The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
One more trailer?

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 30 2015, 1:08pm

Post #1 of 12 (1813 views)
Shortcut
One more trailer? Can't Post

Does anyone think we may get at least one more trailer for the EE? One e focuses solely on the EE and not the triogy as a whole. Or possibly a one brief clip from the EE?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 30 2015, 1:34pm

Post #2 of 12 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Well, yeah. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure that there will be at least one full trailer devoted solely to TH:BotFA-EE. The latest one we have now is for the extended trilogy.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 30 2015, 5:00pm

Post #3 of 12 (1589 views)
Shortcut
probably [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll probably get one similar to the ones we got for AUJ and DoS, which I personally thought were very underwhelming (but better than nothing).

Now about that clip...

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 30 2015, 6:07pm

Post #4 of 12 (1531 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially, you know, a trailer to encourage early Christmas shopping (get the boxed EE set for under your tree!, or the EE BOFA at least). One Last Time....

All this is probably being timed re the EE download and disk release to the second by marketing firms to maximize the dollar grab - not being cynical Cool- re sales of anything, I would. Because this is business *shrug*. If I am going to go to the trouble of making a product, packaging, shipping, licensing, arranging exclusives, PR and so on, I am going to want to make that money back and more. Also I'd have to get those dollars as the much anticipated hype for SW rolls out.

Think we'll get a clip, too.Tongue

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2015, 1:41am

Post #5 of 12 (1361 views)
Shortcut
That would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another trailer when it comes time for the home release. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one either. I hope there is at least one more, anyway.

Lord I give you everything, Anything you want from me
Take my past and my future I lay it at your feet
Yeah, I'm after your heart, you've stolen mine
I give you my all 'cause you gave up your life
I'm not who I was simply because, Oh, you set me free

And you change me from what I used to be
Opened my eyes, now I can see
You're making this life so beautiful
So beautiful

~"Beautiful" by Dan Bremnes

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 31 2015, 3:08am

Post #6 of 12 (1344 views)
Shortcut
My apologies I was not specific in my original post... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was referring to another trailer for the EE before the theater release, as I do anticipate there will be at least one for the BR/DVD. Gotta get those box sets wrapped and under trees. Wink

Let's be honest, the brief 50 seconds of footage in the trilogy trailer - while I am glad to have it after such a long wait - isn't, IMO, anything to write home about. Unsure Most of it was retakes of scenes from the TE official trailer that did not make the TE cut while the new never before seen material was all cgi action sequences. Unsure Personally, I would have liked to have a glimpse of a never before seen character moment...preferably with a character who hasn't had their fair share screen time *cough* Fili/Beorn. Angelic

Of course with only 20 minutes of extra footage - if there was to be one more trailer before the theater release - I do not expect for it to be fresh out of the bag. But rather a revised version of TE official (or teaser) trailer per se, with a scene hear or there removed replaced with new footage.

Withywindle
Bree

Aug 31 2015, 3:28pm

Post #7 of 12 (1234 views)
Shortcut
Correct me if I'm wrong... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but two trailers were confirmed? Were they not? As to whether it will be focused on the BOFA EE, and not the trilogy as a whole, would probably depend on when the trailer is released. If the trailer is released before the theater showings of AUJ and DOS EEs, like the one we have now, it would probably be focused on the whole trilogy, IMO. There is a space of almost a week between the showing of DOS EE and the showing of BOFA EE. There could be a trailer released between those. If it was released after the DOS EE is shown in theaters, then it will be focused on BOFA EE, IMO it would not make sense otherwise.
Hope this post was not too confusing. Oh, sorry I did not introduce myself. I'm Withywindle. I have been a lurker since around summer 2012, but a Tolkien fan longer than that. Hope to have many great discussions with TORners in the future.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Aug 31 2015, 4:13pm

Post #8 of 12 (1217 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to the forum Withywindle [In reply to] Can't Post

and you are right, two trailers are confirmed.
Main trailer: 2min 37s
Teaser trailer: 1min 44s
http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread
The EE trailer we got was 2min 31s

(This post was edited by Smaug the iron on Aug 31 2015, 4:14pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 31 2015, 4:51pm

Post #9 of 12 (1199 views)
Shortcut
but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are we sure those are actually for the EE? It seems really odd that those times are the lengths of the original theatrical trailers last year.

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Aug 31 2015, 5:01pm

Post #10 of 12 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Donīt know [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it is fore the EE, and AUJ EE AND DOS EE didenīt have the theatrical trailer on the bones features only the theatrical version had.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 31 2015, 5:32pm

Post #11 of 12 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Hi Withywindle... [In reply to] Can't Post

you are right Smile, it was announced there would be two trailers. I had forgotten about this. Thank you. Smile Now I'm like a giddy little kid during those last few weeks right before the holidays. Laugh

lionoferebor
Rohan

Aug 31 2015, 5:41pm

Post #12 of 12 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Actually... [In reply to] Can't Post

according to the bbfc site http://www.bbfc.co.uk/...tle-five-armies-2014 the runtime for the two EE trailers are different from those of TE trailers.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.