The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Great news for Graham McTavish fans!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 1 2015, 3:16am

Post #1 of 7 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Great news for Graham McTavish fans! Can't Post

So, I was aware that Graham McTavish has two movies in post-production, but I found out about another one just today. First up is "Creed," a kind of "Son of Rocky" movie (except that it's "Son of Apollo Creed"), with Sylvester Stallone agreeing to mentor the kid. Graham plays a businessman that is possibly backing the kid, played by Michael B. Jordan. Well that sounds interesting, but not as good as the second movie. Called "The Finest Hour," it's based on a true story of a Coast Guard rescue of an oil tanker crew in 1952. It has a stellar cast, including Chris Pine, Casey Afflec and Eric Bana. Now that's my kind of movie!

But today I got a tweet from Graham (sort of) about a New Zealand Indie movie called "Realiti" on Vimeo, and I've got to say it looks terribly intriguing! Plus the trailer looks AWESOME! Check it out:

https://twitter.com/...7892&nid=244+592

Interesting that it's out on Vimeo, I thought it was a place where people could put their movies on but I thought it was to try and get distribution deals. But maybe I'm wrong about that, if anyone knows please let us know. In the meantime, Go GRAHAM!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 1 2015, 5:26am)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Sep 1 2015, 5:03am

Post #2 of 7 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Good to hear about Graham McTavish [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember the first time I saw him in the movie called 'Secretariat', which I loved, BTW. He was good in that one too. And he's absolutely stellar as Dougal McKenzie in the Outlander series! Yeah!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 1 2015, 5:32am

Post #3 of 7 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Freaky. [In reply to] Can't Post

That Realti trailer makes me think I'll either really like the film or be really annoyed by it.

BTW the lead guy in Realti also played the lead in a 1990s comic horror film called Black Sheep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PkMPAlMFo

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Annael
Immortal

Sep 1 2015, 1:26pm

Post #4 of 7 (1066 views)
Shortcut
He steals the show in "Outlander" imho [In reply to] Can't Post

and that's saying something, because the stars are excellent. But Graham walks into camera view and they all fade away.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Sep 1 2015, 2:21pm

Post #5 of 7 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Graham is Great [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm happy for whatever success he enjoys. I watched the trailer for "The Finest Hours" a while ago because, ahem, Chris Pine ... anyway, caught sight of a big, bristle-bearded character and thought, "hey, I know you." Wink

The second season of Outlander is supposed to take place in Paris but I hope Dougal doesn't stay scarce the entire season, He's one of the series' most interesting characters and so perfect for the role.

Hernevernen!!

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Sep 1 2015, 2:30pm

Post #6 of 7 (1058 views)
Shortcut
He is indeed larger than life [In reply to] Can't Post

but for me, Sam Heughan as Jamie has the same effect when he's on-screen! Heart

If you've read the books, you know what's a-comin....

Shocked

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Legomir
Rivendell

Sep 7 2015, 9:42pm

Post #7 of 7 (958 views)
Shortcut
I had no idea he was in Creed [In reply to] Can't Post

That makes me want to see the movie more! At first, I was apprehensive because Rocky Balboa seemed to end the series so well.

Either way, I love the success Graham McTavish has had. I've been a fan of him for years and was extremely excited when he was cast as Dwalin.

I just hope he had enough time to return to his role of Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.