Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which new scene from the EE trailer did you like the best and are most looking forward to.
Poll: Which new scene from the EE trailer did you like the best and are most looking forward to.
Bard in the rooftops
The Chariot
Legolas on the bat
The rams and Dwarfs vs Elves
The Elves in Dale
More orc armies
View Results (34 votes)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Aug 26 2015, 6:57pm

Post #1 of 8 (4348 views)
Shortcut
Which new scene from the EE trailer did you like the best and are most looking forward to. Can't Post

Edit: It is Bard on the rooftops.

(This post was edited by Smaug the iron on Aug 26 2015, 7:02pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Aug 26 2015, 8:43pm

Post #2 of 8 (4311 views)
Shortcut
Battle Rams [In reply to] Can't Post

and more rams. Even the chariot scene consists of lovely ramsCool

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Aug 26 2015, 8:43pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 26 2015, 8:46pm

Post #3 of 8 (4302 views)
Shortcut
Battle Rams! [In reply to] Can't Post

And the Chariot - what he said!

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2015, 4:40am

Post #4 of 8 (4265 views)
Shortcut
Probably Bard [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I think his fight with Smaug needs to be longer, but it was one of the best parts of the film and so I'm more optimistic for that than some of the other extensions.

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 27 2015, 8:46am

Post #5 of 8 (4246 views)
Shortcut
Bard :) [In reply to] Can't Post

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 28 2015, 6:42pm

Post #6 of 8 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Bard, because we need to see the windlance... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the TE the windlance stuff doesn't go anywhere. My hope is to see Bard try to get to the windlance, but Smaug destroys it.

I also hope, but don't expect at all, to see the thrush in during this scene. I think it'd be cool if the windlance gets destroyed and Bard loses hope. Then he sees the thrush,which flies near Smaug. Bard then notices the loose scale and begins making his way to the bell tower for a clear shot of it.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 28 2015, 6:43pm)

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2015, 10:54pm

Post #7 of 8 (4173 views)
Shortcut
Good points [In reply to] Can't Post

It was kind of weird that the windlance didn't go anywhere after being foreshadowed so heavily. It would be nice to see the Thrush but I'm not sure it was set up enough even in DOS-EE so I don't necessarily expect him to appear either.

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Aug 28 2015, 10:55pm)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 29 2015, 7:35pm

Post #8 of 8 (4118 views)
Shortcut
Definately Bard [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love more of the introduction into BOFA, the scenes with Bard and Smaug in the burning Laketown went by way to fast for me.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.