The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
FotR Prologue

rangerfromthenorth
Rivendell

Aug 31 2015, 5:56pm

Post #1 of 5 (1650 views)
Shortcut
FotR Prologue Can't Post

I sat down and watched the fellowship this past week and as usual I was blown away by the Cate Blanchett narrated prologue. Is there more epic and well done prologue in the history of film?

It got thinking, it would be awesome if Blanchett continued to narrate the entire story in some 15-20 minute summary of the War of the Ring. I would sit down and watch that time to time just to relive the epic saga in a short period. Forget a crowd funidng to build Minas Tirith--this would more attainable.

I know, it is just a pipe-dream, but I felt like sharing i

Not all those who wander are lost

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 31 2015, 6:22pm

Post #2 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut
epilogue [In reply to] Can't Post

You almost sort of got your wish. She was originally supposed to narrate the end of the movie too. I'm not sure if that would have been the abandoned epilogue or some other section of the ending though.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 31 2015, 8:58pm

Post #3 of 5 (1609 views)
Shortcut
PJ thought of Frodo too [In reply to] Can't Post

and made Elijah Wood record a version of that, but in the end they gave it to Galadriel because an Elf would have been involved in more events, than a Hobbit- even the Ring-bearer.
I must admit that Elijah's version was not bad, but Cate is betterHeart

balbo biggins
Rohan

Sep 1 2015, 2:02am

Post #4 of 5 (1575 views)
Shortcut
three rings... [In reply to] Can't Post

that prologue is possibly the best part of the whole trilogy, inspired to have cate blanchet narrate as it really could have been any number of people.

I do secretly wish they'd had a black screen with the 'three rings for the elven kings...and in the darkness bind them' text at the start , just like in the book it has it. thats what made me read the darn thing, and just sets the imagination running!

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Oct 18 2015, 10:48am

Post #5 of 5 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Yep... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was brilliant!

I was a Star Wars fan before these films came out and NEVER thought that trilogy would be topped - Guess I was wrong! Now I never think any films will ever top these... The bar has been lifted too high!

Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.