List of Bonus Materials for BOTFA SEE
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 5 2015, 3:01pm

Post #26 of 39 (2958 views)
Shortcut
Lee got a lot of tributes... [In reply to] Can't Post

... documentaries and news pieces all over the world.

Lesnie is much less known, behind the camera. And will get the tribute by the colleagues who knew him best. I think that's great.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Sep 5 2015, 4:52pm

Post #27 of 39 (2926 views)
Shortcut
a petition...? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think PJ is well aware that fans would want a longer cut, but apparently there's only twenty minutes worth of footage that he feels is worth adding to the EE. I don't think a petition would do anything to make him more aware or persuade Warner Bros to suddenly give him a few millions dollars to make an EXTRA-extended cut.

makingstarwars
Bree

Sep 5 2015, 4:59pm

Post #28 of 39 (2913 views)
Shortcut
seeing that runs time [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like this version could have just been in theaters to begin with I feel silly waiting an extra 8 months to purchase this

nomin

Sep 5 2015, 5:48pm

Post #29 of 39 (2888 views)
Shortcut
The last stage [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
10. old nest

What does old nest mean?

No one really knows yet as that is merely a rough translation - Japanese -> German -> English

But the only major clue is the 'July 26, 2013' date that is attached to that segment of the Chronicles.
That and its placement in the order indicates it is about a section of the film that was shot at the end of pickups in 2013.

Three other translations using popular online translation tools give the following very crude translations
'The original 2005/2006'
'The original of old haunt'
'The former home of the original'

My own hunch is it could be a brief bit about Gundabad - but then again the filming of that would have just been a lot of Green Screen and a big rock, and about 4 seconds long!

I googled the original words in Japanese and interestingly found it was exactly the translation of 'the last stage', the tittle of the last chapter of The Hobbit. Although it literally means 'the former home of the oringinal'. That's quite a free translation. Then it would be the section concerning Shire.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2015, 5:51pm

Post #30 of 39 (2885 views)
Shortcut
This is the most likely reason. [In reply to] Can't Post

I see a lot of people taking a very personal offense at this, but projects like these have deadlines. Lee's passing was relatively recent, and I suspected at the time that they wouldn't be able to include anything regarding it for this release.

That's just the way things roll.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 5 2015, 6:03pm

Post #31 of 39 (2873 views)
Shortcut
Then if you feel silly about it don't buy it - that's easy [In reply to] Can't Post

But for myself, I can't see why a few minutes either way makes any difference. If you don't want the EE (and all the extras that come with it) it would be silly to buy it. If you do want it and have the money then it wouldn't.

LSF
Gondor

Sep 5 2015, 8:35pm

Post #32 of 39 (2836 views)
Shortcut
Petition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Petition for a three-hour cut, only because it isn't at least 3 hours long like the others are? We haven't even seen it yet to determine if what was changed and added is good, so this would seem a very minor reason to petition for longer. When we see it, then we can determine if it's long enough for the story. But I'm not sad that its not 3 hours.

I'd rather not have what I would call the "school assignment paper" cut, with a required minimum length. You know how you're 1 page short of the 10-page minimum, so you fill it out with stupid crap that you know is crap, and the teacher will probably know is crap, but you have to do it anyway? I'd rather not see PJ do this with the extended version of this movie.

nomin

Sep 5 2015, 9:24pm

Post #33 of 39 (2824 views)
Shortcut
From Warner Bros. Japan [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is a list with more detailed information at Warner Bros. Japan, still in Japanese. According to the posts of you, adt100 and DJU, I tried to translate them into English.
Note: Run times of some features slightly differ from those from BBFC.

New Zealand: home of Middle-earth part3 6m5s

Around 249m
The battle of the five armies, The chronicles of the Hobbit

Opening 3m

1. The fastness of the Dark Lord: Dol guldur -May 2011 29m30s

2. Fire and water: attack of Smaug - Aug 2011/Apr 2012 15m

3. Under the shadow of the mountain: Rock & Pillar Range - Nov 2011 20m

4. In the wake of the dragon: Lake Pukaki - Dec 2012 29m30s

5. The gathering of the clouds: Erebor - May-June 2012 29m30s

6. Parting: end of shooting - June-July 2012 27m

7. The clouds burst: Dale - June 2013 18m

8. A last desperate stand: Ravenhill - June 2013 26m

9. Sortie from the gate: pickup shooting for Erebor - July 2013 18m

10. The last stage- July 26th 2013 29m30s

11. End credits 4m

Around 245m

The world of Middle-earth

When the thunder roars ~gathering of the five armies~ 25m
1. The purpose of Saruman
2. The battlefront
3. Changes in the situation

The peoples and denizens of Middle-earth. 90m
1. Tauriel - A female wood elf
2. Thranduil - The king of the wood elves
3. Dàin Ironfoot - A dwarf of the Iron Hills

Realms of the Third Age 90m30s
1. Dale - country of humans
2. Dol guldur- Hill of Socery
3. Erebor - the Lonely Mountain

Farewell, friends. 15m

Andrew Lesnie remembered 4m39s

Treasured footage 20m
1. Marathon in 2011
2. Music clip -Rivers Of Gold
3. Adam Brown

End credits

Thrain II
Lorien

Sep 5 2015, 9:31pm

Post #34 of 39 (2814 views)
Shortcut
Nice, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am mostly intrigued to see The purpose of Saruman, and all Dol Guldur behind the scenes.

And of course all the Dain stuff! Sly

TheHutt
Gondor

Sep 6 2015, 6:25am

Post #35 of 39 (2748 views)
Shortcut
Is it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it really "The purpose of Saruman", not "of Sauron"?

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

DjU
Lorien

Sep 6 2015, 4:06pm

Post #36 of 39 (2660 views)
Shortcut
The Last Stage [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I googled the original words in Japanese and interestingly found it was exactly the translation of 'the last stage', the tittle of the last chapter of The Hobbit. Although it literally means 'the former home of the oringinal'. That's quite a free translation. Then it would be the section concerning Shire.

Really good catch on the 'The Last Stage' translation - not sure how that had eluded us all!

However it will most definitely not be anything to do with The Shire/Hobbiton or Bag End - practically all of that was shot in 2011 (The Martin Freeman Bag End stuff in Block One when they filmed all the stuff for the Begin of Film 1 - The Ian Holm stuff when they visited Pinewood in mid 2011 and all the Auction stuff when they did the Location work in late 2011). In fact it might be that a lot of the Shire stuff won't get covered in the Chronicles as they have already done a big segment on it.

With that in mind, plus you deducing it was 'The Last Stage' and the fact it has July 26, 2013 attached to it, it has now become startlingly obvious what that segment will be about;

The hectic last day of filming Pick Ups - If people remember they tried to do a bit of live blogging on Facebook about the last day - they apparently had a major set up on every stage that day and PJ and Christian Rivers spent they whole day frantically skipping between stages and doing pick ups on a massive amount of different scenes. So I reckon it will cover a diverse range of scenes.

nomin

Sep 7 2015, 2:23am

Post #37 of 39 (2581 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is it really "The purpose of Saruman", not "of Sauron"?

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. Yes, it is "The purpose of Sauron". How careless of me!

In Reply To
I am mostly intrigued to see The purpose of Saruman, and all Dol Guldur behind the scenes.

I'm sorry, Thrain II. I've made a mistake and misled you. It should be "The purpose of Sauron".

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 9 2015, 2:28pm

Post #38 of 39 (2414 views)
Shortcut
BBFC rating for another bonus feature yesterday .... [In reply to] Can't Post

THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES EXTENDED EDITION - OUT FROM THE GATE - EREBOR PICK-UPS - JULY 2013 [Additional Material]Running time 28 mins 44 secs

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/...-ups-july-2013-video

NManfredi
Rivendell

Sep 9 2015, 4:27pm

Post #39 of 39 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Back of the EE DVD & BR now available to watch on Amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted to tell you that the back cover of both the EE DVD and BR are now available to watch on Amazon.com!

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Battle-Armies-Extended-Blu-ray/dp/B014GJBU68/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1441814839&sr=1-1&keywords=the+hobbit+the+battle+of+the+five+armies+extended+edition

And here I leave you a description of the movie's features on the BR back cover:

"Disc 1: Extended Edition, Plus Filmmaker's Commentary.
Includes: New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth –Part 3.

Disc 2: The Appendices Part II: The Gathering Storm. The Chronicles of The Hobbit –Part 3.

(Spoilers warning):
Learn what it was really like to be on set with stores from cast and crew as they share their most essential, memorable and entertaining moments from production, and see stunts and effects in action as they're filmed.

Disc 3: The Appendices Part 12: Here at Journey's End.

(Spoilers warning):
Plan alongside the filmmakers as they create one of the most complex cinematic battles ever filmed. Watch how makeup, hair, prosthetics, costumes and weapons come together to form new characters, and explore key realms. Then join the filmmakers as they bid an emotional farewell to Middle-earth."

Finally we have some more information! I'm really excited to see the bonus features. Now I must go back to my studies, have a nice day you all!
"Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing! And I have seen it only for an instant in the house of Elrond! Could I not have a sight of it again?"

(This post was edited by NManfredi on Sep 9 2015, 4:30pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.