what was the last filmed scene?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 8:55pm

Post #1 of 34 (2253 views)
Shortcut
what was the last filmed scene? Can't Post

Just for curiosity: what was the last thing filmed for The Hobbit?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/12/martin-freeman-wraps-filming-the-hobbit-trilogy
In this link, we have a picture of Bilbo saying goodbye, and PJ says this is the last day of Martin as Bilbo. And as we can see, Bilbo is in Erebor: Funeral? Or maybe this is from the Battle of the Forges. Yeah, I have a theory this is the last scene, because they filmed it after The Hobbit turn into a trilogy, and they left Smaug's dead to the prologue of BOTFA and needed of a final climax to the end of Dos.

What you guys think of it? (sorry for the bad english!!!)

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 5 2015, 9:28pm

Post #2 of 34 (2144 views)
Shortcut
PJ said... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that big parts of the battle where not filmed until the pickups in 2013. So it could be something from that.

It would have been a shot with PJ all by himself moving the camera around... But in terms of a scene with a real set and actors I don't think we have been told that, yet. There were newspaper articles that claimed Thorin falling on his knees after the battle was the last one filmed... But I am not sure what RA actually said and whether he may just have meant his last scene. The last scene of principal photography was, if I remember correctly, on the DG set.

I am sure they will comment on it on the EE.

(I think for LotR it was some skulls rolling around for the EE of RotK in the spring of 2004 with principal photography having ended on the Minas Tirith and Pelennor sets in 2000.)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Sep 5 2015, 9:42pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 5 2015, 9:47pm

Post #3 of 34 (2108 views)
Shortcut
RA [In reply to] Can't Post

Just looked it up and RA did say that his last scene was with Azog when they kill each other... He doesn't mention whether it was the last scene in general, though.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 9:56pm

Post #4 of 34 (2102 views)
Shortcut
The last scene of principlal photogaphy [In reply to] Can't Post

was a scene with Gandalf, Radagast and Beorn in mirkwood.
You can see it on the production diary 8.
https://youtu.be/cTUQi8HBlg4
At about 11.50

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:07pm

Post #5 of 34 (2083 views)
Shortcut
so [In reply to] Can't Post

in the funeral they used a toll of Thorin

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:24pm

Post #6 of 34 (2062 views)
Shortcut
What do you mean? [In reply to] Can't Post

The funeral was filmd during principole photogaphy in 2012 and Thorin vs Azog in pickups 2013. You do know they don't shot things in the right order they are in the film?

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:27pm

Post #7 of 34 (2058 views)
Shortcut
the extended edition scenes were filmed all in 2013? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:35pm

Post #8 of 34 (2048 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of it yes but not all. Things that was in the two part film (like the funeral) Was filmd during Principole photogaphy (2011-2012) the parts that was added for the three films (Thorin vs Azog) was filmd during pickups ( late 2012 for AUJ and 2013 for DOS and TBOFA)

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:48pm

Post #9 of 34 (2038 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if [In reply to] Can't Post

the carrock-eagles scene is part of the pickups in 2012

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 10:50pm

Post #10 of 34 (2034 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is. [In reply to] Can't Post

The carrock scene was the last thing they filmd during pickups 2012.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2015, 2:57am

Post #11 of 34 (1953 views)
Shortcut
The very last day of filming with the actors: [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson blogged about it.

For a summary, go here: http://www.firstshowing.net/...-filming-the-hobbit/

For the actual blogs, go here, and click "previous" to work your way through to the end of the day: https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=1&theater

So the last scene directed by PJ was with RA. The last scene shot - directed by Christian Rivers - was with Aidan Turner.

Many of their fellow Dwarves were in attendance watching the filming. And afterwards, I understand, they all went out and got drunk. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 6 2015, 3:10am

Post #12 of 34 (1948 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Many of their fellow Dwarves were in attendance watching the filming. And afterwards, I understand, they all went out and got drunk. Smile

Well, they ARE dwarves after all *grins*.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2015, 4:55am

Post #13 of 34 (1915 views)
Shortcut
That picture... [In reply to] Can't Post

Goes along with this dialogue in my head:

"It comes in gallons? I'm getting one!"

Laugh

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 7 2015, 2:02am

Post #14 of 34 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves in a restaurant [In reply to] Can't Post

*shamelessly steals pic from Avadel*Cool

Dwalin: "Man, I'm hungry - let's see what's on the menu. Have you eaten yet, Thorin?"

Thorin: "Who can eat at a time like this? I'm going to drown my sorrows in this ale."

Dwalin: "You could drown yourself in that mug - so what's bothering you?"

Thorin: "Oh, let's see - chased by Azog, running out of time, having to travel through Mirkwood - and now Beorn tells me that a sickness lies over that forest?

Dwalin: "I thought he said a darkness lies over that forest?"

Thorin: "Sickness, darkness, whatever - this is ill news. I think I'll have another drink."

Dwalin: "But you haven't finished your first one yet!"

Thorin: "Oh yeah, right. No time like the present. Bottom's up!"

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 7 2015, 2:12am

Post #15 of 34 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rofl!

For those of us who aren't Americans (with our weird system of measurement) a gallon is about three and a half liters Smile

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 7 2015, 2:14am

Post #16 of 34 (1564 views)
Shortcut
You forgot to mention [In reply to] Can't Post

That Thorin is preparing for his possible confrontation with Thranduil, and hoping that his breath will frighten all elves away within a hundred miles. And if it doesn't, then he's storing up a hearty belch for his lovely elven greeting Evil

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 7 2015, 7:12am

Post #17 of 34 (1525 views)
Shortcut
sweet breath of ale... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin is preparing for his possible confrontation with Thranduil, and hoping that his breath will frighten all elves away within a hundred miles.

I happened upon this breath-related revelation - it's not that surprising that even Thorin's breath is #majestic and irresistible. Naturally, elves might disagree, so Thorin's plan might work after all. Tongue

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 7 2015, 4:39pm

Post #18 of 34 (1400 views)
Shortcut
bwahaha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you come up with that yourself? If so, I'm wondering how the "Kili no" part fits in (the rest had me in stitches) Wink

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 7 2015, 5:54pm

Post #19 of 34 (1369 views)
Shortcut
No, it's not mine [In reply to] Can't Post

I literally happened upon this a long time ago and saved it together with some other silly/fun pics. Unfortunately I have no idea of the source.

As for "Kili no", I imagine it's there just to illustrate poor Thorin's frustration - there he is, busy trying to lead his comrades away from harm's way and looking after his nephews, but it's hard when even members of his own Company have momentary lapses of judgment and express their appreciation in awkward ways... TongueAngelicCool

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 7 2015, 6:05pm

Post #20 of 34 (1361 views)
Shortcut
This thread is dead [In reply to] Can't Post

Ilmatar
Rohan

Sep 7 2015, 6:34pm

Post #21 of 34 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Possibly, but not definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

By certain standards it might be said that the thread has been dead for a while then. Tongue (Thread hijacks are accidental, unavoidable, amicable, and not to be taken personally. Smile)

But nothing is preventing anyone from posting their views about the last filmed scene - supposing it has not already been found out by earlier discussion in this thread (?) - see the post by dernwyn, and others.

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 7 2015, 7:02pm

Post #22 of 34 (1332 views)
Shortcut
ROFLOL!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love this.....*snigger*

Thorin: "Oh yeah, right. No time like the present. Bottom's up!"

But #majestically, of course......

Angelic

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 7 2015, 7:30pm

Post #23 of 34 (1319 views)
Shortcut
*Snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

And besides, at least in my country, running off with "dead STUFF" isn't considered much of a crime, per se. I mean it depends, of course.

And anyway, few things are more HEARTWARMING than the thought of hairy little dwarves relaxing with copious amounts of food and drink, after their long journey.HeartHeartHeart

Especially ThorinHeart, who in fact only got a mouthful of bread and some spoonfuls of soup, all across Middle Earth. He's just amazing!!!!CoolCoolCool

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 8 2015, 3:43am

Post #24 of 34 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Oh, we're just having a bit of fun [In reply to] Can't Post

And besides, I didn't even mention Thorin's hair. NOTHING derails a thread like the Hair of Durins!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kim
Valinor

Sep 8 2015, 5:28am

Post #25 of 34 (1241 views)
Shortcut
And yet somehow [In reply to] Can't Post

it's inevitable! Wink Continuing on with...epic battle hair!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.