All the new BOFA EE clips in one short video
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Goldeneye
Lorien

Aug 28 2015, 12:24pm

Post #26 of 50 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I'm defending the extra battle/action footage, but I'm guessing they are featuring that stuff heavily in the trailer because it's more visually exciting. A quiet scene like the funeral or the return journey probably wouldn't mix well with the fast-paced tone of the trailer. But yes, I would much rather see character-related scenes than more CGI action.

AndHeHandedHimTheTobaccoJar
Bree

Aug 28 2015, 1:09pm

Post #27 of 50 (2787 views)
Shortcut
My Problem With Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that in LOTR he did lots of crazy stuff, but not too much, and at least 50% of it was pretty believable. In the Hobbit, literally every fight scene he is in (except for when he is picking of orcs for Thorin) he is doing something totally unbelievable and cheesy looking. When he does it that often, it goes from "Cool!" to "That's getting annoying."

tattooed_dwarf
Rivendell

Aug 28 2015, 3:36pm

Post #28 of 50 (2740 views)
Shortcut
coolest shot [In reply to] Can't Post

And coolest shot of Legolas was in Fellowship when they were fighting orcs at Amon Hen. It's when he stands still shooting orcs quickly with his bow. Beautiful shot and more grounded. It shows that he is no ordinary man shooting arrows and neither is he some videogame character bouncing around. And why they had to use same trick like 4 times in these movies where he kills someone through on top of their head.

(This post was edited by tattooed_dwarf on Aug 28 2015, 3:36pm)

Cillendor
Lorien

Aug 28 2015, 3:40pm

Post #29 of 50 (2735 views)
Shortcut
grrrrr [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that Legolas is awesome even though a bit overusedCool

Apparently, Jackson has heard my plead for giving Legolas a more prominent role in the third filmHeartTongue

So YOU'RE the one we should blame? Wink

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 28 2015, 3:59pm

Post #30 of 50 (2709 views)
Shortcut
Also... how and why? [In reply to] Can't Post

What makes Legolas so special that he's able to do these impossible things? Where did he get his training? Why are none of the other elves as able as he is? If Thranduil had an army of a thousand Legolases, there wouldn't really be any challenge. Maybe Thranduil took a fairy wife?

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Aug 28 2015, 4:12pm

Post #31 of 50 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Absolument! [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me be the breakwater against Legola's accusations Cool

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 28 2015, 5:40pm

Post #32 of 50 (2670 views)
Shortcut
Er..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil DOES have an army of a thousand Legolases - just look at the way they scamper around in the trees during the barrel escape and leap the dwarves' shield wall in the battle! Cool

Goldeneye
Lorien

Aug 28 2015, 7:14pm

Post #33 of 50 (2634 views)
Shortcut
Um. [In reply to] Can't Post

Shouldn't the correct term be Legoli? Tongue

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 28 2015, 7:20pm

Post #34 of 50 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Legolodes? / [In reply to] Can't Post

"We’re orcs of the Misty Mountains,
Our singing’s part of canon.
We do routines and chorus scenes
While dancing with abandon.
We killed Isildur in the Gladden,
To help Sauron bring Armageddon!"
-From "Monty Python and the One Ring"

DainPig
Gondor

Aug 28 2015, 7:27pm

Post #35 of 50 (2622 views)
Shortcut
Legolas in esperanto [In reply to] Can't Post

is Legolasoi, or Legoloi, Wink

How aaaaaaaaaaaaaare you all???

Hey guys, my blog is: dainpigblog.blogspot.com

And my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hobbit-Rules/676198089181339

Dipling
Lorien

Aug 28 2015, 7:56pm

Post #36 of 50 (2605 views)
Shortcut
This... [In reply to] Can't Post

Answer to - "swirling ballista arrows?"

(This post was edited by Dipling on Aug 28 2015, 7:57pm)

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 28 2015, 8:13pm

Post #37 of 50 (2595 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but what are they? Why do they swirl? Coriolis effect from power? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are they trailing something that spins?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 28 2015, 8:18pm

Post #38 of 50 (2590 views)
Shortcut
I imagine they're just blades... [In reply to] Can't Post

Blades that are tilted like on a windmill, so as the spear moves forward the blade spins around?

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 28 2015, 10:06pm

Post #39 of 50 (2572 views)
Shortcut
Probably.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I think some of them are Legolassies! Wink

NManfredi
Rivendell

Aug 28 2015, 10:34pm

Post #40 of 50 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves in real costumes! Also, Greetings to all [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings:

I'm NManfredi and I would like to introduce myself briefly: I have been a Tolkien lover since I was 10. I am 24 yo now. I also love PJ's movies and I'm planning on reading the 12 books about the History of Middle Earth. I bought the first one some weeks ago and I'm eager to start reading it as soon as I can catch up with my studies at the university.

That being said, I'm really excited to hear from all of you about the latest news related to the EE and have been reading them for a couple of weeks now. I have had tons of work to complete these past weeks so that's why I hadn't posted anything.

Now on to what I want to say:

After examining the trailer a bit, I noticed some things that made me feel really pleased and want to know if you see them as I do.

Here's the link to the video, supposedly showing the screenshot that I wanted to talk about (I don't know how to upload a screenshot from a video yet, I'm afraid:

https://youtu.be/c4ur4HeaTgc?t=118

I am pretty sure those are Dwarves in full armor and prosthetics. What do you think? It only lasts a second, from 1:57 to 1:58, but they look quite real!

Also, if you stop the video just one second after, at 1:59, Dáin seems more real now. Don't know that's because they lowered the bloom effect or worked a little more with his model but it seems to be more grounded and real.

What do you guys think?

http://http://

(This post was edited by NManfredi on Aug 28 2015, 10:36pm)

Dipling
Lorien

Aug 28 2015, 11:14pm

Post #41 of 50 (2543 views)
Shortcut
Here... [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe it's just the quality of Fathome trailer. Maybe they changed color grading.

Fathom trailer:

BR:

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 28 2015, 11:18pm

Post #42 of 50 (2539 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Shouldn't the correct term be Legoli? Tongue

You can say, for example, octopuses and octopi (though granted, 'octopuses' is more acceptable), and cactuses and cacti, so Legolases and Legolasi would both presumably work.Crazy
Evil

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 28 2015, 11:21pm

Post #43 of 50 (2538 views)
Shortcut
Hello, NManfredi [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know the answer to your questions, but greetings and great that you've delurked to join the arguers, talkers and questioners!Wink

NManfredi
Rivendell

Aug 29 2015, 1:11am

Post #44 of 50 (2519 views)
Shortcut
Maybe you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

But I hope they stick to those models and that they appear in the EE, they look awesome!

I don't know for sure if they're CGI or Dwarves in prosthetics, but I would bet it's prosthetics. If you look closely, the Dwarves that are closer to the camera seem to have beards of different colors, which tells me that maybe they're not CGI. Besides, their armors seem to behave more natural under sunlight than the ones we saw in the TE. Don't know for sure but they look good anyways.

About the other thing you mentioned, what is "BR"?

NManfredi
Rivendell

Aug 29 2015, 1:16am

Post #45 of 50 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Glorfindela [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to meet you, too!

I wanted to write sooner, but well, at least I did it now. It's great to see how dedicated you all are to Tolkien's work. I am very happy to be here and eager to learn from all of youSmile

Withywindle
Bree

Aug 29 2015, 2:23am

Post #46 of 50 (2501 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think "BR" means Blu-Ray. I don't know exactly.Crazy

NManfredi
Rivendell

Aug 29 2015, 2:39am

Post #47 of 50 (2494 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, thanks! Now I get it. Still don't know why they went for that color grading. Maybe it has something to do with the BR being unable to handle 5 K resolution? Someone knows if that's the case?

(This post was edited by NManfredi on Aug 29 2015, 2:45am)

Farficom
Rivendell

Aug 29 2015, 3:57am

Post #48 of 50 (2474 views)
Shortcut
I'm sorry PJ. [In reply to] Can't Post

There isn't anything in the extra 20 minutes of the BotFA EE that is worth spending an addition 30+ bucks to see. I may just try to see the EE in theater, and save some cash for something better. :(

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 29 2015, 4:52am

Post #49 of 50 (2449 views)
Shortcut
Give us the details! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like you've gotten to see the EE early. Please give us a complete detailed list of new scenes.Wink

Farficom
Rivendell

Aug 31 2015, 11:06am

Post #50 of 50 (2346 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen it. [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I'm guessing that the funeral scene will take up the majority of the 20 minutes... and maybe we will get more of Legolas hanging out upside down. Perhaps even a hot Tauriel and Kili makeout scene will be tossed in for good measure (kidding, or am I?!?). Sadly there won't be a lot of Beorn which is something the movie greatly lacks, and to me is the biggest disappointment.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.