The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
toys

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2015, 9:38pm

Post #1 of 3 (1179 views)
Shortcut
toys Can't Post

How lovely would be the filmakers would take the fact that dwarves are toymakers and show this

There's some bifur I know.

But we havent seen it make the cut. Seeing a recovered Erebor in the day of Dain before Bilbos farewell would be fantastic

Huge tolkien vibe. They could show evea small toy dog that every Tolkien nerd would regonize as Roverandom

How cool would that be???

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 27 2015, 9:43pm

Post #2 of 3 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Bofur's toys [In reply to] Can't Post

I like to think Bofur is a toy maker, because of his funny personality.

A great scene would be Bofur in Lake town trying to rejoice Tilda with some toy, lovelyHeart

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

And my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hobbit-Rules/676198089181339

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2015, 5:28am

Post #3 of 3 (964 views)
Shortcut
Cool? Yes. Fitting? I'm not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved the account of Bilbo's later travels and his return to Dale/Erebor as recounted in Book II of LOTR. But I don't really see how it fits into or contributes to the story of either TH or LOTR. I guess if they had been able to make TH first there could have been a few references thrown in (such as the "Made in Dale" musical crackers at Bilbo's 111th birthday party). But there weren't a lot of opportunities for toy-making during TH...

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Aug 28 2015, 5:28am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.