supposed to be WORKING!!! But who can possibly turn away from such epic, majestic strands?EvilHeartHeartHeart Not I, that's for sure. And the rest of him ain't bad, either!Wink

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 9 2015, 2:36am

Post #29 of 34 (625 views)
Shortcut
*Gasp* - you went into the films an INNOCENT????!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ye gawds, I can only bow to the inner strength of character you must possessShockedShockedShocked, that you evidently were able to leave the theater vertical, having had no warning at all - and even then, re BOFA, it was a heck of shock to even the most initiatedShockedTongueCool.

You are not alone, tho - I HAVE come across blogs where the phrases "floating from the theater", or "being in haze", or just "gaaaaahhhhhhhh" which covers all the bases, pretty much - when confronted with the ULTIMATE SMOULDERTongue - and on a large screen yet!Shocked

(Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww......Tongue)

Ooooh, NICE! And POIGNANT, as well, I can SO feel your distress and bewilderment at being so BLINDSIDEDShocked:

:

We were completely unprepared for the spiritually unparalleled experience of being taken over by an ancient but ageless, subconsciously enthralling warrior deity - staggering
out of theaters in dazed bewilderment, desperately trying to hold onto some sense of reality. In our highly delicate state we wold lose sleep and appetite, sense of time and sense itself,
permanently altered by once-in-a-lifetime encounter... Life simply has not been the same since. TongueCoolEvil

Are you at least eating again - stuff like SOUP?Wink

Well, maybe not *THUD*Cool

Really not....

I mean, we ARE talking a profile *so MASCULINE, so NOBLE, so gosh-darned FLAWLESS, so #MajesticHeart* and then there's those midnight waves of tumbling satin like the scudding stormclouds of a fall sky, whipped by an icy breeze...and that voice that burns like a summer sun....Hearteven Thorin's TEETH are as flawlessly white as the ice crystals that frost Ravenhill - I actually want him to snarl at someone, but happily there's that eerie yet beautiful goldsick scene (I suppose what Bilbo was really staring at were Thorin's teeth, wondering how they could be that way miles from any decent dental care....Cool)

Not to mention the full-on treatment with leather and chain mailleTongue, and the clear water azure eyes, softened in pain and love (the unparalleled Richard Armitage does it again, I suppose e.g N&S) - well, I can only marvel at the power and determination of those who have embraced the Durins.Cool

And I am going to go fortify myself and re-watch BOFA - the River version seeing as it's the middle of the week and all.AngelicCoolEvil

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 9 2015, 2:47am

Post #30 of 34 (623 views)
Shortcut
Perfectly understandable if you ask me [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway, you were just studying the intricacies of developing images for the web, and just looking at SAMPLES, right?Cool

You know, maintaining skin and hair tones, resolution, and so on....CoolLaughAngelic

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 9 2015, 8:00pm

Post #31 of 34 (580 views)
Shortcut
For all intents and purposes, yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Only watched a trailer for AUJ and DOS, none for BO5A - totally unprepared. Because the mysterious fact remains that it apparently can take three movies for Thorin's utter majesty to register.
I have not found an explanation and suspect there is none - but surely it's not natural. Cool I presume I was a victim of black arts - possibly a temporary spell of partial blindness/deafness - that was
only lifted when seeing the final instalment of the trilogy, and that must have heightened the effect. You are right - the ultimate smoulder on a large screen is not to be taken lightly. Not that it was
even possible to do so. Shocked

(x)

After such an impact, it's a wonder I'm capable of forming intelligible sentences in any language. Cool But I must have left the theaters vertical, because - while I have no recollection - I found myself
at home some undeterminable moments later. It's quite possible that I and my fellow stricken have indeed floated through the swirling snow, lost to this world, while the local snow merged with that of
Ravenhill and city crows were taken for ravens... I only wish I could remember. Tongue

(x)

Thank you for your concern - I have since recovered, after a period of time when I needed to be reminded to eat at least soup Wink unable as I was to stomach anything stronger. And gradually,
for many, sleepless winter nights gave way to dreams of slightly dwarvish undertones...

A movie night with BO5A is in order soon - see you at the River! *waves* Smile

(x)
Attachments: art by RachelleFryatt (Custom).jpg (43.9 KB)
  10426589_441291592698823_2949492224204936638_n (Custom).jpg (25.6 KB)

Kim
Valinor

Sep 10 2015, 2:50am

Post #32 of 34 (546 views)
Shortcut
Thank goodness you survived intact! [In reply to] Can't Post

I suspect the black arts were involved. It's the only explanation for the fog you appeared to be under for the first 2 movies. It's a good thing you didn't get lost in the swirling snow on the way home in your bemused state after the first viewing.

I'll be mixing drinks on the River! Hmmm, we might have to start thinking about docking the boat for the winter and switching to hot chocolate (with a little something extra) when the time comes.

Thorin is prepared to defend us against any land-based obstacles once we dock.

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 10 2015, 7:07pm

Post #33 of 34 (529 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! And there's no need to dock the boat... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Even if the River should freeze over, since we have a long experience in building icebreakers in our respective countries. All River travelers could just sail in the wake of one, all the way through autumn & winter waters until new summer - while enjoying hot cocoa and coffee drinks in the tones of Thorin's hair (as Avandel has pointed out, I think: even the cream in our drinks complimenting the creamy stripes Tongue) AND admire the icy scenery reflecting the color of his eyes Angelic later in the year. (There's no end to the River, after all. TongueCool)

Attachments: ice_2.jpg (10.5 KB)

Kim
Valinor

Sep 11 2015, 5:10am

Post #34 of 34 (520 views)
Shortcut
Excellent points Ilmatar! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll just shift into cold weather mode and snuggle up on the houseboat with our hot cocoa and icy scenery! Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.