Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I bought my tickets to all three Hobbit EE movie showings in October!

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Aug 26 2015, 7:59pm

Post #1 of 9 (1224 views)
Shortcut
I bought my tickets to all three Hobbit EE movie showings in October! Can't Post

Have any other TORnsibs done so also? I'm so much looking forward to seeing these movies as Sir Peter would want us to see them!! I'm going to all three dressed as Bilbo.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 8:02pm

Post #2 of 9 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Really hope this comes to the UK // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 8:13pm

Post #3 of 9 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Great, have fun :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It is simply special to watch these kind of movies on a truly big screen :)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 8:58pm

Post #4 of 9 (1135 views)
Shortcut
Well a friend is supposed to pick some up today [In reply to] Can't Post

But just for BOT5A - I'm actually in a class on Tuesday evenings, and I can't really miss more than 1. SOOOOOOO looking forward to this!!! And hopefully lots more of these guys, too!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 26 2015, 10:25pm

Post #5 of 9 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Nope, I don't live in the US... [In reply to] Can't Post

and they seem to be the only country doing this. Probably a good thing, since seeing the theatrical edition of BoFA was bad enough, if I also saw the Extended Edition in theaters, you would have to carry me out of there (seriously). This is the one time that I'm glad I have to wait an extra month, since the longer they put it off, the better (and I don't dress up to go to the movies, I tend to save that for Halloween)! Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 27 2015, 2:31pm

Post #6 of 9 (958 views)
Shortcut
Lucky Bomby, in Denver about [In reply to] Can't Post

9 Different choices...
May see each one in
Different Theaters,
As an Experiment.

Also, not gunna try to Round up friends this time.
It was like "Herding Cats" & not Bomzzz Job.

SORTA..? go really early &
Sneak into a
Second
Showing..

We are
Lucky here in Colorado, the
Layout of the Theaters allows...

SNEAKING..?

bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Aug 27 2015, 2:33pm)

nusilver
Rohan

Sep 1 2015, 7:39am

Post #7 of 9 (849 views)
Shortcut
They're not all on Tuesdays [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But just for BOT5A - I'm actually in a class on Tuesday evenings, and I can't really miss more than 1. SOOOOOOO looking forward to this!!! And hopefully lots more of these guys, too!

Just so you know, the schedule is Monday 10/5, Wednesday 10/7, and Tuesday 10/13. If you only have class Tuesdays and can only miss one Tuesday, you'll be fine for all three!

nusilver
Rohan

Sep 1 2015, 7:43am

Post #8 of 9 (848 views)
Shortcut
Also... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just bought my tickets! I'm so excited. Really hoping the extended BOTFA has a Two Towers level turnaround from the quality of the theatrical version, because man that movie disappointed me. It still hurts to think about it.

My wife is in school those nights, too, but I've basically told her missing BOTFA is not an option. Heart

CamdenMcAndrews
Rivendell

Sep 2 2015, 5:28am

Post #9 of 9 (831 views)
Shortcut
Got tickets for Battle of the Five Armies EE [In reply to] Can't Post

My wife only has Tuesday night off and we really can't afford the tickets, time, and gas to see all three of the EE films in the theater (darn it), but it works out pretty well because the Battle of Five Armies Extended Edition is the one I've been living for!

On October 13, we'll be watching in Houston, at the AMC Gulf Pointe 30.

Houston Tolkien Fandom is planning meetups at the Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 IMAX & RPX theater at the same time. It's too far for us to drive, but any fans near Houston might want to look up the Houston Tolkien Fandom Meetup site.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.