Emotional Hurting and in being too sensible and idealistic person

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 29 2015, 11:24am

Post #1 of 14 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Emotional Hurting and in being too sensible and idealistic person Can't Post

Hi all

I know is not a usual topic. And though maybe is not the right place to do it, I told to myself : Why not sharing this with the ringers who have this same passion as me?

I know someone could tell that this has nothing to do with this page or even Tolkien, but I think it has, like a lot.

Im hurt right now, I have emotional pain. And yes, I´m talking about love. Why not?

I feel alone. I´ve become not a perfect man at all, but I think I am funny, more or less smart, not bad looking, etc. I know this because in fact I have no problem meeting people of the other genre. But when it comes down to having a relationship everything evaporates infront of my nose.

Ii know many of you may say when you least expect it love will come. I have done that, even I isolated myself from the world for a couple of weeks not wanting to have anything with love and all that, and BAM this girl managed to locate me and chat with me. So love came, to dissapear again...

I have a very unique way of feeling, I am emphatic, I dont want to play at all with others feelings, I did that like ten years ago. Maybe its karma but the payback is becoming overwelming. I like listen to people, their problems, caring them. When I met a girl that I am interested in I pay a lot of attemption to her and usually all of them feel secure and comfortable with me, but every single time they flee when it comes to something more happening. They play with me, they use me as a relief, momentary relief, because there are not many men around that know how to treat not only a woman but a person right. Simply they dont want it, they prefer a bad guy instead. Im not kinda super sensitive man, Im only a person with his feet on the ground I think, but I truly enjoy listening people.

Im not of those who enter in a rage or nothing, so I feel they know that and turn the tide against me when I try to speak myself up. Whatever

What this has to do with Tolkien? Well, I feel I connected with Tolkien in such a way because he portrayed in his books the values I have in my heart. Im not a perfect person, but I know im somehow special, it is not me who has been saying this but the people around me, and somehow Ii always knew that. But I feel alone, terribly alone, though in the past ten years I learned to live alone. But is a heavy lesson to learn and from time to time when you meet someone and you open your armour only to get hurted again you grow tired, each time more

I have the feeling that nowadays society has lost all those values, and that love, in this young period of life ( Im not so I have 30 now) has become literally a jungle. No one put himself into compromise, and the understanding of a relationship as a growing path two persons share is all but an atractive perspective

I feel like a circus, I play my best, people usually gets marvelled and approaches but at the end of the show no one wants to stay behind the curtain

Thats why I find love like Beren and Luthien so appealing, but Ii feel that is for another age and time of history, not mine, not in the place I live at least...

Ii know its a book but it gathers many of the things I wished to believe, and if you believe in those things I think that evil just wants to suffocate the good will of hearts like mine. I am becoming sceptic, and a person full of hate sometimes, and is so tyring to live ike that

But everything I see around me is people who actually have couples and they dont vallue them, they hurt each other and have nothing of the high vision of love, pure and respectfull that elves would have, or the simple day a day love that a hobbit would share, non of that is anymore, only a jungle of emotional vampires

I feel tired, angry, and old. Sometimes hope becomes a poison.

Iim sorry if I annoyed someone opening my heart here a bit.

Tolkien is not an author, is a refuge for me, he is like a sheperd in the mountains who, in the middle of a gale opens the dor of his little house and allows me to warm in.

I think a movie marathon is coming...

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 29 2015, 1:34pm

Post #2 of 14 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Love is poetry and life has many prosaic moments [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush
Anyway I think the most difficult thing in our lives is finding one of the people (yes, because there is no unique perfect, other half, but we will meet some possible choices in the course of our life) who can be suitable for us.
Because... what do we really want, and need? Emotionally speaking, I mean.
Do we need someone to cling to, and to steer our life, or give itsome order?
Do we need someone to protect, because we feel strong enough for two?
Do we need a travelling companion for good times and bad times- believe me, bad times put to the test the best of relationships, and they are many...Crazy

Flamboyant people, who enter our lives breezily, are attractive, but do you want a breezy, passionate, intense relationship- brief but totally enjoyable? Do you prefer a more stable relationship?

The tricky point is just understanding what we presently need.
If I am on holiday in a foreign country, maybe I won't be on the lookout for the love of my life, will I?
Tongue

And then, there is a little secret that I have learned after many years of doubts: people are always attracted by a self-confident, smiling person, who doesn't "feel foul" ( I mean in the Aragorn sense).
If you have something that gratifies you, for instance a job, or a hobby, people will feel you are fair, even if you look a little foul...
Because physical appearance doesn't matter, self-confidence does.

I hope I didn't bore you Smile

Annael
Immortal

Aug 29 2015, 7:36pm

Post #3 of 14 (1244 views)
Shortcut
I hope this doesn't come across as harsh [In reply to] Can't Post

but if you keep having the same problem with every relationship, you do need to think about what's the common denominator in all of these: YOU.

Maybe you're coming across differently from how you think you are? It might be worth asking the girls you know for feedback.

Or maybe it's "selection error" - you keep going after the same type of girl. I know at one point in my life I inevitably picked a guy who would "dance away" and never get serious, and I ignored the guys who really wanted to be with me.

For that reason I am a big fan of counseling. I went when I was 19 and it changed my life. It didn't change ME, just made me more aware and stop picking the wrong guys.

I can confirm that girls are often drawn to "bad boys" at a certain stage of life. I was. Trust me, they will learn their lesson and at some point realize that they really want a nice guy instead. Time is on your side.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Aug 29 2015, 7:39pm)

Cirashala
Valinor

Aug 29 2015, 7:52pm

Post #4 of 14 (1235 views)
Shortcut
I have been in your position [In reply to] Can't Post

many times, in fact. I don't know if you are religious, but I am a Christian and believe in God, and as such I also have many of those values that are seemingly "outdated" in modern society.

What I ended up doing was stopping my own search for love, and put it in God's hands. I do believe that, if it is His plan for you, you will find someone. Maybe not now, maybe not ten years from now (my uncle and aunt got married only five years ago- he was 46 and she was 51 and neither had been previously married- and they have a very strong marriage and were pleased that they waited for the person God had in store for them). But if it is in His plan, you will find that special someone someday. And you'll be glad you waited, and besides- you only need one person, if it's the right one Wink

Anyway, my own personal story- I put it in God's hands, much like my aunt and uncle did, and though I didn't have to wait quite as long as they did, I did find my other half. Are either of us perfect? HARDLY- pfft! But we are as perfect for each other as one can get, considering our pesky human nature Wink

My advice is this- leave it in God's hands (or if you don't believe in God, then just leave it as it will come when it comes). And try to forge friendships with ladies WITHOUT the intention or expectations of it becoming something more. Allow either God or just time to forge it into something more. The strongest marriages often start as friendships (mine did), and the friendship (and God at the center, if you believe in Him) builds the foundation for your relationship.

I used to be a cake decorator, and came up with this analogy: A cake without icing is still good, you can eat it, and you can enjoy it. Icing without cake will taste good at first, but will have no substance and make you sick. A cake with icing is wonderful, but without the cake underneath the icing becomes worthless.

We treated our relationship like that. Heck, because of personal issues in the past with me and guys who wanted more than I was willing to give and conviction, we didn't even KISS until our marriage vows (I'm not joking- I'm dead serious). My now-husband respected that boundary, and that was one of the indications that he was the one. No one else I'd ever run into- crushes and two previous boyfriends- respected my boundaries the way he did.

And we celebrated our 7th anniversary at the beginning of this summer Heart

If a girl is "just looking for a good time" putting the boundaries of no sex, no first second or any base (this is an American idiom for levels of personal intimacy- I can clarify if you don't get it), and unwilling to be open or discuss values or other items of substance (the "cake" of a relationship) then you will not only know that she isn't the one, she doesn't respect you, and if that's what she's looking for she won't stick around once she realizes that the "fun" she's looking for is not the same fun you're looking for (a relationship of substance).

If a girl is willing to stick around and nurture that friendship without the "good time fun" that the ladies I mentioned in the above paragraph, then that shows that she's willing to work at the relationship (friendship, possibly leading to something further), and that she's willing to build a relationship of substance, and willing to be patient and wait and respect you.

THAT sort of woman is the kind of person that is wise to have a friendship/relationship with, and she's the kind of person who will, if marriage happens, be more likely to stick it out and work at it. ALL relationships take work, and marriage especially. Those who are willing to work at it and invest time into it devoid of sexual intimacy prior to marriage are the kinds of people who will stick by you even through illness and struggles (the substance of cake means that, should someone become paralyzed in a car accident for example, and sex doesn't occur, the marriage will stay strong because sex is the icing- not 100% necessary for the survival of the relationship but a lovely complement and most definitely not the foundation of it). When a new baby is around and no one is sleeping, when illness strikes or a job loss, when good times are had and when the mirror tells you both that you're getting older, when you have an argument and REALLY don't like the person at the moment but still love them because you chose to do so despite them making you cranky- a good woman and a good man who love each other, have a marriage of substance, and support each other, communicate, and invest that time into each other (and God at the center of their marriage) are those who will be able to survive the trials that will come and come out of it stronger (much like Aragorn Wink). And by love I don't mean the "warm fuzzy butterflies in the stomach" infatuation, but the long lasting love and commitment.

People were confused when we picked this song as our wedding song (and first dance) because it was written by a man to his wife after she suffered severe depression when they lost their daughter (no it's not addressing that loss, but it is an encouraging and beautiful love song- a mature love song, not butterflies). But this song is beautiful because it addresses the long lasting love and commitment that marriage should be defined by, not the passing infatuation (that, when ends, causes many couples without substance to split up). This is Agape- the type of love where marriages last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6eAXcr-K8

I encourage you to look for the lady who has substance, who is willing to invest the time into a relationship, who is willing to hold off on the "good times fun" and respects your boundaries, and is willing to develop that friendship first. And if you believe in God, look to it that the lady also has a deep and personal relationship with Him, not just "believes that He exists" and keep God at the center of your marriage.

Mine has had it's ups and downs with chronic illness and stress, with raising kiddos that can be stubborn little stinkers at times but also a joy, times when I adore my husband and times where I can't stand him- ALL relationships have those ups and downs. Going through the downs together can make you stronger and strengthen your relationship if your commitment and hearts are there. I choose to love my husband during the joys of life and during the tough times because true love is a choice.

And fyi- not sure if this is too much info, but the icing parts of our marriage weren't affected by lacking the icing prior to our wedding, but in fact coming into marriage without that baggage served to make our icing very good. It's a complete myth that one must be intimate prior to marriage, because that sets the foundation and focus on the relationship on that, and not on the substance that a relationship needs to thrive. In fact, my husband knew of one couple who lived together and were physically intimate for SEVEN YEARS prior to getting married, and within two years got divorced because that's all their relationship was based on. Once that fizzled out, their relationship had no substance, and it failed.

And though life has been rough for myself and my husband lately with my chronic illness issues, our marriage is stronger than ever Heart Because we have substance and because God is at the center of our marriage.

Good luck! I know it's very frustrating when you don't see the woman of your dreams in sight- believe me! As I said, I was right there with you (ended up going to prom with my sister because I didn't have a brother and no one asked me, and didn't even get asked out for a date until I was 19).

But hold onto your values, and don't give up Evil There are very few things that no one can take away from you without your consent- you values, and your faith. Not even a gun to the head can take those away from you if you do not consent to it. I strongly applaud you for sticking to them even when the ladies that you've met have no regard for them! That takes a strong person, and it also takes a strong person to treat ladies the way they should be treated- with respect (and to those who are feminists and may get upset at my remark, I think guys should be respected by ladies as well).

If you don't mind, I'll pray for you that you will find peace in your search and a like-minded respectful lady with whom you can develop a friendship with. And who knows? Wink But go into it with friendship in mind, and let God handle the rest- best decision I ever made!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 29 2015, 9:37pm

Post #5 of 14 (1212 views)
Shortcut
*warm hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

I can be dispiriting to keep being pushed away or overlooked. The best piece of advice I can give is to focus on only the things that you can influence. You can't change the reactions of the affections of other people, but you do have control over you.

My suggestion is that you spend time on developing your own happiness. Make more time for activities that you enjoy, and to be with friends and relatives whose company feels like a gift. Challenge yourself to try something that you've been interested in but haven't yet done, or find something new to expand your experiences. Be a happy person in yourself first - then you'll know when the right person for you comes along (or the wrong person to avoid).

Best wishes, Mr Arkenstone.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Maciliel
Valinor

Aug 29 2015, 10:25pm

Post #6 of 14 (1200 views)
Shortcut
sincere, best wishes for your happiness and well-being [In reply to] Can't Post

mr. arkenstone, hello :)

i'm so sorry to hear you're hurting this much. it may not be much consolation, but you are not alone in that feeling. there are so many people who feel that way, right now. and so many who will in the future, and who have felt so in the past. it's an irony that this feeling of being alone is experienced simulataneously by so many. the thing that is helpful to understand about this is that since this feeling is experienced by many, there are many out there who can relate to what you're feeling, and can possibly help you by listening or talking with you about it.

the world is tough on sensitive folks. being sensitive is truly a gift. to be able to see beauty and love and good things, where others cannot. but it can be isolating as well, because a certain degree of sensitivity -- to be greatly sensitive -- is uncommon. there are far more people in the world who are averagely sensitive, or non-sensitive, or insensitive. these are the folks who don't say thank you or please, cut in front of others in line without a second thought, think of their own emotional needs first. many of them are bullies and are selfish.

you have gotten a lot of good replies here to your post. take time to digest them. use them to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, and your patterns, as well as the patterns of others.

there are so many females who could have written pretty much the same post that you did (and have).

being a sensitive person will be welcomed by some and derided by others. i often have found that when someone is telling someone else that he/she is "too sensitive," it's often an a excuse for the other person's +in+sensitivity.

also, there are many folks out there, when it comes to romantic relationships, who may be good people in general, but who -- when they get to the romance department -- are really just playing out scenes of trauma or unhappiness from the past. sometimes (sometimes) when a girl or a guy picks a "bad girl" or a "bad guy" for a partner, it's not just or not necessarily about excitement. sometimes they don't know any better. sometimes when someone treats them well they just don't know how to handle it, because in the past they've always been treated ill. sometimes they don't trust it, because they don't have self-worth (so how could someone be treating them well? it must be a trick). sometimes the other partner reminds them in some, subconscious way of a parental figure,who never gave them enough love or nurturing or etc. when the romantic partner of the present gives them a bit of what was denied in the past, it can be incredibly powerful -- it can feel like the denying parental figure in the past is healing a wound, that they're finally getting the love and support they needed.

look at everything. look at your patterns. look at their patterns. with the girls you pick, other than the pattern of them leaving, what other similarities do they have? some pattern that you could use to disengage with them earlier, or not engage with them at all.

try exploring things that "sensitives" might do and places where "sensitives" might go. these might be non-bar places, and non-noisy places.

i think there are many folks on torn who feel like you do -- that their more sensitive understanding of the world, and consideration for the feelings of others is often bruised. it can be tough to bear. but take comfort that you are not alone -- you're truly not. there are +many+ people who feel the nobler, more giving, more loving, more sensitive parts of themselves mirrored and upheld in the works of tolkien. the good news is that that particular part of his world is not limited to middle-earth.

there are many sensitives out there. their gift makes them understand the world better. their gift makes it easier for them to learn from their mistakes +and+ the mistakes of others. their gift makes it easier for them to give love, heal the world, and receive love in turn.

the non-sensitives seem to have it easier, but they really don't. they have a harder time seeing patterns, learning from their mistakes. they may be able to beat up other kids on the playground or use people in their adult lives, but they're often lonely, angry, frustrated, and clueless about how to fix things, because introspection, empathy, and generosity are foreign languages to them.

please also keep in mind that everybody is a work in progress, and even good and decent people may be crossing your path on a bad day in their lives or a bad time in their lives.

it's hard to balance the need to do one's best when one isn't feeling like one's consideration for others is being requited. just keep taking one step forward, and then take the next step, and then the next. try to always learn from others and from your own experiences (and it's absolutely okay to set limits to protect yourself -- you don't have to be the savior of the world or even to save another person).

wishing you the best --

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 30 2015, 4:37pm

Post #7 of 14 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Sorry for your pain [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in a little bit of a bad situation, too. I've been married for 27 years, but things are very rocky right now between me and hubby. Like you, I LOVE the Hobbit/LoTR, it truly feels like another world, with really clear-cut good & bad - so different from the real world, where good & bad can be much more difficult to determine. Maybe it's just easier for me to hide in this perfect world than to deal with my problems, but I know I am probably not doing enough for this relationship and I am the ONLY person that can change that. Maybe the ladies ran because they weren't really ready to do the work needed to make a relationship work, and believe me, it's WORK. You don't stay married for 27 years without a lot of give & take, compromise, and sometimes that compromise doesn't feel so good. But there are times when I just don't want to, I want what I want instead. There is something coming up that I want more than anything - and it might cost me big-time. I don't want to lose my hubby, so hopefully I can work something out with him. All I'm saying is, it takes two people to make a relationship work, and it's not easy. Best of luck to you.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2015, 4:42pm

Post #8 of 14 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Well thtank you all for the incredible feedback [In reply to] Can't Post

I will answer each one of you via PM

But here thanks for the incredible (again) responses I´m a bit shocked of the time you have taken to answer and the amount of experiences and knowledge about life you putted in your answers.

THANKS TO YOU ALL

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Maciliel
Valinor

Aug 30 2015, 6:21pm

Post #9 of 14 (1122 views)
Shortcut
some great articles about sensitive people [In reply to] Can't Post

some great articles about sensitive people, their gifts, and their challenges...

18 signs of high emotional intelligence
http://expandedconsciousness.com/...tional-intelligence/

how highly sensitive people interact with the world differently
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...cbklnkushpmg00000023

why highly sensitive people attract narcissists, and what to do about it
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/...ow-to-disengage.html

who falls for dishonest people? not who you'd expect
https://www.psychologytoday.com/...-not-who-youd-expect

this next site isn't about sensitive people, per se, but it is a great site about relationships, and how to notice the warning signs that indicate you're dealing with a person who is not worth your time...

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/

cheers ---

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Aug 30 2015, 6:28pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 30 2015, 11:54pm

Post #10 of 14 (1093 views)
Shortcut
**warm hug** It's going to be okay :) [In reply to] Can't Post

First off... don't lose track of the fact that this is just an instant in the span of a lifetime. Not everything will be settled, easy, clear, or answered. I heard a wonderful phrase recently:

"The Road of Life is always under construction."

I literally laughed when I heard it! HOW TRUE!

You are believing everything should be in place in your life... including relationships with others. Life is in flux and never stagnant. It's at once an enigma and a gift. We, and those in our lives, are constantly evolving... so don't look for answers to everything to be apparent... especially in others. Find your own joy within yourself. You won't "need" someone to fill that part of your life. As I met people through the years, I was not drawn to others with great need... feeling that my energy and creativity would be spent on taking care of those needs instead of sharing a life as equals. I think of myself as a pretty sensitive and empathetic person and tried to be there for others with great need... and I lost myself in that endless effort.

Relationships have no timeline or schedule... so age is not a factor. We each have chapters to our own story... and you're experiencing yours right now. Make it the best story you can and try not to worry. It will all work out and you'll find contentment like Sam, Frodo, and all our friends in Tolkien's world. :)

Hang in there, and don't despair :) The best is yet to come!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Mikah
Lorien

Aug 31 2015, 12:39am

Post #11 of 14 (1085 views)
Shortcut
More honest words were never spoken. [In reply to] Can't Post

You hit the nail on the head here...seriously. Just about every woman goes through the "bad boy" phase. In Tolkien terms, there is still a part of me that would take Feanor over Finrod. In most women, they go through that at some point too. Is there some part of you that may be attracted to women who happen to be in that phase? I have been married now for over seven years and I am honestly glad that my husband did not come along sooner. I would not have appreciated the extraordinary person that he is. In some way, I probably was not really ready for the type of commitment that my husband now gives me.

I know you have heard this before, but I say it only because it is true. Try not focusing on a relationship for a while. I do not mean a few weeks...I mean a significant amount of time. Focus instead on your other interests. Perhaps develop other interests or hobbies. Unfortunately, when a person is only out after a relationship, it can seem "desperate." I hate that word, but it does. Nobody wants to be anybody's "everything." The responsibility is simply too great. We want to be with people who have their own interests, hobbies, and friends. I do not want to think my husband is with me because he needs me so much as I would like to think that he is with me because he chooses to be.

Honestly, you seem like a great guy and plenty of women would probably love to know you. Just give yourself a chance to know you first. Take some time out for a little self-reflection, know what you believe, know who you are, and know what you really want out of a relationship. I think that once these questions are really answered you are a whole lot less likely to choose the wrong girl. Some things, such as choosing a life partner, simply cannot be compromised on. Learn to trust you. I have a difficult time trusting people too. But at the end of the day, it really isn't about trusting people at all, it is about trusting myself and God (through Jesus) to get me through whatever harsh cards life and people may deal me.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts and are in no way intended to hurt anyone and hope that they do not.

Mikah
Lorien

Aug 31 2015, 12:48am

Post #12 of 14 (1083 views)
Shortcut
I love your story... [In reply to] Can't Post

I completely agree here as well. You know when I decided that I really wanted to find someone to settle down with I prayed that God would take every man out of my life who wasn't marriage material. I kid you not when I tell you that every guy I had been dating dumped me that week! Sheesh. Talk about reality check. My husband came along six months later. I often say that I know that God's plan is better than my own, because of my husband. When you really put things in his hands, at that point you really experience his goodness, don't you? Seriously, what did I know about picking guys, I had a very long and broken track record! You could just tell that a guy was a bad guy, because I picked them! Seriously, if you are a Christian, Cirashala gives the best advice, leave it to God and everything else will fall into place, as long as you keep him first.

Annael
Immortal

Aug 31 2015, 3:06pm

Post #13 of 14 (1054 views)
Shortcut
and if you're not a Christan [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not, but I believe we are guided and helped by something. I look back at my own life and it's so obvious that some other power's been at work many times. The trick is, we have free will, so we have to give permission to God or our angels or The Force or whatever you want to call it to work on our behalf, and that does mean giving up control and asking for help. Which is what prayer is, in the end. And help will come. They've even proved that scientifically - prayer works on ill people, regardless of their beliefs or your beliefs, regardless of how far away, regardless of whether or not you even know them!

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 3 2015, 12:54pm

Post #14 of 14 (981 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for these! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just recently started thinking I might be one of these and I'm almost 60 years old. Is this something newly discovered? I remember when I was quite young I was reading a book and crying over the sad part. My mom seemed totally surprised by this but I thought everyone was like me. My late husband used to constantly tell me I was too sensitive and needed a thicker skin. Who knew?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.